2027 recruiting

Would this be Candace Parker's daughters class?

This is going to sound crazy, but I would love for Tennessee to extend a formal offer to Lailaa right now so we could be the first to do so (assuming she doesn’t already have any offers). I know she has only fairly recently begun to show some interest in playing basketball, and she may decide it’s not the direction she wants to go. She also may turn out to be better suited for non-D1 sports — or reject sports altogether.

Regardless of her playing abilities, if I were the Lady Vols coach I’d make her an offer now and HOPE she grows into a phenomenal player. And if she doesn’t, and if she still wanted to be a Lady Vol and didn’t mind playing mop-up minutes, I’d make sure she had a spot on the roster.

Her mother playing on through TWO horrific dislocated shoulder injuries on her way to a championship earned her daughter that legacy spot!

Also, her mother dunked on the Huskies in their house. Lailaa gets to be a Lady Vol if she wants to be.

Can I get an amen?

This is going to sound crazy, but I would love for Tennessee to extend a formal offer to Lailaa right now so we could be the first to do so (assuming she doesn’t already have any offers). I know she has only fairly recently begun to show some interest in playing basketball, and she may decide it’s not the direction she wants to go. She also may turn out to be better suited for non-D1 sports — or reject sports altogether.

Regardless of her playing abilities, if I were the Lady Vols coach I’d make her an offer now and HOPE she grows into a phenomenal player. And if she doesn’t, and if she still wanted to be a Lady Vol and didn’t mind playing mop-up minutes, I’d make sure she had a spot on the roster.

Her mother playing on through TWO horrific dislocated shoulder injuries on her way to a championship earned her daughter that legacy spot!

Also, her mother dunked on the Huskies in their house. Lailaa gets to be a Lady Vol if she wants to be.

Can I get an amen?

I have a feeling the offer was extended when she was still in the womb.

I have a feeling the offer was extended when she was still in the womb.

Yeah, maybe as a fun and sweet gesture to a beloved LVFL who'd just become a new parent. But I'm not talking about a phone call to the new mom telling her the baby has an offer. I'm talking about a real, formal, official offer. Maybe next time Candace comes to Knoxville Lailaa will be with her Kellie could do it! 🧡

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, maybe as a fun and sweet gesture to a beloved LVFL who'd just become a new parent. But I'm not talking about a phone call to the new mom telling her the baby has an offer. I'm talking about a real, formal, official offer. Maybe next time Candace comes to Knoxville Lailaa will be with her Kellie could do it! 🧡
Hmmmm….. as odd as this may sound….let’s find out if the girl can ball. We know she has the DNA, but…..

Not sure Candace would want that if she is raising her to make her own decisions. Easy does yo! 🎉😘
Of course! lol I meant it as if LAILAA wants very much to be a Lady Vol, I consider it her birthright, regardless of her talent level. Come on. Don't you think that dunk her mother put on the Huskies in their house that time merits one scholly if her daughter really, really wanted it?! If you're thinking "No," keep that ish to yourself! 😂

Does anyone know what high school these girls play for ? I would like to go see them !
They are current 8th graders. Not high school yet. But Hassell plays up for her dad at Clarksville Christian Academy High School or something like that. Ayers at USJ where her mom coaches. Jules Ferrell at Westwood Middle in Manchester.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Lauren Hassell plays at Clarksville Christian High School here in Clarksville. They host Clarksville High girls on Friday, January 13th at 6pm. Clarksville High has 2024 Lady Vol offer Imari Berry. That will be a must see game for Lady Vol fans!

Reactions: PRG and CP3_LVFL

VN Store

Back