'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
ch1j6a1ms35wgxl74nlb

Briarcrest Christian
Eads, TN
6'0

Rivals

Last edited:
@bleedingTNorange
After a big-time sophomore season, top 50 guard Kennedy Chandler has emerged as one of the hottest recruits in his class and he's taking it all in. A product of Eads (Tenn.) Briarcrest Christian, the six-footer currently ranks No. 45 nationally in the class of 2021 and a decision to leave the Memphis area to play with Kansas City-based MoKan Elite in Nike's EYBL is paying off. "I feel like we have really bonded together and that we are playing team ball," Kennedy told Rivals.com. "I'm playing better off of what we do. "When I first played a tournament with them, I had only practiced one time so I just wanted to see how it went and it went well. From there being a point guard, it means a lot to me to bring everybody together and I really love this team."
Chandler picked up his first high major offer from Ole Miss back in the fall of 2018. SMU offered during the winter and from then it's been a free-for-all that Chandler saw first-hand during April's live evaluation period. It's still hard for him to believe all that has happened. "There were a lot of college coaches who came and watched us play in Atlanta and I wanted to show them what I could do," said Chandler. "A lot of stuff happened from that weekend. I told my sister on the phone that I can't believe this is really happening like this and I'm getting all of these offers and for me it's just the beginning. It's a dream come true."
Chandler wants to take a step back and survey the scene before making his next move but did mention that he could take an unofficial visit to Tennessee at the end of the month when some friends make football visits. But that's not a certainty and he's certainly not in any kind of a hurry to make a decision. "There's no rush on anything," said Chandler. "I'm just a sophomore trying to take things in and I have a lot of time ahead of me." As excited as Chandler is by all of the recent attention, he's not at all satisfied and is working to keep expanding his game as his recruitment takes shape. "Extending my range on my jump shot a little more is next," said Chandler. "I've got to keep practicing that because most people are going under screens on me. I'm still beating them attacking the basket, but more range would open things up."
-Rivals

Last edited:
From the recent update of 2021 rankings..
Kennedy Chandler jumped up 17 spots in this update and I'm completely on board with it. He was really impressive in the game I saw where he was matched up with Caleb Love. He's a high-level competitor, really good in the transition game and can both finish himself and set up others. I liked how hard pressures the ball defensively as well. He's going to be one of the best point guards in this class.
-Dan McDonald (Rivals)

Reactions: sport3500
It would be interesting to see if Tennessee would take Chandler and Lewis in 2021 if Lewis decides not to reclassify. You can never have enough point guards or guards on a roster.

Made the Mid-Camp First Team at the Nike Top 100 in St. Louis
Kennedy Chandler is beyond his years at the point of attack. Already slotted within the top-30 of the recently updated Rivals150, the rising junior has been tremendous in St. Louis. He has not relied much on his perimeter jumper but he has shown the propensity to complete a litany of tasks at the lead guard spot. Chandler is a maestro off of the bounce. He is a quick-twitch playmaker that is about putting pressure on the opposing defense thanks to his crafty breakdown abilities and is no slouch on the defensive end. Ole Miss made an early push with Chandler as they are among the leaders for him early on. LSU, Ohio State and Texas A&M just offered but the thinking is that if Memphis were to get involved, that they might be difficult to beat.
-Corey Evans

One of the breakout players of the summer, Kennedy Chandler's recruitment has taken off. The elite point guard led his AAU team Mokan Elite to a U17 Peach Jam victory a couple weeks ago and is capping off his summer season at the USA Basketball training camp. Chandler said he plans on sitting down with his family and coaches to set some visits for the fall. Arizona and Kansas are the latest to offer while Kentucky, Memphis and North Carolina are also in the mix.
-Rivals

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
One of the most heavily recruited players in the country regardless of class, five-star junior point guard Kennedy Chandler is making the rules work in his favor. The Memphis area floor general just set official visits to Tennessee (10/25), Syracuse (11/5), Ole Miss (11/15), Florida State (2/2/2020) and Michigan (2/15).
I checked in with the playmaker’s father Kylan, who told me the visits shouldn’t be taken as an indication that a decision is imminent. He told me that the family is trusting the process and that most likely another round of visits will take place when Chandler is a senior. Among the others thought to be heavily in the mix here include, Arkansas, Duke and Memphis just to name a few and I wouldn’t look for a decision any time soon.
-Bossi

From Galilee on Kennedy Chandler:

I always thought that Memphis would be a huge factor if they did not have a lot of guards they were recruiting. After a conversation today he is very open to leaving here no matter what UM have on their roster. If Springer and this class develope that will be huge. He is looking for the best situation for him regardless of location. His dad is all business.

From Galilee on Kennedy Chandler:

I always thought that Memphis would be a huge factor if they did not have a lot of guards they were recruiting. After a conversation today he is very open to leaving here no matter what UM have on their roster. If Springer and this class develope that will be huge. He is looking for the best situation for him regardless of location. His dad is all business.
If (and that's still a big IF for me) we get Chandler to come to UT over Memphis...I will absolutely lose it. I'd LOVE to see the little Tiger fans cry over this. They think he's as much of a done deal as there is.

From the EYBL in late May

He's just one of those players who's so smooth. Everything seems effortless. Game never appears to fast or too big. Really love the creativity on the drives and especially how adept he is in using the ball HIGH off the glass. It's like he tosses the ball up off the very top of the board over the bigs looking to block it and the ball dies and drops through the net.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
What's the deal with Chandler and Paolo ? Have they played together before like in AAU ? Seems like they would not have since they live so far a part. Just buddies or wanting to play together ? U know I would love a 5 star package deal

These days just about every kid knows or is familiar with each other on the AAU/camp circuit. So it’s safe to say they know each other, probably played against each other a good bit the past year, maybe even ran together a few times. Best case scenario this weekend gives them a chance to really want to play together and go to the same school

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back