Holly Future

Keep Holly Fire Holly which way you want Tennessee to decide the future of the program.

• Total voters

Volfan2012

I think the majority of the posters here would like to see Holly gone but here is a chance for everyone to vote.

Reactions: T.J.
Giving Warlick another job in the university just screams nepotism in an already corrupt college sports system (NCAA, student loans, state funding, etc.). Why should she deserve another job with the university that would likely pay hundreds of thousands of dollars? What has she done to earn this? Just because you're a VFL doesn't mean you get to leach off of student loans and taxes until you retire after bringing UT's most historically successful program to its lowest point.

I'm fine with giving her a job with the U if she'll forego her buyout so that can be used to pay the next coach.

I'd not want her around the LV in the gym. It would be awkward enough encountering her elsewhere in the athletic department offices. Maybe she can be given a job with the Mocs.

Then again, there's always the chance that Duke, Texas, or LSU might come calling and buy out her contract obligations.

Then again, there's always the chance that Duke, Texas, or LSU might come calling and buy out her contract obligations.

I find it hard to believe that any school would watch Holly consistently screw up a good thing and say, "That's our future coach right there. Think we can get her?"

As bad as JPM, Karen and Nikki are...I don't think they are bad at Holly-levels. She is in a class all by herself.

If Tennessee parts ways with her, my guess is she will retire...because it's unlikely that any major program would be chasing after her out the door.

What if she takes a job a while still contributing to her retirement? Now not at her current salary of course. I want to see a change but if she got a job in the AD that’s already open and it’s less (way less) than her current salary I think that opens up more money for a top level coach. And we aren’t paying for her and the new coach. I think we see that enough with the last football staff.

She spent more of her LVFL capital each time she threw the players under the bus, and a double portion each time she let the players throw themselves under the bus.

Holly's account has a zero balance now, and it's all her fault. If I were Philip Fulmer I'd definitely be letting her go, and I would be hesitant to find her another job at the university. If she had ever even ONCE accepted even one iota of responsibility for the decline of the program I'd likely feel entirely differently about that last part -- but she didn't.

I wish nothing but the best for Holly in the future, and with her reputation of being such a nice person I am certain that some company in Knoxville would be delighted to have her around. She should have plenty of money in the bank by this point in her life, and so she will be just fine. I'm not in the LEAST worried about her in that way.

I wish she'd have been head coach material, but she wasn't. It is what it is. I'm already excited about the next coach, whomEVER that is.

Giving Warlick another job in the university just screams nepotism in an already corrupt college sports system (NCAA, student loans, state funding, etc.). Why should she deserve another job with the university that would likely pay hundreds of thousands of dollars? What has she done to earn this? Just because you're a VFL doesn't mean you get to leach off of student loans and taxes until you retire after bringing UT's most historically successful program to its lowest point.

If you fire her, she gets paid. Why not put her to work doing something productive while she collects the buyout? Being that she's from here, played here and coached here I would like to think that she would have the university's interest in everything she did.

If she were a coach we hired from another school then I would agree.

Reactions: KrazyVolFan
What if she takes a job a while still contributing to her retirement? Now not at her current salary of course. I want to see a change but if she got a job in the AD that’s already open and it’s less (way less) than her current salary I think that opens up more money for a top level coach. And we aren’t paying for her and the new coach. I think we see that enough with the last football staff.

If she had made such a decision without being forced to, in humility and with the program's future in mind
yes

but she has not done so and if her dismissal does happen, it comes about by forcing the university to act...it would unwise to keep someone around with a potential vendetta...unwise

We're paying her already, might as well get something out of it....

If she had made such a decision without being forced to, in humility and with the program's future in mind
yes

but she has not done so and if her dismissal does happen, it comes about by forcing the university to act...it would unwise to keep someone around with a potential vendetta...unwise

Whether she agrees to it or not, Holly shouldn't be an employee of UT in Knoxville after being let go or whatever turn of events. It would negatively affect the incoming coaching staff.

Nepotism? How in the world is nepotism involved here?

I would think that if the entire fanbase is anywhere close to conclusions of the poll that the AD and Tennessee would be on their way to making the change. Some thought it might happen today but it doesn't seem that is likely at this point. Tennessee has a way of prolonging the bad has happened in other sports and so again we wait for an answer.

Reactions: T.J.
If you fire her, she gets paid. Why not put her to work doing something productive while she collects the buyout? Being that she's from here, played here and coached here I would like to think that she would have the university's interest in everything she did.

If she were a coach we hired from another school then I would agree.
She hasn't always been at Tennessee as a coach. Pat did hire her from another school.

The good news about all of this is that next year's team, under a new coach, will have the power to silence all of the Holly supporters who think she's been right all along to blame the players every year for the program's fall. Once the current players are being coached within a disciplined environment with a staff they trust is preparing them to face all the situations a great team is prepared to face, then the truth will be known. Next year's dramatic improvements will speak the truth about who was really to blame. I. Can't. WAIT!!!!!!!

The good news about all of this is that next year's team, under a new coach, will have the power to silence all of the Holly supporters who think she's been right all along to blame the players every year for the program's fall. Once the current players are being coached within a disciplined environment with a staff they trust is preparing them to face all the situations a great team is prepared to face, then the truth will be known. Next year's dramatic improvements will speak the truth about who was really to blame. I. Can't. WAIT!!!!!!!
Actually, I think the next coach comes in with a leg up in alot of ways. Kind of like with our current politics, LV fans have been through so much with all the nega-firsts, etc., and the standard is now set so very low that any degree of consistency or sustained success, say win 3 or 4 games in a row against decent competition, will be hailed as the Second Coming. If we see actual improvement, remember improvement?, over the course of the season we'll rejoice.

I believe just the energy of a change and fresh start will give them a little goose in the butt as well.

Major drawback could be a relatively bare player cupboard if there are key transfers. But who leaves when things are finally about to get better?

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back