3 TDs called back

therealitytheory

I'm sure we weren't alone - a room full of people rejoice and high-five a touchdown only to have the moment dashed by those two dreaded words - "official review". Or the yellow box appears at the bottom-right of the screen revealing a flag. 3 times the refs signaled TD, 3 times they yanked it back.

Who amongst us was not holding back a little when Calloway battled and came down with that end zone catch? That actually (finally) put six on the board?

I'm sure we weren't alone - a room full of people rejoice and high-five a touchdown only to have the moment dashed by those two dreaded words - "official review". Or the yellow box appears at the bottom-right of the screen revealing a flag. 3 times the refs signaled TD, 3 times they yanked it back.

Who amongst us was not holding back a little when Calloway battled and came down with that end zone catch? That actually (finally) put six on the board?
Yes I now wait 25 secs after a TD before I celebrate! BVS is real!

SEC commissioner Skankey needs to control his brothel of zebras. The Warrior TD looked inconclusive from the 2 views we saw. Got to go with what is on the field in that case. Add that to the fumble saved by the "play whistled dead" it was annoying to say the least. Getting tired of Skankey's brothel of zebras deciding games.

SEC commissioner Skankey needs to control his brothel of zebras. The Warrior TD looked inconclusive from the 2 views we saw. Got to go with what is on the field in that case. Add that to the fumble saved by the "play whistled dead" it was annoying to say the least. Getting tired of Skankey's brothel of zebras deciding games.
I hate it but he was clearly out. No doubt about it.

It was so bad that every time we did something positive I was looking for a flag of some sort. KY rips the helmet off of our player and no flag. We need to take the Zebras out back before the game and give the an attitude adjustment. This crap is pissing me off. GO VOLS

Don't insult hookers by comparing them to SEC officials.
At least the gals perform a useful service and hardly ever get booed by 100,000 rabid fans for a bad call.

When a black cleat is divided by the white sideline that would indicate the foot is on the line. As far as the whistle blowing the fumble dead...the guys forward progress was stopped and he was being pushed parallel to the line of scrimmage if not back a little and the whistle was blown. That’s the correct call. As much as I want the result to go our way people need to take off their tinted glasses and be real with themselves. Those same people would be going ape sh!t if the roles were reversed and the play was called the way they are wanting now.

I don’t know how you can say that. It was not clear from the camera angles
Yes it was. Even Warrior admitted you stepping out of bounds in his interview after the game, said he needs to “buy some new feet”.

Reactions: TrueOrange
I'm with the OP on this. I can't even enjoy our games in the moment anymore, every time we score we have to sweat out a replay as well. Some say you get to celebrate twice, although with us it's more often we celebrate only to have it ripped away. I've been fooled so many times I save my TD celebrations for the extra points.

Agreed. Maybe they got different looks than what we saw. It appeared that it was borderline either way.
The issue is like the South Carolina game, we may have stopped a touchdown or two but you couldn’t overturn the call. On TV I didn’t see anything that would clearly negate warriors pick 6. It’s got to be clear. The fumble whistle was complete bs and I thought they were quick to stop and spot Kentucky forward all night.

It was so bad that every time we did something positive I was looking for a flag of some sort. KY rips the helmet off of our player and no flag. We need to take the Zebras out back before the game and give the an attitude adjustment. This crap is pissing me off. GO VOLS

Yes helmet jerked off could be as much damage to neck /ears or even hair as a face mask. If you've played football and you know how to adjust your head and comfortably remove tight fitting helmet it seems simple but to have someone to jerk it off without notice should be a penalty.
I don't get it.
As wussified as it has became and this is allowed.o_O

When a black cleat is divided by the white sideline that would indicate the foot is on the line. As far as the whistle blowing the fumble dead...the guys forward progress was stopped and he was being pushed parallel to the line of scrimmage if not back a little and the whistle was blown. That’s the correct call. As much as I want the result to go our way people need to take off their tinted glasses and be real with themselves. Those same people would be going ape sh!t if the roles were reversed and the play was called the way they are wanting now.
The forward progress play when we pushed the pile at bama is a good example. Had a few last night too. I know it’s our opinions but I felt the progress on the fumble no call was very quick. They let our receivers and backs get stuck up a good few seconds all night before blowing it dead I thought.

Reactions: savannahfan

I’m with you on the Warrior call. I knew it was coming back but felt strongly, from what we saw, it should be one that stood as called. Would have felt the same way had he been called out of bounds too.

Reactions: savannahfan

I understand what you are saying about forward or just progress, but you see plays all the time where a runner/ball carrier gets in a scrum and goes sideways or backwards and here come players from both teams joining the fray,,,, no whistle stopping play till everyone gets down or tired. Now in the case of the play in question, who's to say a scrum wouldn't break out or the ball carrier just break away as happens many times when the play is no stopped on contact? Too much quick judgment calling (seems to always favor the home team in most cases). There needs to be more consistency, but will never happen.

When opinions are involved that to is inconclusive. The play stands as called.

Reactions: SDV
I can solve this very easily.... Give up the old school and get back to those "BLINGY" white cleats. Problem gone!

Reactions: illvol
Yes helmet jerked off could be as much damage to neck /ears or even hair as a face mask. If you've played football and you know how to adjust your head and comfortably remove tight fitting helmet it seems simple but to have someone to jerk it off without notice should be a penalty.
I don't get it.
As wussified as it has became and this is allowed.o_O

defenders fingers locked in face mask to rip helmet off! Were refs all on break? Unbelievable!

Reactions: GoVols64

VN Store

Back