247Sports predicts final record for all 14 SEC teams in 2021

A 6-6 record against this schedule would prove very little in a positive way. The only good thing you could say about it is that it wouldn't be a losing record.

The "right" coach when UT finds him will get more out of a team than the sum of its roster talent. The last 3 have gotten LESS than the sum of their rosters' talent. That may or may not be Heupel. But a 6-6 season at best would be neutral.... incomplete. At worst... it will foreshadow another coaching change in 3-4 years.
6-6 would to me, prove that Heup is better than Butch and Pruitt.

Year one taking care of the teams you should beat is a great first step.

Now losing to Kentucky again would be a tough pill to swallow again.

Good thing one of our QB's is going to be really good and we will resume our dominance of them 😀

Good thing one of our QB's is going to be really good and we will resume our dominance of them 😀

Why?

6-6 is most likely 2-6 in the SEC. How does that prove anything except that Heupel can beat two first-time head coaches in their first year at their respective programs.

Not this year. Florida’s defense will be vastly improved and Mullen will work magic with Emory Jones. I think Florida will win 9-10 regular season games and will compete with everyone they play, including Bama. Bama/Georgia/LSU are their possible losses. No issues with anyone else on the schedule.

Georgia and Kentucky are overrated in this prediction link. 9-3 for Kentucky. Why? And people keep writing Georgia in, why? Clemson and Florida can beat Georgia and of course Kirby will drop another one somewhere along the way.

I think 6-6 for UT would be a good year.
Kentucky is always overrated and underperforms. Guess you could say the same about UT in recent years 🥴 but cautiously optimistic that changes this year.

That bar is just too low. Being better than the last 3 guys leaves a whole lot of room to be a complete failure. None of them really came very close to being the guy UT needed. You might be able to argue that Dooley got about what could be gotten out of his first roster. I don't think anyone has since.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Not this year. Florida’s defense will be vastly improved and Mullen will work magic with Emory Jones. I think Florida will win 9-10 regular season games and will compete with everyone they play, including Bama. Bama/Georgia/LSU are their possible losses. No issues with anyone else on the schedule.

Georgia and Kentucky are overrated in this prediction link. 9-3 for Kentucky. Why? And people keep writing Georgia in, why? Clemson and Florida can beat Georgia and of course Kirby will drop another one somewhere along the way.

1623888729593.jpeg

Reactions: Bret178
A 6-6 record against this schedule would prove very little in a positive way. The only good thing you could say about it is that it wouldn't be a losing record.

The "right" coach when UT finds him will get more out of a team than the sum of its roster talent. The last 3 have gotten LESS than the sum of their rosters' talent. That may or may not be Heupel. But a 6-6 season at best would be neutral.... incomplete. At worst... it will foreshadow another coaching change in 3-4 years.
I thought you have an expected range between 6-6 and 9-3. If so, wouldn't 6-6 be within the acceptable range?

I may have you confused with another poster, though.

Oh I'm not, but just saying they have a shot at the Tigers in Lex.
Maybe, and maybe I just have my orange tinted glasses on but I won’t take KY seriously (even though they beat us like a rented mule last yr) until they can beat us consistently. I think Stoops is a good coach but I think LSU just has too many horses and takes this one.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
UF loss everything that allowed them to compete with Bama last year.
Yeah UF's defense lost alot from a defense that wasnt that good already. They also have to replace Trask with a less gifted thrower, plus Pitts, Joka, & Grimes. This might be our best shot at Fla.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I thought you have an expected range between 6-6 and 9-3. If so, wouldn't 6-6 be within the acceptable range?

I may have you confused with another poster, though.
Two different things. I believe this to be a 6-8 win roster. More would be great. Less would be complete failure IMO. That's my opinion of the roster.

But in respect to judging the coaching performance.... I think six wins would at best leave us "incomplete" with regard to Heupel. It wouldn't necessarily be a sign to give up depending on how competitive they are. OTOH, it would in no way yell "this is the right guy". He would need to make significant progress to show he's the guy over the next two years.

If he doesn't... then recruiting will fall off even if it hasn't improved over now. Once recruiting falls off... you only hurt yourself by keeping a guy around.

Maybe most important concerning this fall is that six wins won't really excite recruits. Maybe six wins with some really competitive losses vs Bama/UGA/UF... Seven wins and especially with a bowl win to make 8 might be good to sell. Eight regular season wins IMO would give them a really strong case to make with recruits.

In the end I think we all agree you need great talent and great coaching to get results. I may differ from some in believing that you MUST show that you can coach at a high level before recruits will sign on to play for you.

Two different things. I believe this to be a 6-8 win roster. More would be great. Less would be complete failure IMO. That's my opinion of the roster.

But in respect to judging the coaching performance.... I think six wins would at best leave us "incomplete" with regard to Heupel. It wouldn't necessarily be a sign to give up depending on how competitive they are. OTOH, it would in no way yell "this is the right guy". He would need to make significant progress to show he's the guy over the next two years.

If he doesn't... then recruiting will fall off even if it hasn't improved over now. Once recruiting falls off... you only hurt yourself by keeping a guy around.

Maybe most important concerning this fall is that six wins won't really excite recruits. Maybe six wins with some really competitive losses vs Bama/UGA/UF... Seven wins and especially with a bowl win to make 8 might be good to sell. Eight regular season wins IMO would give them a really strong case to make with recruits.

In the end I think we all agree you need great talent and great coaching to get results. I may differ from some in believing that you MUST show that you can coach at a high level before recruits will sign on to play for you.
That helps me better understand.

Would it be accurate to paraphrase your position this way: Acceptable range is 6-8. 6 is a "push" and 8 is a win to recruits and fans for 2021.

Reactions: sjt18

Explain why UGA and UK are overrated.

VN Store

Back