3 wins gets us to a Bowl game.

Being rewarded for losing is embarrassing.

Case closed.
I agree-- but also to play devil's advocate (to an extent), they keep "rewarding" teams for mediocrity each time they add another ridiculous bowl game. There's so many now that it takes the luster off of a really good to exceptional season. I know that's not exactly what you were referring to, but that's what it made me think of.

I agree-- but also to play devil's advocate (to an extent), they keep "rewarding" teams for mediocrity each time they add another ridiculous bowl game. There's so many now that it takes the luster off of a really good to exceptional season. I know that's not exactly what you were referring to, but that's what it made me think of.
Getting to a bowl game with 3 wins would probably get Pruitt another extension.

A bowl game is absolutely important because of the extra practice time...we lost Spring training to the virus. That extra Spring practice time is part of the reason that the whole team has not played well.
This

We've been off more weeks since the season started with the open date or covid than any team in the SEC. Those extra practices still got our a$$e$ ripped.

Reactions: 08Vol

You really want to go this again? Another coaching search with 3 wasted years and destroying this program again? Based on a fluke year and circumstances beyond Pruitts control? Really? You honestly believe that is the answer?

What do you really lose by giving Pruitt a pass this year and setting reasonable expectations next year, a year without Covid that has his QBs and his players in place. If he can’t show progress by the end of next year then move on.

We need to keep the Vandy game on the schedule I believe if we can pull one out over a struggling Vandy team we will get a good Bowl invite.
It is the equivalent to a participation trophy and the way it looks, the extra practices wouldn't help at all.

I mean he’s going to be our starter, Pruitt will be our coach and satan should be by around 7pm to shove the pineapple up Vol fan’s @$$es.
I'm really not sure which part sounds worse. After the first two, the third one seems kind of soothing though.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Same pineapple for everyone. Bright side is we’re losing some fans.
By the defense of this coach leveled by some of our fans, we could stand to lose a few. One thing I've never understood about the staunch coach-defenders...they never follow their hero when they inevitably leave. They just hang around and defend the next clown the administration dresses up in Pantone 151.

VN Store

Back