'22 SC SF Julian Phillips (Tennessee commit)

So then no rules at all? What people really want is for everyone to play by the same ones. Like I said

Rules only apply to those that aren’t handicapped by the NCAA.

Schools that make them the most money. Corruption at its finest.

Just because they’re easy to cheat doesn’t mean they aren’t still rules. The rules Wade broke before are still rules and surely you can’t think he’s all of a sudden playing by the rules now?
Ok. Are we talking about the rules when he cheated or the rules now? Because if we're talking about the rules last year, yes, he cheated majorly. If we're talking about today's rules, he doesn't have to cheat to get players money now. It's wide freakin open.

You’re as wrong about that as you are with your arguments with golf, BTO, etc. I was originally just trying to help you out, but your arrogance became annoying.
How many NIL deals have you done? How much does it take to get a high ranked recruit? Is it an annual deal or is it multi year. Are there contingencies in these deals if the kid leaves the school? Are there contingencies in these deals if they get into trouble? Are these real deals or are they just means to funnle kids money? Help a dumbass out here.

How many NIL deals have you done? How much does it take to get a high ranked recruit? Is it an annual deal or is it multi year. Are there contingencies in these deals if the kid leaves the school? Are there contingencies in these deals if they get into trouble? Are these real deals or are they just means to funnle kids money? Help a dumbass out here.[/QUOTE

NONE OF US are talking about NILs big shot.

Does anyone really care about kids being paid?
If university A has a distinct advantage over university B because different rules or standards apply, then yes, that is clearly not a level playing field. The lines are getting blurry between amateurism and the professional game and no one now understands or can predict future implications. It seems it’s already very messy, and will continue to get worse.

Reactions: i2amavol
That would be great if it happened but no one does so I don’t care that players get paid.

The only time people on this board complain about paying guys is if they choose another school. Thats it.

If paying players (which we do) brought us a natty, the moral police would be celebrating and cheering like everyone else.

This fanbase cheered Bruce Pearl with some still clamoring to bring him back. Football fans calling for Hugh Freeze and Lane Killin during the last coaching search. Just win and the fanbase (and admin) will play ignorant if they get caught.

Reactions: volbeast33
The only time people on this board complain about paying guys is if they choose another school. Thats it.

If paying players (which we do) brought us a natty, the moral police would be celebrating and cheering like everyone else.

This fanbase cheered Bruce Pearl with some still clamoring to bring him back. Football fans calling for Hugh Freeze and Lane Killin during the last coaching search. Just win and the fanbase (and admin) will play ignorant if they get caught.

That is not true for me. There are certain schools that it is obvious they are going way over the top. Right now, LSU stands out to me as one of the biggest, most blatant cheaters. Auburn in football, maybe now in basketball, is another one. Ole Miss under Freeze was obvious. More recently, Georgia in football has been easy to see.

It appears that FSU is getting more than it's fair share in basketball, but it just seemed that LSU came out of the blue on this one. Maybe it was just me, but Phillips and his family did not show a lot of enthusiasm. It was more like a business deal than a proud choice.

I personally would not want Pearl or Freeze. Now, Kiffin I would be thrilled to have. My impression is that he has straightened up his act (but I could be wrong).

If university A has a distinct advantage over university B because different rules or standards apply, then yes, that is clearly not a level playing field. The lines are getting blurry between amateurism and the professional game and no one now understands or can predict future implications. It seems it’s already very messy, and will continue to get worse.
We have paid players for years…. The ncaa has never forced the rules equally so there will never be an even playing field.

We have paid players for years…. The ncaa has never forced the rules equally so there will never be an even playing field.
I’m curious. Specifically, how have we paid players? Curious as to what your knowledge of all this is.

VN Store

Back