247 podcast talks of JG transfer

He has already used a red shirt and has already graduated. He can transfer anytime and be eligible next season

Yea, I was thinking he could not play another game to do so I guess I thought he was a senior.....I guess I was hoping.

Was mentioned on the podcast that JG May transfer if they move on to the freshman. I wouldn’t be surprised if JG was named the starter next week and bring in the other guys. At minimum, you don’t want JG transferring NOW and shutting it down taking a redshirt year and leaving the team. The other fallout is if one of the freshmen ball out with a stronghold, the other QB will transfer as well.

Keep JG involved, I can see him transferring after the season which is a much better situation than doing it now. I’d say bringing in a 2nd QB in this class seems wise as well, just the way QBs are going/leaving right now.

How would you try to keep all 3, and all 3 pacified?

We can't keep all three, let jg go

Reactions: Rockyjr
Was mentioned on the podcast that JG May transfer if they move on to the freshman. I wouldn’t be surprised if JG was named the starter next week and bring in the other guys. At minimum, you don’t want JG transferring NOW and shutting it down taking a redshirt year and leaving the team. The other fallout is if one of the freshmen ball out with a stronghold, the other QB will transfer as well.

Keep JG involved, I can see him transferring after the season which is a much better situation than doing it now. I’d say bringing in a 2nd QB in this class seems wise as well, just the way QBs are going/leaving right now.

IMO he is not needed. He leaves it would probably be better for the program. I think no matter where he winds up college ball is gonna be too big for him. Take it for what it is worth he is a product of NJ football. HB isn't' a sure thing so why are we not prepping with the young guys we have now?

This sounds like a threat. Pruitt outta send his butt pack’n.

Reactions: Rockyjr and cgrish
Folks need to be careful what they wish for. This is the same crap we keep going through with coaches.... we want JG gone but we don't have anyone better to replace him. In fact from what we have actually seen the guys behind him are substantially worse. I don't know what kinda ghosts you guys saw but I have seen nothing making me want either of the other 2 guys in for anything other than garbage time.

Putting those guys in for this next 3 game stretch is insane. Because they will be ruined. Right now best case scenario for the next 3-4 games is maybe 1 win. That was true even before the season preseason Missisippi state was seen as a W and USCe was a tossup. Best case scenario even preseason UGA and Bama were big losses. Those are not teams you give your young guys their first or second starts against if you have a choice and we have one. Like it or not JG is better than terrible.

Funny story. Thus far this year JG is on pace to better his stats from last year. his rating is actually higher right now 147.2 vs 141 last year. he has already thrown 7 TDs in 4 games vs 12 total last year and 736 yards vs 1907 last year completion percentage 64.5 vs 62.2 last year. he is on pace for 2208 yards 21td's and 12 ints great numbers? no but not terrible. I would bet he actually beats those numbers if he is allowed to play out the year because JJ is quietly Beasting (on pace for almost 900 yards and 12tds) and we know what JJ does to UGA

Last edited:
Reactions: Volatility

JG needs to ride the pine. If he wants to pout and transfer......goodbye! He is not an SEC QB. The Ga State QB outplayed JG by a country mile and won the game...as they should have.

Folks need to be careful what they wish for. This is the same crap we keep going through with coaches.... we want JG gone but we don't have anyone better to replace him. In fact from what we have actually seen the guys behind him are substantially worse. I don't know what kinda ghosts you guys saw but I have seen nothing making me want either of the other 2 guys in for anything other than garbage time.
Garbage time? The whole game has been garbage time. If not for BM leading the 3rd qtr drive we would have been SHUT THE **** OUT by Florida. Let that sink in.

Hope the best for him and deuces.his throw to the te was the worst toss I have observed as a ut fan since Randy Saunders overthrew an open
Receiver in the end zone against Miss St years ago at Neyland .Saunders lost his job but stuck around because he loved UT. Guarantano loves ?

Reactions: krichunaka
Hope the best for him and deuces.his throw to the te was the worst toss I have observed as a ut fan since Randy Saunders overthrew an open
Receiver in the end zone against Miss St years ago at Neyland .Saunders lost his job but stuck around because he loved UT. Guarantano loves ?

I always thought the Crompton throw (into the stands) in the 2008 UCLA game was the worst I had ever seen until the attempted JG to TE throw.

I think Jarrett's situation is a good example of why the grad transfer rule was created. Clearly he is not going to be a star quarterback here or anywhere in the SEC. But since he took care of his academics and graduated, he can go somewhere for his last year and be immediately eligible. We'll have four scholarship QBs on the roster, so he wouldn't be leaving us in a bad spot.

That would allow him to step down a level either to a G5 or FCS School and get some lower pressure starting time for one more year. He might even end up getting his head straight there and having a future in football.

Win-win for the old school, new school, and the player.

Reactions: Volatility
I'll get me popcorn and watch. It will not make any difference to the team if he stays or leaves. He will not be the starting QB after the Bama game.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Usually agree with you, but not here. I think his fundamentals are terrible and getting worse. Look at that twitter that was shot in the end zone at Florida where he misses DWA by a mile. Never set his feet, and threw across his body.

Yeah, but it's not like JG doesn't know how to make that throw. He'll make it all day in practice. It's that he panics and doesn't get his feet in the right position on that play.

He actually has time to reset his feet, but he has no sense when the pressure is coming, so he just launches the ball before he should. Not really poor fundamentals, so much as poor instincts IMO. Put him next to a bunch of other QBs in a passing competition and he looks elite. He's only struggling with these throws in game.

Though, IMO, the much bigger issue is not that he's screwed up a throw here and there. All QBs do that. It's that the entire offense looks as if no one knows what they are doing when he's on the field. That's where I saw the biggest difference between him and Maurer; suddenly it seemed like the O-line and WRs and QB were on the same page with Maurer; even though Maurer didn't play all that well. Whereas, it seems like there's constant confusion with JG on the field.

I want to win. Don’t care to keep loser pusses happy. Have a walk on as a back up if someone doesn’t want to fight to EARN a starting spot.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Being able to make a basic pre-snap read is pretty fundamental at the SEC level though, and he can't do it.

The thing that sucks for JG is that I wonder if his growth/progression are permanently stunted because of his experience at Tennessee. We know he didn't get great coaching under the Butch regime, and since Butch left he's seen 2 more OCs. There's little doubt Chaney knows what he's doing, but remember he said he was "throwing everything" at JG this offseason. The dude just has to be totally overwhelmed by his time here; he's seen 4 different offensive styles with different verbiages, etc. Chaney in particular is probably asking him to do some advanced (for him) things.

He's got to play better, but it also is little wonder why he plays like he has no idea what he's doing. He can't be a leader, because he doesn't know what he's doing himself.

Let's make continue to make a million excuses for JG and blame everyone else! That is typical of our society anyway. JG may be a great person. But, he is a terrible QB and it is time to stop with the blame of everyone else for his inadequacies!!!

Let's make continue to make a million excuses for JG and blame everyone else! That is typical of our society anyway. JG may be a great person. But, he is a terrible QB and it is time to blame everyone else for his inadequacies!!!
What do you do for a living? Is their any process, method, or system that you use to do it? What if that process/system changed 4 times in 4 years, and you had to learn a whole new set of terms and definitions each time?

Garbage time? The whole game has been garbage time. If not for BM leading the 3rd qtr drive we would have been SHUT THE **** OUT by Florida. Let that sink in.
I dunno how many times I have to say it hyperbole is bad when people take it as truth. We don't like the results we have seen great but if you actually look at the numbers they tell a different story. IF the guys just get more time to Gel and execute better things will turn around and they can this season. We have a week off to get ducks in a row. A lot of cancer has been removed. If i'm the coaches I hold steady and make no big changes till at least the SC game but at that point we are looking at having to win our last 5 games to go bowling. UGA and Miss State are both playing us coming off bye weeks. We also come off a bye week for UGA but those guys are loaded for Elephant.

All im saying is just theory and my feelings. the real choices are being made in practice this week and next. We have 2 more shots to see Maurer for free this year. I'd save those for as late in the season as possible. Neither Maurer or Shrout give us a better chance to win games based on what we've seen so far. JG is playing down thus far but he has shown he can play in big games.

JG already took his redshirt in his 1st season.

I think it's unlikely that JG leaves mid-season anyway. He may, indeed, end up transferring at the end of the year. If he does, he might go somewhere like UTEP with Mike Canales. Feel like JG did better with Canales because JG is pretty solid on the QB fundamental stuff; the things he needs to work on are leadership and communication. Those are tougher to teach but I think Canales was very good with that.

I'm curious if JG could work out as a WR.
What have you been smoking Man!!!!!

What do you do for a living? Is their any process, method, or system that you use to do it? What if that process/system changed 4 times in 4 years, and you had to learn a whole new set of terms and definitions each time?

I am glad you brought up my occupation. It is relevant to this post and JG...NOT. But, since you asked. I will humor you and tell you I am in the insurance industry where things change pretty much every year. I have had a pretty successful insurance agency for more than 20 years. Lots of things change all the time. I adapt and overcome. But, we live in a society now where a lot of people can't adapt and overcome. Why? Because society, parents, teachers, etc... have coddled them and shown them a glimpse of how to make excuses for themselves. That is why companies are stuck with inadequate employees! There are too many of them out there! The service industry is now beyond terrible in most cases! A hard worker that will overcome, adapt, and not make excuses can easily make a ton of money these days. The ones that don't are just making excuses as to why they can't!!! Kind of like many on this board continue to make excuses for JG being a terrible QB, including yourself!!!

VN Store

Back