'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

Good news everyone, Ole Sabbanochio himself said he heard from his sources that Kennedy Chandler is not expecting to commit till November and that the thought that it would come this week came from Basillio’s Blog “which is always wrong.”

Long story short, expect Chandler to commit tomorrow.
Not that I'm taking sides with Sab, but it does sort of strike me as odd that any decision to move up his commitment to July right on the heels of his father publicly stating that he would be waiting until the fall to commit. It wouldn't be the first time Basilio was wrong, either.

Not that I'm taking sides with Sab, but it does sort of strike me as odd that any decision to move up his commitment to July right on the heels of his father publicly stating that he would be waiting until the fall to commit. It wouldn't be the first time Basilio was wrong, either.

True. My excitement didn't really come from Basilio's Blog though, it was more from Corey Evan's FutureCast, which usually comes on the heels of him hearing something.

True. My excitement didn't really come from Basilio's Blog though, it was more from Corey Evan's FutureCast, which usually comes on the heels of him hearing something.
The Corey Evans prediction has me hopeful, but the post that got this all going was admittedly third hand information being passed along, and said "a commitment was imminent". Not really Shakespearean language on the surface, but then the exact same phrase was used in Basilio's blog, which seemed a little peculiar.

Nothing has happened or leaked since, and no one else has put in any additional predictions on Rivals or 247. One would think if something were "imminent", that we'd see some predictions rolling in.

All of that coming in immediately on the heels of his father saying he believed a commitment wouldn't happen until this fall has me rescinding my enthusiasm for something happening in the near-term. We've seen no additional movement that would suggest it is about to happen. Obviously, I'd love to be wrong.

I have no basis for that other than with the early signing day (an actual early signing day, not footballs joke of an early signing day) then that might be the case.

You have plenty of basis for that.

How many times have you heard a committed player say that other schools kept in contact with them?

how many times did you hear them say other schools wanted them to visit after committing?

How many times did they visit another school after committing?

The answer to all three of those is plenty of basis

The latest from Corey Evans of Rivals:

Recent FutureCast predictions

"You can never tell the whole story behind a FutureCast selection. Certain pieces of information are best kept between sources and yours truly - but I did want to dish on a few of my latest predictions....

Speaking of Memphis, the Tigers would love to have five-star guard Kennedy Chandler, but momentum continues to swing toward Tennessee. I am not sure a commitment is near, but if things ended today I would actually be surprised if he didn’t pick the Volunteers."

Source: Three-Point Play: Michigan State, predictions, Marquette

I guess all the excitement this week was unwarranted. Oh well. I’d love to get him in the boat sooner rather than later. I’m hoping he doesn’t stick to his early signing day announcement timeline, but I guess it’s looking more that way.

The latest from Corey Evans of Rivals:

Recent FutureCast predictions

"You can never tell the whole story behind a FutureCast selection. Certain pieces of information are best kept between sources and yours truly - but I did want to dish on a few of my latest predictions....

Speaking of Memphis, the Tigers would love to have five-star guard Kennedy Chandler, but momentum continues to swing toward Tennessee. I am not sure a commitment is near, but if things ended today I would actually be surprised if he didn’t pick the Volunteers."

Source: Three-Point Play: Michigan State, predictions, Marquette
Well, there it is.

The Corey Evans prediction has me hopeful, but the post that got this all going was admittedly third hand information being passed along, and said "a commitment was imminent". Not really Shakespearean language on the surface, but then the exact same phrase was used in Basilio's blog, which seemed a little peculiar.

Nothing has happened or leaked since, and no one else has put in any additional predictions on Rivals or 247. One would think if something were "imminent", that we'd see some predictions rolling in.

All of that coming in immediately on the heels of his father saying he believed a commitment wouldn't happen until this fall has me rescinding my enthusiasm for something happening in the near-term. We've seen no additional movement that would suggest it is about to happen. Obviously, I'd love to be wrong.
I never get too high or too low over these forecasts. My emotional attachment to all things Vol has bitten me in the butt too many times. Specifically, "imminent" means lots of different things to people. Fun to speculate it happening, but we shall see.

I'd still guess its Tennessee, Duke, UK, Memphis, UNC...in that order, and the gap between 1 and 2/3 is widening.

Okay this many FutureCasts and Crystal Balls has to mean a commitment is coming soon, right? Call me crazy but it seems most of them have caught wind of some information.
That or somebody like Evans took the leap and then everybody just piggybacked and put in a prediction based on his

VN Store

Back