2027 recruiting

I’ll provide some FACTS to substantiate my claims rather than just flippant, off the cuff feelings from you. Foster won only 72% of his games at Vandy. That winning percentage gets much worse when only conference games are considered at a paltry 61%. In his eleven seasons, he had only two 30-win seasons and either missed the NCAAs or lost in or before the second round in three of those seasons. As for Balcomb, she is even worse. She won only 68% of her games overall and a pitiful 57% of her in conference games. She had ZERO 30 win seasons, and either missed the NCAAs or lost in or before the second round in ten of her 14 seasons. Real powerhouse numbers there!! Please stop with your stupidity!!
Your beating a dead horse ...your not going to change my thoughts on Vandy in the early 90's . Let it go lol they "Were" a powerhouse . I like how you omitted their NCAA successes and only pointed out the amount of times they lost in the early rounds etc lol . I honestly dont care im a LV fan im just stating what i believe and your not going to change it sorry.

2027s with announced offers:

Kie'Aundria Acree
Haylen Ayers
Finley Chastain

Also have seen posts showing interest to Lauren Hassell. Have not seen a post announcing an offer.

Last edited:
Sept. 1 of Junior year needs to be across the board in all NCAA sports for offers. Congratulations to the young lady.

Reactions: mcannon1
No, coaches should be able to offer a scholarship when they see fit.
There are some exceptions where advance students even enter college for academics ahead of their junior year.

No, coaches should be able to offer a scholarship when they see fit.
There are some exceptions where advance students even enter college for academics ahead of their junior year.
Florida offered a sixth grader in softball years ago, she committed. Kid is uncommitted today, almost 3 months after her 2024 class has received offers and she’s struggling. Went from #1 ranked player to not even top 150 today.

Florida offered a sixth grader in softball years ago, she committed. Kid is uncommitted today, almost 3 months after her 2024 class has received offers and she’s struggling. Went from #1 ranked player to not even top 150 today.

Okay, what are you saying?
Is she uncommitted because Florida offered her as a 6th grader?
Is she unranked now because she was offered as a 6th grader?
I would think there’s more to the story and to be clear I don’t put much credibility into recruiting rankings in any sport. I wish this student athlete and her family the best.

2027s with announced offers:

Kie'Aundria Acree
Haylen Ayers
Finley Chastain

Also have seen posts showing interest to Lauren Hassell. Have not seen a post announcing an offer.
Almost 100% positive Hassell has an offer. Hassell, Ayers and Chastain would be a ridiculous class if they can make that happen.

Okay, what are you saying?
Is she uncommitted because Florida offered her as a 6th grader?
Is she unranked now because she was offered as a 6th grader?
I would think there’s more to the story and to be clear I don’t put much credibility into recruiting rankings in any sport. I wish this student athlete and her family the best.
She wasn’t ready is the story. In numerous ways. Let down by those around her, NCAA and Florida coaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voltopia
She’s actually been playing on the high school team since 6th grade
We want Lauren Hassell...no ifs, ands, or buts about it... she is a great student as well. Her family is awesome...high integrity, elite caliber class act in every way... Lauren will play professionally. I hear equally good things about Haylen Ayers. Let's keep this in-state talent!

Let's keep this in-state talent!

73w4es.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
At last weekend's Dynamix Hoopfest (Jackson, Tn) Hassell had 21 points, 22 rebounds in a Friday game but was held to ten points on Saturday by host TCA and their two Union signees. In a Saturday game, Ayers had 37 points in a one point overtime loss. Tn girls bb guru Tim Lownsdale had some nice video of Ayers on his twitter.

Reactions: mcannon1
Lauren Hassell plays at Clarksville Christian High School here in Clarksville. They host Clarksville High girls on Friday, January 13th at 6pm. Clarksville High has 2024 Lady Vol offer Imari Berry. That will be a must see game for Lady Vol fans!
I’m going to see this game tomorrow night. I’ve never seen Lauren Hassell play in person but I played with her dad at APSU. She plays just like him in the clips I’ve seen. I’ll try to get some highlights! 😎

That 1993 UT-Vandy matchup was maybe the most hyped up regular season game I can remember. For weeks Vanderbilt was ranked #1, Tennessee was #2, both were undefeated and headed toward that collision course, and every day the local papers had soundbites from local celebrities, former Vols, Commodores, etc. leading up to the game. It was a standing room sellout crowd at Memorial Gym, to the point even the Vanderbilt Chancellor couldn't get in. Spoiler alert: Tennessee won. 😈

Vandy was arguably the program's biggest rival in the early 90's until UConn came to power, to the point both programs agreed to add a second non-conference game every season back when they only played each conference team once...
I remember that game very well. I remember people going outside to smoke and couldn't get back in.

VN Store

Back