'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

Can we get some details on the definition of imminent in this circumstance? Today? This week? Or this month?

When did Corey Evans put his futurecast in?

That's promising. Would be a huge coup to get Chandler to commit this week and start the public campaign for uniting Banchero, Ingram, and Smith.
I noted a couple weeks ago that Chandler waiting to commit, especially if he already has an idea of where he wants to go, and the unconfirmed speculation that he may already be a silent, only hurt his efforts with other top prospects with the sway he seems to carry within his class as the flagship PG in 2021. A lot of top guys have mentioned wanting to play with him, and that influence is only more pressing and beneficial if he commits early. Think of it like an influential QB committing early in football (Harrison Bailey, for example).

Corey Evans is pretty solid, too. He has sort of been out front with a lot of Chandler info, including his article last month where he predicted then that KC would sign with Tennessee over Duke. He could have put in his official prediction then, but waited to put it in until yesterday, which tells me he's caught wind of something more recently.

I noted a couple weeks ago that Chandler waiting to commit, especially if he already has an idea of where he wants to go, and the unconfirmed speculation that he may already be a silent, only hurt his efforts with other top prospects with the sway he seems to carry within his class as the flagship PG in 2021. A lot of top guys have mentioned wanting to play with him, and that influence is only more pressing and beneficial if he commits early. Think of it like an influential QB committing early in football (Harrison Bailey, for example).

Corey Evans is pretty solid, too. He has sort of been out front with a lot of Chandler info, including his article last month where he predicted then that KC would sign with Tennessee over Duke. He could have put in his official prediction then, but waited to put it in until yesterday, which tells me he's caught wind of something more recently.

I remember your post from a few weeks back, and agreed with the sentiment at the time as well. If Chandler is indeed a silent it makes little to no logical sense to remain that way. If you know the school you want, it doesn't help to keep it under wraps.

I'm excited about the prospects of Chandler committing to us this week. With the COVID-19 pandemic limiting official campus visits, locking down Chandler and having him start his peer recruiting would give us a huge boost in our chances with pulling off the "elite" class we all hope this 2021 class can be.

VN Store

Back