Mizzou's 98 million dollar Stadium Up-Grade

I40flyer

keeping it real
Mizzou has finished it's 98 million dollar stadium upgrade, they've lost some cheap seats, but their now 65,000 seat look good, in fact the entire facility looks good, anyone going to the game? Post some photos! Loosing a few seat in order to upgrade the entire game day experience for the fans is a plus-and it increases revenue. Their stadium isn't Neyland, but it is very good, I'd like Neyland to become a Giant version.

Mizzou has finished it's 98 million dollar stadium upgrade, they've lost some cheap seats, but their now 65,000 seat look good, in fact the entire facility looks good, anyone going to the game? Post some photos! Loosing a few seat in order to upgrade the entire game day experience for the fans is a plus-and it increases revenue. Their stadium isn't Neyland, but it is very good, I'd like Neyland to become a Giant version.
The stadium, aesthetically is attractive, I just don't like that there is no end zone seating.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBVol and A.J.

They could have lost 20,000 more seats and still had a problem filling that place up.

Phil Fulmer talked on Doug Matthews' radio show yesterday about stadium improvements and hinted at some total seats being lost in the process. Talked about the south end zone and the game experience for families. 1045thezone.com - Big Orange Sunday.

I like the family focus. Now, if he'd just also focus on the bipedal whale seating thing....

Phil Fulmer talked on Doug Matthews' radio show yesterday about stadium improvements and hinted at some total seats being lost in the process. Talked about the south end zone and the game experience for families. 1045thezone.com - Big Orange Sunday.
Pretty sad. We should be pushing for the largest in the country again, not downsizing.

Pretty sad. We should be pushing for the largest in the country again, not downsizing.

We can’t fill all the seats as is. I hope they don’t go below 100k but I understand the decision.

I’m also more concerned about being able to take my family of 5 to the occasional game without taking out a second mortgage.

...and still can’t fill the stadium
Tickets sold vs number of actual butts in seats is a hard number to get, not just for MO, but UT as well. For some reason AD's are playing loose and fast with the numbers. The term Capacity is often used as opposed to actual seats for sale-it paints a different picture, and sadly many fall for it. I'm glad to see an SEC team up-grading their stadium-being fan friendly will keep people coming. We have had a huge number of empty seats per game (ON AVERAGE) for the last few years. Note: I put "on average" in bolt letters to keep a random idiot from pointing out one game or another-as would have occurred had I not done so, some are easily confused.

Reactions: tbh and vettefool
They could have lost 20,000 more seats and still had a problem filling that place up.
You may be correct, I don't know the actual number attending the MO games, but I've looked at our numbers-not so good. For the Florida game we announced a number, that was factually incorrect, as the FOIA request got a number 15,000 fewer than reported, on average we are suffering 25,000 empty seats (not to be confused with the "tickets sold") per game. Phil has stated the AD Is making changes to address this, the loss of revenue is staggering. Most teams around the country are suffering from significantly lower attendance numbers-not the very top teams, but most. The surest way to put paying butts in seats is an old fashion idea, WIN games. It seems to work for the top teams, and most likely would still work elsewhere, in the past it has filled Neyland.

Reactions: vettefool
You may be correct, I don't know the actual number attending the MO games, but I've looked at our numbers-not so good. For the Florida game we announced a number, that was factually incorrect, as the FOIA request got a number 15,000 fewer than reported, on average we are suffering 25,000 empty seats (not to be confused with the "tickets sold") per game. Phil has stated the AD Is making changes to address this, the loss of revenue is staggering. Most teams around the country are suffering from significantly lower attendance numbers-not the very top teams, but most. The surest way to put paying butts in seats is an old fashion idea, WIN games. It seems to work for the top teams, and most likely would still work elsewhere, in the past it has filled Neyland.
So, there has to be a correlation between the prices of the ticks and the empty seats. It's a once a year thing for me, and I think a lot of fans feel the same way. Especially if you spend $ 300 for tickets to watch them lose, you just paid for a depressing emotional experience. You start to feel like a sucker.

Reactions: I40flyer
So, there has to be a correlation between the prices of the ticks and the empty seats. It's a once a year thing for me, and I think a lot of fans feel the same way. Especially if you spend $ 300 for tickets to watch them lose, you just paid for a depressing emotional experience. You start to feel like a sucker.
In my heart I know you're right; however, I can't find a study. There is a discrepancy between the number of tickets sold vs butts in seats. IMHO, as long as ticket sales are high-keeping a steady profit margin, the AD isn't that worried. The demand for "cheap seats" isn't as high as for the more expensive "better" seats. From a business point of view, it only makes sense to reduce the number of cheap seats, increase the number of "good seats", while attendance will decrease, revenue will increase. As it is and always will be, "What the market will bear".

Apologize for my ignorance here, but it does? Every time I see that stadium on tv I think if it as one of the worst stadiums in the SEC. What’s up with the hill with rocks on one end of the stadium? And the camera angles are different there than any other stadium, they’re really low, which makes the field look small or something. I don’t know, when I think great SEC stadiums, they don’t even sniff the list for me.

I don’t want Neyland to be anything other than an upgraded Neyland, not some knock off version of a stadium I have a low opinion of to begin with.

The biggest gripe I have with Neyland, the game day experience, is the CRAMPED SEATING! I really do not enjoy the shoulder to shoulder and fighting for leg room experience! Further, people routinely put their knees in my back and it really cannot be avoided! I love the Vols but this needs to get fixed!

Is someone sits next to you who is overweight, forget it you are in trouble!

Memorial Stadium South End Zone Project

The biggest gripe I have with Neyland, the game day experience, is the CRAMPED SEATING! I really do not enjoy the shoulder to shoulder and fighting for leg room experience! Further, people routinely put their knees in my back and it really cannot be avoided! I love the Vols but this needs to get fixed!

Is someone sits next to you who is overweight, forget it you are in trouble!

only way to avoid that is to stay home and watch on the big screen in your mancave/living room.

doubt that every 5 start that sees it falls down in worship at the entrance...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT MIZZOU!

Nothing about that staduim that Mizzou plays in is worth talking about in good light. That staduim and surrounding area and campus is a total dump. I lived in KC for 8 years and when UT played them there I would attend the game. The sound system is garbage. The fans are a joke. Tailgating is meh. I mean seriously I can't think of one good thing to say about that place. Worst staduim and game experience I've ever been too.

VN Store

Back