'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

The No. 1 PG in the country in your own backyard and you’re “not interested” or didn’t “prioritize” him. Yeah right. I think it was moreso the interest wasn’t as mutual or maybe Hardaway THOUGHT he had a leg up already but really didn’t. I know Hardaway is heavily pursuing JD Davidson but I believe that was after he fell behind on Chandler.
Oh I have no doubts that the Chandlers didn’t bow at the altar of Penny early on and that bruised his ego and he focused on some other players. Tried to get back in the game late and it didn’t happen. Have to take the guys on 92.9 at noon with a grain of salt. They are major Memphis homers who think Penny is the next Coach K. I think they’ll figure out in another year or two that he ain’t.

Reactions: gordonr24
8:49 mark... If KC would have finished the dunk (got hacked by a 6'-6" kid)... guy would have had to leave the gym. Check out Ja's face.

This is exciting. Tennessee men's basketball is actually recruiting on a National Championship level right now (if they can land Banchero). I never thought I would see it. Makes me want to bump some of those "Barnes is a lazy recruiter" posts from two years ago.

Reactions: DC_Vol
This is exciting. Tennessee men's basketball is actually recruiting on a National Championship level right now (if they can land Banchero). I never thought I would see it. Makes me want to bump some of those "Barnes is a lazy recruiter" posts from two years ago.
You can just change them to Barnes is a CRAZY recruiter.

Yes, Harris was an absolute phenom. To me, the difference might be Chandler's ability to penetrate and involve others as a result. Also, Chandler's intellect will make him a complete player unlike any other PG in Vol history. Still, Tony was electric....I mean electric. Such a pleasure to watch him play.
Tony Harris was lightning quick but he shot us out of a lot of games, made poor game decisions, and turned it over more than someone of his skills should’ve. Sweet 16 UNC game is all you need to see.

Wow, Victor with 5 turnovers and Peppers was absolutely huge in that game. Haven't looked at that box score since the day after the game

Wow, Victor with 5 turnovers and Peppers was absolutely huge in that game. Haven't looked at that box score since the day after the game

I think 2000 UNC was the original UT basketball tournament heartbreaker then 2007 Ohio State came along. I’ve repressed every thing about that game except the last play from my memory.

I think 2000 UNC was the original UT basketball tournament heartbreaker then 2007 Ohio State came along. I’ve repressed every thing about that game except the last play from my memory.
Yeah, Oden just barely got a piece of Ramar's shot. Still, that coast to coast, Draymond Green basket after a missed free throw by Hopson, haunts me to this day, in the Michigan St. game. So close to the Final 4.

Yeah, Oden just barely got a piece of Ramar's shot. Still, that coast to coast, Draymond Green basket after a missed free throw by Hopson, haunts me to this day, in the Michigan St. game. So close to the Final 4.

Because of what happened during the regular season that didn’t rip my heart out like 2007 did. Blowing a 20 point lead like that, and you could just see it coming. Like watching something you love being murdered in slow motion

Reactions: The Dog

2000 UNC is still worse to me. Yeah we were up 20 on OSU but we weren't expected to win the game. It was a heartbreaker and techincally we choked but OSU was freakin' good and after a while I accepted the outcome.

2000 UNC, we straight up choked. UNC ended up making the FF but they were still not the UNC of old. We had them on the ropes and pissed it away. From not hitting shots, or running an offense, to jacking up shots with a ton of time on the shot clock. And Jerry did nothing to stop it. That was our best shot in probably ever to make the Final Four up to that point. After that loss I assumed we'd never make it past the Sweet 16.

2000 UNC is still worse to me. Yeah we were up 20 on OSU but we weren't expected to win the game. It was a heartbreaker and techincally we choked but OSU was freakin' good and after a while I accepted the outcome.

2000 UNC, we straight up choked. UNC ended up making the FF but they were still not the UNC of old. We had them on the ropes and pissed it away. From not hitting shots, or running an offense, to jacking up shots with a ton of time on the shot clock. And Jerry did nothing to stop it. That was our best shot in probably ever to make the Final Four up to that point. After that loss I assumed we'd never make it past the Sweet 16.
That Carolina team finished 22-14 and was 2-6 vs ranked teams in the regular season with both wins coming over #22 Purdue and #22 Maryland. They had a decent group of individual talent, but we’re not a good team and we’re over-seeded as an 8 seed because of their name. They should have probably been a 10 or 11 seed.

Here's a recent interview with Kennedy after he committed.

Thanks for sharing! I like how his father mentioned Tenn as standing out from the other schools during the recruiting process. He also was impressed with Coach English, saying he wouldn't be surprised to see him as a head coach after Kennedy's first year.

18 in the new 247 ranking. Making him a 5 star on 247 and a composite 5 star overall.

VN Store

Back