'21-'22 Vol Schedule analysis by Athlon

I didn’t see anything about ‘22 schedule?
I think we’ll go 6-6 this year. 8-4 at best

Schedule-wise, I was thinking basketball instead of football.
Meant to say 2021 schedule. For football, of course.

Reactions: SDV
Pretty decent article. Somehow his comments on South Alabama seem a cause for concern, but hopefully won’t be an issue that late in the season with enough time for us to improve.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Until we find a legit qb to make this offense run, I'm sticking with 5-7. Flip that prediction if...IF...Heupel gets a guy who can do what he wants to do offensively.

Seems most prognosticators have us between 5-7 wins. I have no idea how talented our team is, just because QB has been that bad. 5-7 till it ain't. BG, Tenn Tech, USA, Vandy, Pitt or USCe.
That's really the outlier question. We could be surprisingly decent if JH can get QB rocking. In reality, Pruitt would probably still be our coach if he could have developed a QB to perform consistently at minimum mid-tier SEC level.

I see 3 or 4 wins max more like 3. A very unstable weight program has us light years behind everyone else in the sec with the revolving door off strength coaches.

QB play will be better than the offense of JG, and it was offensive. If the O can score in the 30's or low 40's on most of teams we play, there is a realistic chance of 6-7 wins and a bowl win. We should definitely be more exciting to watch that Pruitt's pedestrian offense.

QB play will be better than the offense of JG, and it was offensive. If the O can score in the 30's or low 40's on most of teams we play, there is a realistic chance of 6-7 wins and a bowl win. We should definitely be more exciting to watch that Pruitt's pedestrian offense.
Out of conference maybe. Very little chance we consistently put up 30's or 40's on SEC teams this year.

I see only 3 games where I don't expect us to have a chance. At the same time, I see only 2 games that I'd chalk up as automatic Ws.

Would not be shocked to see anywhere from 3-9 to 8-4

That said 5-7 is my prediction
3-1 OOC
2-6 SEC (Vandy + SC)

I see 3 or 4 wins max more like 3. A very unstable weight program has us light years behind everyone else in the sec with the revolving door off strength coaches.
We should’ve won 5 SEC game last year. We are not light years behind everyone. I completely expect us to beat Vandy, South Carolina and Kentucky this season, including toss ups with Ole Miss and Mizzou.

Edit: I’ll make UK a toss up

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Until we find a legit qb to make this offense run, I'm sticking with 5-7. Flip that prediction if...IF...Heupel gets a guy who can do what he wants to do offensively.
Does anyone know what the expected "learning curve" is on CJH's offense? Is it quick to learn and perform up to expectations or will it require a couple years?

VN Store

Back