'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

Kim English and Barnes have been recruiting Chandler pretty hard.

I think it pays off in the end.

Can you imagine a Tennessee basketball roster that looks something like:

Josiah James (5*)
Santiago Vescovi (4*)
Jaden Springer (5*)
Keon Johnson (5*)
Kennedy Chandler (5*)
Jabari Smith (5*)
Corey Walker (4*)
Victor Bailey (4*)

And that's not even considering the possibility of Banchero and Ingram also joining in. I'm trying to keep myself from believing any of this will come to pass, but it's getting harder to do.
I don’t think having JJJ, JS, and KJ back would help us in recruiting the type of guys we are trying to recruit now. We need one or two of them to go to the next level. Hopefully, we have at least one player that is one and done over the next two years.

Meaning we don't have a full season and he enters next years's draft? That would royally suck.
No just saying i think it's less than 50% chance of Springer bring one and done. I think he plays at least 2 seasons in college.

I don’t think having JJJ, JS, and KJ back would help us in recruiting the type of guys we are trying to recruit now. We need one or two of them to go to the next level. Hopefully, we have at least one player that is one and done over the next two years.
would be nice if all 3 left and got drafted along with pons.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I'm not saying the VQ poster is wrong, but if Chandler is truly a silent commit it would make very little sense to be a silent from now all the way to October, which is apparently when he is rumored to announce. I think we're in a really good spot, but I'm not going to put much stock in it. Silent commits don't help. If he is currently all-in, I'm sure Kennedy would want to start publicly peer recruiting ASAP.

No just saying i think it's less than 50% chance of Springer bring one and done. I think he plays at least 2 seasons in college.
Gotcha. About a week or 2 ago I looked at the history of players ranked between 15-20 and they were actually more likely to stay 4+ years than leave after 1 if you can believe that. So I agree with you.

Those guys have stated they intend to sign in the fall, they’ll have no clue who is leaving or coming back at that point.

I feel like if he has committed, it's a soft commitment and more of a placeholder with the idea that he still wants to check out Duke, certainly, and perhaps UK, as well, on an official visit before forming up his decision and going public with it. I think those schools, out of his top 5 are truly his top 3, and if I had to rank them in terms of odds, right now, I'd say...
1.Tennessee
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. North Carolina
5. Memphis

And I think we are a pretty significant favorite, as of today.

I’m in the boat that this is a UT/Duke battle with an outside shot given to Kentucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmva1
I was pretty pumped to get Barnes because of his track record but he has exceeded everything with his coaching. Never doubted he would start landing better player but after the first class or two kinda made me wonder. GBO

VN Store

Back