24 Free Throw Attempts….

You’re right.

The opposing team shooting 24 FT attempts to our 10 FTs has no impact on the game. None whatsoever.

You know how stupid that sounds?

Didn't say it didn't have an impact; but it's not why we lost. And the fact you keep constantly harping on it strongly shows that you actually DO think it's why we lost.

Actually the difference is all of the above. Just because we should have won anyway does not excuse the corrupt officiating. It isn't an either/or.

We played like crap, but with a fair whistle, we win anyway.

THANK YOU

The officials sucked, but they sucked all around. The touch fouls 30' from the basket but hardly anything called in the paint just makes it so hard to determine what is/isn't a foul. So inconsistent. That aside, when you miss 8 or 9 layups, shoot 3-21 from 3, get outrebounded by 20 on your home floor, and give up 13 ORebs, you dont deserve to win.

Actually the difference is all of the above. Just because we should have won anyway does not excuse the corrupt officiating. It isn't an either/or.

We played like crap, but with a fair whistle, we win anyway.

Got some like in this thread who seem to think we didn't play awful either. Bad officials, horrible guard play, lazy ass rebounding attempt.

Uros is the only play who acted like they even wanted to be out there

Game went according to the script.

TN plays tight and shoots awful from 3 pt range.

Refs give a decided advantage to KY at the line even as the road team.

Bilas expands his resume of pretentious douchery.

Blue blood KY gets back into the conversation with a big road " win".

I will say this, SEC officials have become so accustomed to and enamored with Tshiebwe's rebounding ability, that they let him get away with anything on a rebound attempt. He was over the back a half dozen times with no call. That shouldn't be allowed to happen on an opponent's floor. But we didn't lose because the officials were horribly one-sided.

Didn't say it didn't have an impact; but it's not why we lost. And the fact you keep constantly harping on it strongly shows that you actually DO think it's why we lost.
Even FTA, or reasonably so, who wins? Both teams shot 40%> yet one team had 15 more attempts at points to offset the missed shots. And it’s the difference in the way calls were or were not made. Oscar could’ve and should’ve fouled out, JP and Santi were on the bench w/2 fouls before the under 12 TO in the first half on ticky tack stuff. You can’t let a guy get an elbow to the face in live action and then call a wrist knick on a reach in 30ft from the basket. The stuff that was allowed both ways while the BS that was called was an embarrassment.

It's a shame that Kentucky led most of the gane due to having a 10 point edge in free throws. Could never overcome the deficit and then put pressure in ourselves..

Hope you didn't put money on that self-imposed 20 point spread you issued. 😕

We were doomed once we had the lead early on.[/QUOTE said:
i had a bad feeling about this game (UK was actually playing for their tournament life/Coach Cal’s future tenure)... motivation was higher for UK than our Vols despite that this was a very low scoring game.

Hoping this game will serve as reminder to our VOLS that come tournament time, everyone is playing for their lives… just like Squid Game 🤣

Go VOLS, you’re in control if you want to run the table in SEC and NCAA.

I knew we were beat when I saw Shat Adams.
when I seen him & cal talking & laughing it up I knew gonna be long nite . Uros played his best game and our guard play sucked usually solid got outrebonded 43 to 23. Guard play Aidoo & ORN were no shows. Recipe for early exit no consistency

Even FTA, or reasonably so, who wins? Both teams shot 40%> yet one team had 15 more attempts at points to offset the missed shots. And it’s the difference in the way calls were or were not made. Oscar could’ve and should’ve fouled out, JP and Santi were on the bench w/2 fouls before the under 12 TO in the first half on ticky tack stuff. You can’t let a guy get an elbow to the face in live action and then call a wrist knick on a reach in 30ft from the basket. The stuff that was allowed both ways while the BS that was called was an embarrassment.

Then go ahead and forfeit the game at Rupp I guess, and probably the Alabama game.

VN Store

Back