'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

I want to see Chandler sign and the rest of the roster branded as the Sunshine Band. Get Down Tonight can be another recording to use in the pre-game and there could be an epic halftime performer to add alongside the Red Panda and the Frisbee dogs.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Harry Wayne Casey could partner with players that are allowed to financially exploit their own likenesses starting in 2021 or 2022.

On the Basilio blog today:

Kennedy Chandler's father has told people this week that his highly regarded son will be making his announcement this fall before the early signing period and before his HS season. The story from the family is that Kennedy wants to take "a couple" visits and then make his commitment. Should be very good news for Tennessee as he's the cornerstone of what Volunteer recruiters are selling to the other elite players in the class. Having both Chandler and Kim English recruiting Banchero, Smith, Ingram, etc. would be huge. It appeared that Chandler had decided to wait until spring 2021 to sign but that being out the window is a tremendous development for the Vols.

On the Basilio blog today:

Kennedy Chandler's father has told people this week that his highly regarded son will be making his announcement this fall before the early signing period and before his HS season. The story from the family is that Kennedy wants to take "a couple" visits and then make his commitment. Should be very good news for Tennessee as he's the cornerstone of what Volunteer recruiters are selling to the other elite players in the class. Having both Chandler and Kim English recruiting Banchero, Smith, Ingram, etc. would be huge. It appeared that Chandler had decided to wait until spring 2021 to sign but that being out the window is a tremendous development for the Vols.
Seems like a late October- early November timeframe. 😒

Hopefully it changes again, and moves it up. I hate to wait that long on the guy who could be the linchpin of the class, but it is what it is. As long as he stays with the good guys, I'll take it when I can get it.

Seems like a late October- early November timeframe. 😒

Hopefully it changes again, and moves it up. I hate to wait that long on the guy who could be the linchpin of the class, but it is what it is. As long as he stays with the good guys, I'll take it when I can get it.
I mean fall is mid September. If he takes his visits in September he could commit in late September/early October, giving plenty of time to recruit Paulo, Ingram and Smith

I mean fall is mid September. If he takes his visits in September he could commit in late September/early October, giving plenty of time to recruit Paulo, Ingram and Smith
Yeah, specifically mentioning the early signing period and his HS season as reference points leads me to believe that the timeline is probably a little later than late September/early October but definitely by early November. It is certainly possible that he gets it done earlier, and I hope he does.

Reactions: swchandler1988
From a poster on VQ. TIFWIW:
I would really like to believe this, and while I’m not saying it’s false I do have my doubts...mainly because, Chandler and his family are good people, I don’t see them playing games or lying to UK & Duke (mainly). If Chandler had committed to UT then I think we likely would have seen offers coming out from both of those schools. Duke has offers out to just 6 guys in 2021 and Chandler is the only PG on their board, UK has offers out to just 4 guys in 2021 and Chandler is the only PG on their board as well.

Can you imagine a Tennessee basketball roster that looks something like:

Josiah James (5*)
Santiago Vescovi (4*)
Jaden Springer (5*)
Keon Johnson (5*)
Kennedy Chandler (5*)
Jabari Smith (5*)
Corey Walker (4*)
Victor Bailey (4*)

And that's not even considering the possibility of Banchero and Ingram also joining in. I'm trying to keep myself from believing any of this will come to pass, but it's getting harder to do.

I feel like Chandler has been a lock & has been recruiting Banchero, Smith, and Banchero behind the scenes.

I would really like to believe this, and while I’m not saying it’s false I do have my doubts...mainly because, Chandler and his family are good people, I don’t see them playing games or lying to UK & Duke (mainly). If Chandler had committed to UT then I think we likely would have seen offers coming out from both of those schools. Duke has offers out to just 6 guys in 2021 and Chandler is the only PG on their board, UK has offers out to just 4 guys in 2021 and Chandler is the only PG on their board as well.
Not that I know anything, but I'm getting the same vibe too. Doesn't seem like he'd be one to draw it out just for the heck of it.

I feel like if he has committed, it's a soft commitment and more of a placeholder with the idea that he still wants to check out Duke, certainly, and perhaps UK, as well, on an official visit before forming up his decision and going public with it. I think those schools, out of his top 5 are truly his top 3, and if I had to rank them in terms of odds, right now, I'd say...
1.Tennessee
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. North Carolina
5. Memphis

And I think we are a pretty significant favorite, as of today.

I feel like if he has committed, it's a soft commitment and more of a placeholder with the idea that he still wants to check out Duke, certainly, and perhaps UK, as well, on an official visit before forming up his decision and going public with it. I think those schools, out of his top 5 are truly his top 3, and if I had to rank them in terms of odds, right now, I'd say...
1.Tennessee
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. North Carolina
5. Memphis

And I think we are a pretty significant favorite, as of today.
I agree with that, but like we’ve seen before in CBB, if you are taking OV’s you aren’t committed.

This 100%.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back