We are to be blamed for our schedule...

HoopCreekVol

So they are blaming us for not having a strong schedule. We are only playing SEC teams now and we did not know how good or bad they would be at this point. When are they going to give us credit for having a good team? Part of my family is from North Carolina, but there are better teams not on Tobacco Road.

So they are blaming us for not having a strong schedule. We are only playing SEC teams now and we did not know how good or bad they would be at this point. When are they going to give us credit for having a good team? Part of my family is from North Carolina, but there are better teams not on Tobacco Road.
Not sure why you are fretting it, we could be say Nevada that has no choice but to just deal with it...we have plenty of opportunities upcoming to change the narrative, in a couple weeks people won’t be criticizing our schedule. It was front loaded and we ran through it, now it gets tougher, so what do we do now?

Reactions: Zues1 and strongj81
Jesus mate stop getting so upset over nothing, they're just showing how the backend of our schedule is a whole lot tougher than the frontend.

Wasn't upset, just stating an obvious fact. Don't take it as if I am ready to hurt someone. Just want our VOLS to be respected for what they have accomplished. Nothing more than that. Don't be so quick to label someone as being upset. One comment does not make me upset, mate!

Wasn't upset, just stating an obvious fact. Don't take it as if I am ready to hurt someone. Just want our VOLS to be respected for what they have accomplished. Nothing more than that. Don't be so quick to label someone as being upset. One comment does not make me upset, mate!

About 8 hours from now we will know.

Reactions: Zues1
It's not our fault that GA Tech, Wake, and Memphis have all decided to suck this year, the SEC backloaded our schedule, and Louisville and Kansas are a notch below where they have been the past few years....

The only issue was maybe a couple of our "buy- games" could have been against less awful low major teams...

We beat Gonzaga! At that time the number 1 team at that time. So we've played Louisville I think who have Duke all they could handle.

UT is getting plenty of respect...they are ranked #1 by the coaches and the press. To get people to shut up you have to win tough games. Win tonight and the disrespect you speak of will disappear.

Yeah man, you don't seem upset. :) I kid , I kid.

We're #1....how are we not getting any credit again?

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Little did anyone know West Virginia would have a bad yr. Preseason it was a potential top 10 matchup. Add to it Kansas, Gonzaga, Louisville, Wake, Ga Tech you have a pretty tough noncon schedule. I don’t think Tennessee has any control over the SEC schedule layout.

All I can say is no one has beaten the Vols by 30, they have not been down to anyone by 23 and had to make a comeback and they have not lost games on their home court. Who else can say the same? These blue blood basketball schools are treated like boxers, they get knocked out cold then win a couple of easy matches and they are billed as a top contender again. Thats college basketball in the day on massive media.

Last edited:

Who ranked us the #1 team in the nation? "They" did? And no, we have not played any elite teams since Gonzaga. That all changes beginning tonight. It is what it is. And yes, "they" are correct.

So they are blaming us for not having a strong schedule. We are only playing SEC teams now and we did not know how good or bad they would be at this point. When are they going to give us credit for having a good team? .

Who is this mysterious "they" you're referring to?

If you schedule Louisville, Kansas, Gonzaga in your preseason schedule you’ve done pretty damn good.

Well we are ranked #1 so I’m not quite sure who isn’t giving us credit.

Unless you are complaining about ESPN to which I say “who cares?”

Well we are ranked #1 so I’m not quite sure who isn’t giving us credit.

Unless you are complaining about ESPN to which I say “who cares?”

UT is getting full credit, that is the reason media analysts who pick UK to win are using. I mean seriously, who could come up with a logical reason to pick UK in this game. Thats the best they could come up with I guess. I am not saying they won't win just hard to find a reason to pick them.

Not Blaming more like penalizing us for something that happen that was unknown when the schedule put together....

Edit: Ole Miss could get over the hump last year. LSU continued to live near the bottom Miss State well is Miss State and Auburn has had it's ups and downs. KY is KY and the fans make them into world beaters.

SEC basketball predictions: Every team ranked for 2018-2019 season | NCAA.com

Sec Predictions we were 2nd Auburn 3rd Miss St 4.

Last edited:
Damnation, there’s misery even when ranked #1. Only in Knoxville. BVS is real.

VN Store

Back