247 reporting Kevin Steele has agreed to join Pruitt's staff

If Pruitt didn’t make this hire, he’s toast. If it wasn’t an incredibly toxic work environment before, it will be now. No competent coach in their right mind will ever have interest in coaching at UT due to these types of shenanigans.

Kevin Steele will be the next coach at UT, IF Pruitt is fired and IF Fulmer is still AD. He was a finalist during the last search, has ties with Fulmer, is a VFL and Fulmer can still have his paws on the program that in his mind was wrongfully taken from him. In other words nothing more than the same old VOLS.

A year or two of 5-5 then 7-5 if were lucky 8-4, maybe a small Bowl after the first year or two. We get a few recruiting classes in the top 15 that keep us interested with hopes of brighter days, the money keeps coming in and they all think they have saved the day. I suppose as fans we should just accept it and move on because the powers that be will never change until the money side of it makes them do so.

Reactions: VOLanooga
So, 3 coaches who are considered DC's: Pruitt, Steele, and Ansley. This should work out just fine. Ansley can't catch a break. He had Pruitt with his hands all over everything and now he's got to look over his shoulder for Steele.

I'm certainly not suggesting that. Again, I'm on board with CJP getting a fourth year. Gitmo leaving for Washington state has energized me.
that seems weird to me. You say you support the coach but then say it’s mainly because JG is no longer on the roster. It shouldn’t take him transferring for us not to have to worry about a competent coach starting him over and over again even though he’s obviously losing games.

Steele is a snake in the grass. He got buddy buddy with the money people at Auburn. The deal was for the money guys to buy out Gus and then hire Steele as his replacement. The AD at Auburn put together a coaching search committee killing the possible take over by Steele.

So it sounds to me like we are stocking up on interim head coaches. Maybe Brady Hoke will come on as an analyst.

Steele is a snake in the grass. He got buddy buddy with the money people at Auburn. The deal was for the money guys to buy out Gus and then hire Steele as his replacement. The AD at Auburn put together a coaching search committee killing the possible take over by Steele.
The AD at Auburn has never conducted a coaching search, he is told who is going to be the next coach by Bobby Lowder

The AD at Auburn has never conducted a coaching search, he is told who is going to be the next coach by Bobby Lowder
No not true. Loader is not in the picture any longer. Google for yourself and dig into what really happened on the Plains. Al.com did a great story on the inside happenings.

VN Store

Back