'22 NY PF Tobe Awaka (Tennessee commit)

These are the kinds of prospects that I love… a hard-working, under the radar guy with a moxie and toughness that is contagious to the rest of the team.

Getting this guy would certainly ease the disappointment if we lost out on Phillips, but each has something unique to bring to the table. Let’s get both!

Is Zeiglers brother more of a PG or more of a 2 guard? He’s class of 23 so I guess if we miss on some guys it’s possible. He’s already gotten offers from Nebraska, Denver, and Northern Illinois since playing with this team. So obviously Armoni Zeigler isn’t too bad.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Is Zeiglers brother more of a PG or more of a 2 guard? He’s class of 23 so I guess if we miss on some guys it’s possible. He’s already gotten offers from Nebraska, Denver, and Northern Illinois since playing with this team. So obviously Armoni Zeigler isn’t too bad.

No reason he couldn’t be an NIL-supported walkon.

folks, please stop with this take.

Why? If it’s between that or not a take, why wouldn’t it benefit all parties?

We’ve got like 10-12 guys on the football team who are doing this, and a decent number are going to play and have their school paid for.

It’s a new day. Acting like you can’t use NIL to add roster spots beyond scholarship spots is archaic thinking at this point.

Why? If it’s between that or not a take, why wouldn’t it benefit all parties?

We’ve got like 10-12 guys on the football team who are doing this, and a decent number are going to play and have their school paid for.

It’s a new day. Acting like you can’t use NIL to add roster spots beyond scholarship spots is archaic thinking at this point.

No we don’t, it’s like 2-3 and they have local ties, they also likely will have chances at scholarships. There’s major differences between what you get as a walk-on/scholarship player, it’s not just simply about tuition.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
No we don’t, it’s like 2-3 and they have local ties, they also likely will have chances at scholarships. There’s major differences between what you get as a walk-on/scholarship player, it’s not just simply about tuition.

It’s more than 2-3. And if even if it wasn’t, you still didn’t address the point. If Z is dying to play with his older brother, which is better?

“We don’t have a spot, I’m sorry son.”

Or

“We don’t have a spot, but there might be something we can work out. Let me talk to some people.”

It’s more than 2-3. And if even if it wasn’t, you still didn’t address the point. If Z is dying to play with his older brother, which is better?

“We don’t have a spot, I’m sorry son.”

Or

“We don’t have a spot, but there might be something we can work out. Let me talk to some people.”
Or school where he’s from “hey man transfer here and you’re both on scholarship” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plenty of siblings don’t play together and fwiw they didn’t grow up living together either. People thought Bailey may stay here as a walk-on and get NIL to cover his tuition, not happening.

Or school where he’s from “hey man transfer here and you’re both on scholarship” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Plenty of siblings don’t play together and fwiw they didn’t grow up living together either. People thought Bailey may stay here as a walk-on and get NIL to cover his tuition, not happening.

The context of my original post was contingent on us not being able to have them both on scholarship and them wanting to play together at Tennessee. None of those things may end up being the case.

But if it does end up being the case, there’s no reason we couldn’t do it. Even if was just as a stop gap until a spot opened. As I said, it’s already happened at this institution.

If I were a basketball recruit and a program had already committed their allotment of scholarships, I’d have to seriously consider if the staff would give me a fair look for playing time. Doubt I’d agree to become the 14th NIL funded scholarship unless there was a lot more NIL money added to give me confidence they were serious about me contributing. JMO

VN Store

Back