3 players transferring from SC

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2260653007/Diag_M4_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Raoul[/B]‏ @[B]Raoul_000[/B]
FollowingFollowing @Raoul_000
More
South Carolina WBB signed 14 players in the 2014 through 2017 recruiting classes; 9 transferred out. Attrition rate = 64%.

Look at this seem Dawn can rub some players the wrong way that is a huge attrition rate.

Might be she is too much "old school" for some of this day and times kids. Don't you think it takes just a little more"tough" and "team" than most of these kids this day and time imagine? I think it's her way or the highway. Dawn strikes me as the" webster definition" of tough or/and no nonsense.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2260653007/Diag_M4_bigger.jpg[/IMG][B]Raoul[/B]‏ @[B]Raoul_000[/B]
FollowingFollowing @Raoul_000
More
South Carolina WBB signed 14 players in the 2014 through 2017 recruiting classes; 9 transferred out. Attrition rate = 64%.

Look at this seem Dawn can rub some players the wrong way that is a huge attrition rate.
This is about playing time in almost every case. Harrigan is a Florida girl and her boyfriend is a DB at Florida St. That's a surprise with Harrigan (she spends a lot of off time at FSU) but the others are "playing time issues". That included No. 7 recruit White who transferred to Texas...Aja started in front of her. The transfer "in's" are the main reason. That makes others see their playing time lessened.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCspur
Whether you believe it or not, there are some of us on this site that are always VOls first; but SEC second and what happens to one of us happens to reflect on all of us in one way or the other. Believe it or not, the success or failure of the SEC is reflected in every member school. We are thought to be "the football conference" we seem to get the lion's share of the best players. There was a time we weren't considered much of a basketball conference, this has changed, we know seem to get, at least, our share of good players. So it goes with most sports. Being pro SEC matters.

Well, you go ahead and be pro SEC. And I won't. While we may know the SEC is one of, if not the best conference in the nation, there are thirteen other schools I don't cheer on. Perhaps a few Tennessee fans during their lean years (Uh,like the past decade) revert to cheering on other SEC teams thinking other school's success somehow translates in "us looking better", but it doesn't to me. I thinks that just makes us more accepting of mediocrity. And that kind of clouds the assertion we are always Vols first.

Personally, I don't think I will be all that pro SEC. Unless we are hearing the other conferences try to state their national dominance, because it is BS. And if I am not cheering on those other 13 schools, I really doubt they will care. Well, maybe except both of Vanderbilt's fans and the staff of the Tennessean, who thinks we actually care about them. Not gonna happen here.

This is about playing time in almost every case. Harrigan is a Florida girl and her boyfriend is a DB at Florida St. That's a surprise with Harrigan (she spends a lot of off time at FSU) but the others are "playing time issues". That included No. 7 recruit White who transferred to Texas...Aja started in front of her. The transfer "in's" are the main reason. That makes others see their playing time lessened.
The NCAA is gonna have to do something about over recruiting by limiting he scholarships at schools to 12 per team. Some programs like to load up to fifteen and then let five or so transfer when they recruit more players. 64 turnover rate is disgusting and SC is not the only one that is doing this.

Well, you go ahead and be pro SEC. And I won't. While we may know the SEC is one of, if not the best conference in the nation, there are thirteen other schools I don't cheer on. Perhaps a few Tennessee fans during their lean years (Uh,like the past decade) revert to cheering on other SEC teams thinking other school's success somehow translates in "us looking better", but it doesn't to me. I thinks that just makes us more accepting of mediocrity. And that kind of clouds the assertion we are always Vols first.

Personally, I don't think I will be all that pro SEC. Unless we are hearing the other conferences try to state their national dominance, because it is BS. And if I am not cheering on those other 13 schools, I really doubt they will care. Well, maybe except both of Vanderbilt's fans and the staff of the Tennessean, who thinks we actually care about them. Not gonna happen here.

As for the "last 10 years --- my Tennessee and SEC fanship goes back to the very early 50's. I can remember when we were "looked down on" in every respect to all mighty "Big 10" and ignored by the SWC and just held in disdain by the ACC, as far as the "far west", they were a different world (and still are) and paid no attention to any one else.
So yes, it does my heart good to see the VOLS and the rest of the SEC enjoy our vaulted position in college sports.

Reactions: T_Vol376
The NCAA is gonna have to do something about over recruiting by limiting he scholarships at schools to 12 per team. Some programs like to load up to fifteen and then let five or so transfer when they recruit more players. 64 turnover rate is disgusting and SC is not the only one that is doing this.

The media talk about parity and never talk about limiting scholarships to 12, like MCBB. You can't stock pile players and thus the talent is distributed more. We are seeing a little more distribution but it's coming via transfers, once a top 50 kid doesn't get playing time. But, often they have wasted 1 or 2 years where they could be developing or helping out maybe a border line top 25 team or mid level P5 be better.

Luna? Is that you?

LunaLovegood_WB_F5_LunaLovegoodPromoCloseUp_Promo_080615_Port.jpg

When you say that, smile.

Can-O-Worms. Those scholarships will have to be made up for by other Women's sports to satisfy Title IX requirements.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
If players want to transfer out...they should be able to. The school has no obligation to pay for anything when they leave. The transfers that Dawn took in gave her a national championship. The players that transferred out...well...none have a championship that I know of. This is a free country and it's no different than a normal student transferring. Kids do things for many reasons..homesick...playing time...coaching changes....social limits...you know...all of the other same things that effected you at that age. It's life...and their life at that...get over it.

Reactions: Bighairlol
If players want to transfer out...they should be able to. The school has no obligation to pay for anything when they leave. The transfers that Dawn took in gave her a national championship. The players that transferred out...well...none have a championship that I know of. This is a free country and it's no different than a normal student transferring. Kids do things for many reasons..homesick...playing time...coaching changes....social limits...you know...all of the other same things that effected you at that age. It's life...and their life at that...get over it.
I totally agree that they should I just hope someday we'll get a scholarship reduction so teams can't load up players because 15 will never play. 12 is a good total and even if you have three transfers it doesn't make your percentage look so bad. 64 percent looks really terrible.

Why is Tea leaving any info.

Can-O-Worms. Those scholarships will have to be made up for by other Women's sports to satisfy Title IX requirements.
Yes I know and that is why it will always be fifteen but it has created a problem with some schools over recruiting. It is on the players to if you pick a school that has a full roster you might not play if your willing to go anyway and sit out a year for doing so guess it will all work out in the end. I would be embarrassed to have a 64 percent transfer rate however and hope Tennessee never get anywhere near that.

Reactions: BUBear
I wonder where Cooper is going this time. She want be coming back to Tennessee. Holly didn't let her go was some sort of board decision. I figure next stop could be close to home Ga. Tech or Georgia who knows sitting out another year she want have many left already had a redshirt season.

Something may be rotten at SC? Players not getting time transferring makes since like the Williams & Jackson, but Herrigan and Cooper were guaranteed starters next year and were getting a lot of PT this past year. They were suppose to be the senior leadership of the team in 2019-20 and they are bailing.

When I see this at SC I always think that Dawn has some players Grad Transfers etc already lined up to come in. Stay tuned.

Whether she has been looking for grad transfers still doesn't explain the oddity of 2 guaranteed starters in Herrigan and Cooper leaving. Both only have 1 year of eligibility remaining

At face value it should be a manageable can of worms. Women basketball players are actually over represented in the scholarship allocations in comparison to women competing in track or soccer.

Scholarship allocations are made by the NCCA and do not directly flow from Title IX mandates, but reflect revenue generation considerations. This report explains it all pretty well:

Scholarship allocations_NCAAA and Title IX

Quote from the piece:

For every 100,000 high school volleyball players, the NCAA allows colleges to offer fewer than three scholarships, while the comparable figure for women's crew is more than 900. The full list is in the chart below.
No rhyme or reason
The allocation of women's scholarships bears little relation to the popularity
of various sports.
Sport
(maximum number of women's scholarships)
High school players in 2010-2011 NCAA scholarships per 100,000 Softball (12) 373,535 3.2 Basketball (15) 438,933 3.4 Bowling (5) 25,753 19.4 Equestrian (15) 1,585 946.4 Fencing (5) 1,801 277.6 Field hockey (12) 61,996 19.4 Golf (6) 71,764 8.4 Gymnastics (12) 19,719 60.9 Ice hockey (18) 9,022 199.5 Lacrosse (12) 74,927 16.0 Rowing (20) 2,144 932.8 Rugby (12) n/a n/a Sand volleyball (3) n/a n/a Skiing (7) 9,510 73.6 Soccer (14) 361,556 3.9 Swimming and diving (14) 160,881 8.7 Tennis (8) 182,074 4.4 Track and field/cross-country (18) 679,918 2.4 Volleyball (12) 409,332 2.9 Water polo (8) 39,360 20.3
Source: National Federation of State High School Associations, 2010-11 High School Athletics Participation Survey.

Here again, the NCAA protects the highest-revenue sport: Women's basketball teams can stock a full roster with scholarship athletes. But overall, these ratios make little sense. Why must a university offer fewer scholarships to softball players than equestrians? Why can't it give more to soccer players than swimmers?

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear and CED23
Maybe Cooper is transferring to be closer to her NBA fiancé. Just a thought. With her year sitting out she should be a grad transfer.

VN Store

Back