Which assistants survive the off-season?

kemotoe

I’m probably being sarcastic.
There are 3 assistants who’s contracts are ending after this year.

Tracy Rocker
Chris Weinke
David Johnson.

I personally think Rocker and Weinke are gone regardless of how the season plays out. From the DL and QB woes to the subpar recruiting. YAC can probably get extended if the running backs continue to look good and he does well enough in recruiting.

JG's woes aren't Weinke's fault. I would've said Friend likely to go first, but the offensive line is improving. I think offensive coaches are safe and I'd guess someone on defense goes first.

Reactions: TBvol
There are 3 assistants who’s contracts are ending after this year.

Tracy Rocker
Chris Weinke
David Johnson.

I personally think Rocker and Weinke are gone regardless of how the season plays out. From the DL and QB woes to the subpar recruiting. YAC can probably get extended if the running backs continue to look good and he does well enough in recruiting.
Add Sherrar and Friend to mix hopefully. We have some huge recruiting deficiencies on staff.

I wonder a little about Fitzgerald too. I doubt any of you will recall this but preseason I went on a huge Fitzgerald is great rant. I truly felt we were fortunate to have him. He has had success at other programs and I truly expected to see our players in the best condition of their lives. That is not what has happened though. BYU had a lot more steam in their engines in overtime and our players keep getting pushed around. I have not soured to the point of wanting Fitz's head on a platter but I am very disappointed with what I have seen so far.

I wonder a little about Fitzgerald too. I doubt any of you will recall this but preseason I went on a huge Fitzgerald is great rant. I truly felt we were fortunate to have him. He has had success at other programs and I truly expected to see our players in the best condition of their lives. That is not what has happened though. BYU had a lot more steam in their engines in overtime and our players keep getting pushed around. I have not soured to the point of wanting Fitz's head on a platter but I am very disappointed with what I have seen so far.

Meh. Our OL mauled BYU at times and looked pretty good against a veteran group on both sides of the LOS. We just wore out from chasing the QB all over the field. That happens when depth is an issue

JG's woes aren't Weinke's fault. I would've said Friend likely to go first, but the offensive line is improving. I think offensive coaches are safe and I'd guess someone on defense goes first.

After reading all the practice reports and how Chaney is out there spending significant time with the o-line, I wonder if their improvement is more from him. I actually think Friend is still on his way out.........would love for Chaney to pick his own O-line coach......there is a guy at Georgia named Pittman who is supposed to be good. ;)

After reading all the practice reports and how Chaney is out there spending significant time with the o-line, I wonder if their improvement is more from him. I actually think Friend is still on his way out.........would love for Chaney to pick his own O-line coach......there is a guy at Georgia named Pittman who is supposed to be good. ;)
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for pointing it out. I wish Pittman would come, I doubt we pry him away tho. GA has the best o-line in the country. He along with Chaney would def put us over the top. Put in Bailey with our offensive weapons, we'd have one dangerous offense. I hate thinking of the could he's tho, we never get that lucky.

Reactions: NATHAN05
More of lack of depth on the defensive line than a S&C issue

More of lack of depth on the defensive line than a S&C issue

I gotta agree here too......Especially when it comes to the dreaded "word that should not be spoken." We have had WAAAAAAAAYYYY less of in****** this season so far than during all the years that Butch and Dooley were here when marked at the same time of year during their seasons.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
You guys are such low class losers sometimes.. Talking about coaches careers as though they don't have families. Taking cheap shots at their coaching ability or recruiting prowess when in reality you know nothing. You all sit behind keyboards and act like authorities on everything football. I would bet most of you never competed at anything.

You guys are such low class losers sometimes.. Talking about coaches careers as though they don't have families. Taking cheap shots at their coaching ability or recruiting prowess when in reality you know nothing. You all sit behind keyboards and act like authorities on everything football. I would bet most of you never competed at anything.

BRAVO!

1-2 is all I need to know.

VN Store

Back