22-year-old reported missing after boyfriend returns home from cross-country trip without her

And how do we know that’s why she was scratching him?

For one, witnesses say they saw him hitting her.

But even if there wasn't, why are you assuming the guy who probably murdered this girl wasn't abusive before this? Do you honestly think he went from perfect angel to killing her? That seriously doesn't happen. You do realize the chances are he likely has been abusive before, right?

For the life of me I can't fathom why at this point you were even hint at giving this douchebag any benefit of the doubt. Why would you?

For one, witnesses say they saw him hitting her.

But even if there wasn't, why are you assuming the guy who probably murdered this girl wasn't abusive before this? Do you honestly think he went from perfect angel to killing her? That seriously doesn't happen. You do realize the chances are he likely has been abusive before, right?

For the life of me I can't fathom why at this point you were even hint at giving this douchebag any benefit of the doubt. Why would you?
Well for one, innocent until proven guilty. Period. You do realize if he is found today he will go to trial, correct? We don’t have the power to just assume someone’s guilt. He probably did it. HOWEVER,
he may not have. I would just like to know more.

Reactions: mrMet
The longer it goes without finding his body, the less likely he killed himself. I think he’s getting help from someone - not his parents but from someone. My guess is he is laying low, trying to grow some hair on his head and has cut his beard. With hair on his head and without the facial hair, he’s just another Joe. He’s hoping the media attention will die down. Then move to Mexico or S. America. He could be on the lam for sometime.

With the way law enforcement is viewed in today’s world that’s almost a guarantee he’s getting help and a lot of it.

Reactions: volfan__18
Well for one, innocent until proven guilty. Period. You do realize if he is found today he will go to trial, correct? We don’t have the power to just assume someone’s guilt. He probably did it. HOWEVER,

Guilty until proven innocent.

Reactions: volfan__18
I had very similar thoughts. I have two sons. I try to warn my teenage son about crazy girls… looks to me like she was one. She had no right to put her hands on him. Does this excuse him doing something to her? No. But it’s ridiculous how everyone is painting her as the perfect innocent girl.

Not right to put her hands on someone that was most likely habitually abusing her? Is that the hill you really want to die on?

Getting abused takes a pretty serious psychological affect on you, so it wouldn't be too surprising if she seemed a little "crazy." Check out the behaviors of abused animals if you want a good idea of how "crazy" one can get.

Last edited:
Pretty fair amount of evidence already out there to suggest Laundrie is guilty as hell.

I'm surprised the police allowed the autopsy results to be released. I figured they would be held through trial.

I was surprised too but I think it was because of the tremendous amount of attention the case had generated. Just didn't want to be continually asked about the autopsy. The way the information was worded, it seems that the strangulation was due to hands, and not a rope or cord. So, a lot of anger involved. Maybe they have some DNA evidence that makes it an open and shut case.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Ok. And what about what she may have done to him? Again, he probably did kill her. However, just because he is the guy in the situation I’m not going to say he’s definitely guilty.

Why do you assume she did anything TO him? For all your grandstanding about assumptions, you seem to be making quite a few yourself so you can paint this douchebag as some kind of victim.

You want to die on this hill, go ahead, but you look kinda silly right now.

Last edited:

Lol, you probably think OJ is innocent too.

Reactions: walkenvol
I was surprised too but I think it was because of the tremendous amount of attention the case had generated. Just didn't want to be continually asked about the autopsy. The way the information was worded, it seems that the strangulation was due to hands, and not a rope or cord. So, a lot of anger involved. Maybe they have some DNA evidence that makes it an open and shut case.
So, now that we know strangulation, and it leads me as well to believed it was by hand. IMO, they got into an argument of some sort and BL killed her in a fit of rage.

I don't think you guys get what @BigOrangeGirl is saying. Nobody's defending the actions of Brian Laundrie and I don't think she's "dying on this hill".

Their relationship was obviously toxic and often (per witnesses) would involve physical harm by both. It sounds like both struggled. We just both made observations that she exhibited behaviors that would be alarming if she was a girl your son was involved with. Laundrie also exhibited VERY alarming behavior and those are a VERY dangerous combination that lead to Gabby's death.

The evidence is piling up against Laundrie, but everyone deserves a fair trial. Nobody here thinks Laundrie is a saint. And if he is proven guilty, the way he handled it just makes him even worse.

@mr.checkerboards..That's my theory too.

The longer it goes without finding his body, the less likely he killed himself. I think he’s getting help from someone - not his parents but from someone. My guess is he is laying low, trying to grow some hair on his head and has cut his beard. With hair on his head and without the facial hair, he’s just another Joe. He’s hoping the media attention will die down. Then move to Mexico or S. America. He could be on the lam for sometime.
He’d stand out on the Border because he’d be the only guy going in the wrong direction.

I don't think you guys get what @BigOrangeGirl is saying. Nobody's defending the actions of Brian Laundrie and I don't think she's "dying on this hill".

Their relationship was obviously toxic and often (per witnesses) would involve physical harm by both. It sounds like both struggled. We just both made observations that she exhibited behaviors that would be alarming if she was a girl your son was involved with. Laundrie also exhibited VERY alarming behavior and those are a VERY dangerous combination that lead to Gabby's death.

The evidence is piling up against Laundrie, but everyone deserves a fair trial. Nobody here thinks Laundrie is a saint. And if he is proven guilty, the way he handled it just makes him even worse.

I get exactly what she's saying, and I stand by what I said. Doing the "BUT WHAT ABOUT HER" crap is about as tone deaf as you can get right now.

None of us are the judge or jury, so whether we think he is guilty or not means jack s***. He'll have his day in court. But I can most certainly judge him by the facts of the case AND his behavior and actions since she disappeared. Whether he's proven to be a murderer or not remains to be seen, but he's already proven he's a POS.

Reactions: Carp and Godfatha

I'm sure both contributed to the relationship in an unhealthy way. But there's a pretty clear behavior of abusive behavior by Laundrie from the reports out there. It's far more likely that Gabby's behavior was a direct result of the abuse endured at the hands of Laundrie, than it is her simply being a "crazy girl."

I get exactly what she's saying, and I stand by what I said. Doing the "BUT WHAT ABOUT HER" crap is about as tone deaf as you can get right now.

None of us are the judge or jury, so whether we think he is guilty or not means jack s***. He'll have his day in court. But I can most certainly judge him by the facts of the case AND his behavior and actions since she disappeared. Whether he's proven to be a murderer or not remains to be seen, but he's already proven he's a POS.

Yup. The facts we do know, show that he is a POS, regardless if he found innocent or guilty in a court of law. Maybe he killed her (he did) and may be he didn't (No. He most certainly did). But leaving your GF behind on the other side of the country, taking her car from her, hitting her, and ignoring her parents pleas for help are all 100% provable facts that make him a complete POS.

Lol, you probably think OJ is innocent too.
🤦🏻‍♀️ I’m not saying he is innocent. I think he probably did kill her or just abandon her maybe. All I’m trying to say is there was obviously some suspect stuff going on in that relationship, including abusive behavior. It is possible that she was abusive to him as well. Does that forgive murdering someone? Of course NOT, but I think there was a LOT of drama going on with those two.

That is a very good explanation. It’s fairly obvious he had something to do with her disappearance. I’m not saying he’s innocent. I would just like to know more about the past relationship and more about her parts in their problems.

It seems many times women think they can treat a male any way they want and he has to take it. That’s ALL I’m saying. If he killed her (very likely) then there’s no excuse regardless of what she did.

That is a very good explanation. It’s fairly obvious he had something to do with her disappearance. I’m not saying he’s innocent. I would just like to know more about the past relationship and more about her parts in their problems.

It seems many times women think they can treat a male any way they want and he has to take it. That’s ALL I’m saying. If he killed her (very likely) then there’s no excuse regardless of what she did.

Domesitic violence stats would tell you the reverse is much more likely to be true.

Domesitic violence stats would tell you the reverse is much more likely to be true.

As I mentioned earlier, I lived the situation where the female would physically attack me knowing that I would not retaliate. I'm thankful that I had self control. The police would do nothing to help because I was male (One officer actually chuckled about it). You put a guy with severe anger problems like Brian Laundrie in that kind of situation...isolated together...and it has a high probability of ending very badly.

I'm definitely not blaming her. I guess the point I intend to make is, that if you're in a relationship like that, male or female, RUN AWAY!

Sure. How many men will report domestic violence against them? Probably not may. I’m sure it is much more prevalent against women, however we have to consider what goes unreported.

Also, women are much less likely to noticeably harm a man. They will not typically have black eyes, bruises, etc.

Reactions: ACvol3

VN Store

Back