Vandy ranked #1

Of course their stadium sucks. They don't even care about football, which makes this current 2-4 stretch over the last 6 years so embarrassing. In 3 of the 4 losses they have scored 40+ points, and 2 of the 4 losses haven't even been competitive. They are a much smaller program with much fewer resources and aren't even really trying, yet they are still beating us.

Of course their stadium sucks. They don't even care about football, which makes this current 2-4 stretch over the last 6 years so embarrassing. In 3 of the 4 losses they have scored 40+ points, and 2 of the 4 losses haven't even been competitive. They are a much smaller program with much fewer resources and aren't even really trying, yet they are still beating us.
Sad but true.

Dang, I was already feeling down, but now I feel even worse

This is an attempt by Vanderbilt Boosters to put the pressure on VU to upgrade the stadium and facilities.. When they get their new AD and new Head Coach, they want to have a commitment from VU for major stadium renovations. Hopefully they can fix it where you can see the entire playing field from the bleachers.. The field is too low from the bleachers.

SevereSadInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif

Dang, I was already feeling down, but now I feel even worse
One thing I've found when I go back and look at stats and past results is that we all know it's bad, but it is really hard to overstate how bad the program has been since 2008. The "only" thing we haven't done over this stretch is lose to an FCS team, which has happened to other big programs in seasons where they've struggled.

Positivity: I also suppose we could have a much worse record against Kentucky since 2008 than we've actually had. This is the worst 10-11 year stretch in the history of the program, but we're 9-2 against Kentucky during it. Some of the Kentucky teams we have beaten, like this year and 2009, have been good teams by their standards with expectations of winning that game but left disappointed. They got Dooley once, and beat the worst team in school history last year, but that's it. We really could (perhaps should) have a worse record against them.

25 worst stadiums came up on my Twitter. I had to see where Vandy ranked but I didn’t expect #1. Top 10, yes. Liberty Bowl was on there also.

It's completely natural to Google words than end with "umps" so I ain't judging.....

Any Top 25 Worst Stadium list that doesn't include Legion Field, however, is a bit off.....

Reactions: vols40 and Jax_Vol
Rentschler Field (however the hell you spell it), UCONN's off campus stadium is way worse. Would love to pile on the Vandy hate here but it's hard for me to believe they are dead last.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
West End High....on the positive side, I’ve been able to get decent seats/tix at value pricing and get in and out of town, to include parking, fairly well. On the negative side, concessions and bathrooms are baaaaaad. Bathrooms remind me of my Junior High locker room that was built during the civil war. The foghorn is pretty lame. The Vandy fans leave at the first sign of a loss.

VN Store

Back