It Has GOT to be Campbell (Watch This!)

TNHopeful505

You can substitute everything he said about Iowa State for Tennessee and it fits perfectly. He wanted a challenge. He saw the energy, the passion, the potential, the Athletic Director, and the challenge of the Conference.

I'm sorry, but I really truly believe this is our next coach. And I think he is the next star in college football.

If we're not getting Freeze, which we won't. Cause UT is pathetically ignorant, I'd be good with Campbell, Napier, or Franklin. Throw in Fickle and Fleck too. Odds are bound to kick in...... Right?
Well, youd think. But nobody mentioned Kiffin, Dooley, Jones or Pruitt on here when we hired them.

Reactions: clint8879
Whichever or whomever rather; I just want one thing, a damn winner. With a proven track record. If that’s Matt Campbell awesome, if it’s PJ Fleck wonderful. I throughly trust AD White will make a great decision and start the process of us getting back on track.

But if he shows up with someone like Sonny Dykes or Rod Anderson (made up name guys) from South Central Louisiana Monroe University I’ll be disappointed.

We offered someone 40m over 5-7 years today.

I've seen this rumored a few places. I hope it's true cause it would mean we're finally willing to spend the money to get a proven coach.

I've read that 40mil is including buyouts, and an estimated avg of 6-7mil/year. If true that would be just out side the top 10 (tier-1) coaches.

If true, my guess would be Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal.

I would have guessed Fleck and what OP was saying about Campbell's approach to a challenge, there are the same type of quotes by Fleck. However I've read he may be staying at MN.

Who knows. But I'm praying these latest rumors are true. Cause that means we're serious and not settling anymore.

I've seen this rumored a few places. I hope it's true cause it would mean we're finally willing to spend the money to get a proven coach.

I've read that 40mil is including buyouts, and an estimated avg of 6-7mil/year. If true that would be just out side the top 10 (tier-1) coaches.

I would have guessed Fleck and what OP was saying about Campbell's approach to a challenge, there are the same type of quotes by Fleck. However I've read he may be staying at MN.

Who knows. But I'm praying these latest rumors are true. Cause that means we're serious and not settling anymore.
If $6/7 a year million was offered and no one can verify the name my guess is that is James Franklin. Right now Franklin is making $5.6mil at Penn St. so to me if that kind of money was offered then it would just make sense that it would be James Franklin jmo.

If $6/7 a year million was offered and no one can verify the name my guess is that is James Franklin. Right now Franklin is making $5.6mil at Penn St. so to me if that kind of money was offered then it would just make sense that it would be James Franklin jmo.
Franklin has had legal problems in the past, anybody with integrity issues is a no go, Franklin isn't the guy

If you eliminate anyone with baggage (perceived or real), then Freeze, Kiffin, Chadwell, and Franklin are out.

Eliminating coordinators takes Elliott away.

Getting rid of coaches that IMO have suspect records at their current positions removes Dykes and Fleck.

That leaves us with 1a) Campbell, 1b) Fickell, 3) Herman, and 4) Napier.

All this is in the Coachery thread starting about 8pm Sunday evening. If the 40m is declined by candidate 1 we should be able to go to candidate 2 and have a deal done and coached announced tomorrow. The 2nd deal will probably be a lesser total.

You can substitute everything he said about Iowa State for Tennessee and it fits perfectly. He wanted a challenge. He saw the energy, the passion, the potential, the Athletic Director, and the challenge of the Conference.

I'm sorry, but I really truly believe this is our next coach. And I think he is the next star in college football.

Why are you sorry

If that is true then it may be Franklin because that is a little over what he makes at Penn St. jmo.
Franklin is unlikely. Too much noise in his background IMO. Campbell, Fleck, Fickel would be my guesses. Reports this evening is Fleck is calling his players stating he is remaining where he is at.

Franklin has had legal problems in the past, anybody with integrity issues is a no go, Franklin isn't the guy
Yea the only reason I say it would be Franklin is because of those number. You have to be a really good coach that has proven you can win consistently at a big time school to get that much money a year. I can understand the legal issues tho.

I am scratching my head to figure out WTF this video has to do with anything. He's leaving Toledo....blah blah coach talk...gonna do good at Iowa State...blah blah coach talk. What the crap has this got to do with Tennessee? If I missed some announcement, I apologize.

VN Store

Back