(3/9/2020) Brandon Davis suffers non-life threatening gun shot wound

This sounds good, but-what do you do with the married players, and/or those that are not married, but have a child? BTW the idea that all our players are 18-22 sounds good, but many are older than that. The power of the program is to kick trouble makers off the team, or put them on a special mental rehab program and/or both.

If the athletic dept wanted players to have a wife, they'd have issued them one. Simple old Army logic solves lots of these problems.

Edit: I really hope this didn't need blue ink.

If the athletic dept wanted players to have a wife, they'd have issued them one. Simple old Army logic solves lots of these problems.

why would they?

If he fired the shot, there should be residue on his hand. If it was fired from close range, powder burns on the pants just might tell you if the gun was fired within arm's length. If it was fired from 10 ft away (just a round number) and nothing on the hands, it probably wasn't self inflicted - don't think we've got players with that kind of wingspan and I'm not aware of gun selfie sticks ... but you never know about the latter.

If he fired the shot, there should be residue on his hand. If it was fired from close range, powder burns on the pants just might tell you if the gun was fired within arm's length. If it was fired from 10 ft away (just a round number) and nothing on the hands, it probably wasn't self inflicted - don't think we've got players with that kind of wingspan and I'm not aware of gun selfie sticks ... but you never know about the latter.
but no one was going to be charged, hell KPD didnt even want to go to the call, they have their own issues these days

What about their kids (kids having kids-remember these guys aren't grown men, just children according to many posters)? It would have to be an NCAA rule, otherwise, it may hurt our recruiting....

It only takes one “other than VOLS fan” who witnessed the events to go all out against our players or fans. Our student athletes and fans need to understand doing something criminal or something that reflects negatively on the UT is like a fumble in a big game. I remember when players ran to the top of Neyland and back for conduct unbecoming a VOL.
I'd hope, Vol fan, or not a Vol fan, if a citizen witnessed a shooting, he/she would be forthcoming with the police, a shooting, in a bar, where someone was shot, albeit in the leg, shouldn't be swept under the rug. I wonder how many people have lost a family member from a "stray" bullet (one fired by some thug), no one comes forward-the family never receives justice, it is just as wrong and needs just as much intention(to catch the thug) from the police, if a football play is involved or if a street thug is involved. In no universe does TN need more bar-room shootings.

Last edited:
When they broke up Gibbs Hall and "allowed" students to live where they wanted to, all ability to control student athletes was lost. This isn't the coach staff's issue anymore. Tell the NCAA to back off and put the SA's BACK IN GIBBS HALL and institute bed checks. Establish reasonable curfews based on age and do f'ing bed checks.
That will have the recruits lined up around the corner.

Then what is your solution?
I realize you were responding to benholt06, but the solution (in todays world) has to be a determination of the HC and the entire AD to run a clean program-you get involved in bar-room shootings, while you're underage-you're gone, along with other criminal activity-you're gone. How many players have we had over the years, those that gave 100% for UT, that were never involved in criminal activity? Answer: the vast majority. The idea that we need to recruit thugs in order to have a viable program is idiotic. Many parents/coaches of young men would rather the player went to a clean program, conversely, if a program gets the reputation as being "Thug Friendly", you'll get all you want. This all rests on the AD and HC, no exceptions, it doesn't take long before the entire nation realizes your program doesn't coddle criminals. I must add, once players can get unlimited $$$$$ for the use of their likeness, all bets will be off-NCAA ball that we knew will be over.

Reactions: vettefool
A 20 year old young man got shot in the leg.... And yall got jokes. I don't get it. Regardless of the circumstances.
Everything is okay to joke about or nothing is. No one gets to be the great decider for everyone else.

VN Store

Back