247 Talent Composite-TN-#19; USC jr-#20

So, Jackson Hannah (a walk-on) is our second highest rated LB. Like I said, Sun Belt talent on the back 7.

View attachment 516603
I’d be more empathetic if we weren’t in an era where kids can easily be poached via the portal and lured from elsewhere with our deep NIL pockets. In the era we’re in, you can mostly blame it on Pruitt, but there’s now means to address depth deficiency before it becomes what we saw this weekend.

I’d be more empathetic if we weren’t in an era where kids can easily be poached via the portal and lured from elsewhere with our deep NIL pockets. In the era we’re in, you can mostly blame it on Pruitt, but there’s now means to address depth deficiency before it becomes what we saw this weekend.
Gotta blame him for Tillman Hyatt banks hooker wright, carvin, Fant, mays, Omari, and others. I get what you’re saying, but many-most of the starters and most of the production were brought to UT by him. It’s thanksgiving week. Let’s all try some gratitude.. /s sort of. Mostly

I agree to an extent. But, they weren't able to get high level transfers this past season. Need to dole out more NIL. Especially hurt that we couldn't get Jared Verse. Maybe we can land 2 to 3 impact defensive transfers. I like their 2023 Commits at DEs/ OLBs and DBs, but they will mostly be too young to help next year.

Gotta blame him for Tillman Hyatt banks hooker wright, carvin, Fant, mays, Omari, and others. I get what you’re saying, but many-most of the starters and most of the production were brought to UT by him. It’s thanksgiving week. Let’s all try some gratitude.. /s sort of. Mostly
Show me where I complained about the offense or the dline.

Show me where I complained about the offense or the dline.
Seems like you were complaining about overall talent. And in which case even if they are terrible the back 7 are mostly his recruits. If he hadn’t had brought them, you may be playing CB. But again, I was joking. But it’s not like current staff has brought in players to replace back 7 yet.

I agree to an extent. But, they weren't able to get high level transfers this past season. Need to dole out more NIL. Especially hurt that we couldn't get Jared Verse. Maybe we can land 2 to 3 impact defensive transfers. I like their 2023 Commits at DEs/ OLBs and DBs, but they will mostly be too young to help next year.
Yeah-there’s more guys at db/lb you can snag that would be serviceable in the near term at the G5 schools. More guys that size with skills at those schools because of the simple fact that biology limits the number of skilled big bodies you see dominating SEC trenches. Should be able to fill some spots while the guys they recruited mature. I do think they’ve been very smart in how they’ve targeted this class coming in.

Most likely because of the threat of NCAA punishment hanging over the program. Shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Not much of a talent disparity. They have good players. This isn't Vandy. Just haven't played very well all year till UT. Our defensive back 7 talent is way overrated on the 247 Talent Composite also.

2022 College Football Team Talent Composite

Your point is valid... BUT there is no conceivable reason for the #5 team in the country to take a violent beating like that.

That wasn't a football game, it was a snuff film.

Although, the talent composite STILL shows what an amazing job CJH has done with what he has.

What REALLY stands out is how Texas A&M could be so bad, how is it even possible with that talent level?

1.png

Your point is valid... BUT there is no conceivable reason for the #5 team in the country to take a violent beating like that.

Although, the talent composite STILL shows what an amazing job CJH has done with what he has.

What REALLY stands out is how Texas A&M could be so bad, how is it even possible with that talent level?

View attachment 516686
Chemistry honestly is going to be an issue going forwards for a lot of places. Mullen at Florida that lockerroom just suddenly quit on him. A&M appears to be on the same track.

Reactions: DawgBite
Sometimes good teams play horrible games and average at best squads play out of their minds. Recruiting rankings on paper mean nothing when two teams line up against each other.

Reactions: Raebo
Sometimes good teams play horrible games and average at best squads play out of their minds. Recruiting rankings on paper mean nothing when two teams line up against each other.
Yes, but notice that #1, #2, #3, and #5 in the 247 Talent Composite have won the last 10 National Championships. Having talent doesn't guarantee a championship, but not having it guarantees that you can't win it. There are no more 1984 BYU's or 1990 Georgia Tech's winning BS National Championships without having to play anyone. In the 4 and 12 team playoff eras, only the most talented teams will have a chance to win the NC. Heupel's offensive system is an equalizer that can take average talent and lead the nation in scoring. But, you need at least a top 20 defense to win a NC.

View attachment 516686
Did you watch the game?

UT played poorly. USCe played out of their minds. And... Rattler had a clean pocket all night primarily due to a LOT of missed/ignored holds.

So kind of a combination of all the worst for UT.

Observing the disparity in talent, UT has been playing way over their head this year. While ranked #1 & #5, they were never that level of team.
Nor are they the pile of shite we saw Saturday.

Look at that, UK has 25 4* to our 24, but zero 5* to our 2. Bama & GA have more than twice as many 4* (59 and 52), and 14 and 15 5*. LSU and FL have 33 and 39 4* and five 5*. There's not a dime's difference in talent between TN, UK, SC, Ole Miss, MSU, and AR. It's a minor miracle we aren't sitting at .500.

Last edited:

View attachment 516686
I think A&M is learning what happens when you pay someone massively, without escape clauses, for an undelivered service or product. Jimbo’s incentive to excel died with 125+ million dollars guaranteed for 5 years work.

Reactions: DawgBite

VN Store

Back