'22 TN PG Brian Edwards Jr. (BJ Edwards) (Tennessee commit)

That was Mayor of South Knoxville Philly. He calls almost all the shows. He is hilarious when he is on Basilios after game call in shows after having many Beers.

Yes, he is highly concerned that we’re going to let Edwards slip away to another school.

Well, doesn't Edwards have an offer, right now ? Could he not commit and wouldn't UT take his commit ? So, UT is not letting him slip away, it's on Edwards if he goes somewhere else, imo

Is anyone else worried that he doesn't seem to dominate his high school games?
Kennedy Chandler isn’t someone you’re going to walk away from a game saying they “dominated”. Jaden Springer also wasn’t this type of player. That’s not always a bad thing, especially in a “INAM” mindset like Barnes’ teams have.

Is anyone else worried that he doesn't seem to dominate his high school games?
I mean, NBA players don’t always dominate college. It’s all about coaches being able to evaluate whose game will translate. J. Bone didn’t exactly dominate HS either.

I know Edwards played Chandler, pretty much to a draw, in the state championship game. Still, Catholic dominated the boards, at 2 to 1, iIrc, and won state. If I had to guess BJ, didn't play as much AAU ball. Or they are concentrating more on the rising seniors, because it looks like Chandler jumped to #7 overall. Doesn't matter, imo, give me Edwards and we probably have a 3 year PG star, right after Chandler goes one and done

I know Edwards played Chandler, pretty much to a draw, in the state championship game. Still, Catholic dominated the boards, at 2 to 1, iIrc, and won state. If I had to guess BJ, didn't play as much AAU ball. Or they are concentrating more on the rising seniors, because it looks like Chandler jumped to #7 overall. Doesn't matter, imo, give me Edwards and we probably have a 3 year PG star, right after Chandler goes one and done

My post from months ago...
Edwards seems like he would likely track on the same career path as a guy like Jordan Bone. A kid who can play significant minutes as a freshman, but will likely be later in his sophomore and junior year before being a major contributor. Chandler will be an impact player from day one.

Anybody know why his stock has dropped so much?
I think it is probably several things. Other kids catching up more than him regressing.

He doesn't play for a super high-profile AAU program, and until last year, split time with Jaden Bradley (#2 PG in 2022) for BMaze Elite. Bradley switched AAU teams last spring, I believe, but then this past summer's AAU schedule was neutered by Covid.

BJE doesn't play for a national HS power, either. Playing for Knox Catholic limits his exposure a bit. A move to a Huntington Prep in West Virginia, Christ School in North Carolina, Sunrise Christian in Kansas, Oak Hill in Virginia...Tennessee has good relationships at all those schools...would get him more national exposure and pit him against better competition on a nightly basis.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
I think it is probably several things. Other kids catching up more than him regressing.

He doesn't play for a super high-profile AAU program, and until last year, split time with Jaden Bradley (#2 PG in 2022) for BMaze Elite. Bradley switched AAU teams last spring, I believe, but then this past summer's AAU schedule was neutered by Covid.

BJE doesn't play for a national HS power, either. Playing for Knox Catholic limits his exposure a bit. A move to a Huntington Prep in West Virginia, Christ School in North Carolina, Sunrise Christian in Kansas, Oak Hill in Virginia...Tennessee has good relationships at all those schools...would get him more national exposure and pit him against better competition on a nightly basis.
I agree the competition isn't great, which is why I would expect him to dominate those games. He is usually the 3rd to 4th leading scorer and rarely has double digit assists.

VN Store

Back