Bob Stoops

Would he be a good head coach in Knoxville? Would he ever consider coaching here??
SafeScratchyGenet-size_restricted.gif

Freeze, Kiffin, Stoops, Campbell, I'm done analysing which coach we should hire.
I just want to be relevant again.
Whoever wants to come here and is a damn good coach, that's who I'll support.

I'm Done with these dollar store coaches.
Done watching getting beat by everybody.

“IF”

Meyer
Stoops
Biggest names and best coaches “possible.”

Freeze
Biggest name and best coach in reality “possible”......for Tennessee.

However there’s that little “if”.........if Pruitt were to get fired.

We’ll all have to endure more of the Pruitt nightmare.

Stoops would be awesome though.
18 years coaching. 10 of those he had 2 or fewer (or zero) losses. Another 4 he had 3 losses. Stoops only had 4 seasons out of 18 with more than 3 losses. Coaches like that change things quickly.

Also he went 11-2 and 11-2 his final 2 seasons......so it wasn’t like he got terrible at the end.

I think Tennessee can land a great coach but some of you are so completely disconnected from reality it’s ridiculous. We’re not getting Stoops or Meyer; we have about as much chance at them as we would hiring Saban a way from Bama.

Reactions: Zues1 and JoAllan
Let me expound on this. A coach like Meyer or Stoops can pick and choose their ideal situation or they can just stay retired. Tennessee just isn’t an ideal situation for anyone that has several options other than maybe Freeze. You’ve got opportunities like Michigan, USC, Texas, etc which have easier paths to winning a title and are easier to recruit to.

Let me expound on this. A coach like Meyer or Stoops can pick and choose their ideal situation or they can just stay retired. Tennessee just isn’t an ideal situation for anyone that has several options other than maybe Freeze. You’ve got opportunities like Michigan, USC, Texas, etc which have easier paths to winning a title and are easier to recruit to.
Totally agree about top.coaches, but not so fast on the other jobs imo.
Michigan is UT in the Big10, storied history, but has mostly been inferior to the best in their conference who happens to be their biggest rival. Kinda like us and Bama and I don't think living in Ann Arbor is an easy pit h to most kids from reasonable climates.
Texas is losing a lot of recruits to LSU (not new) and Bama (not new) but also aTm, and Oklahoma, etc. And they are spinning their wheels chasing the glory days as well.
I'd have to admit USC still carries a ton of sway out west, easy path to the conference title, large fan base, money and very few comparable recruiting rivals. So that's where I believe Meyer ends up.

Reactions: bamavol53
Bros, please just pump the brakes on these threads. Save them for next year when it’s much more feasible that Pruitt could be fired.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back