2025 Recruiting

@VolFuture what did you think about her game?
She’s definitely young but high potential moves well has a good straight line drives. Very long on defense but does tend to leave her feet too much. She is a younger player but plays within herself definitely isn’t “doing too much” I really like her

She’s definitely young but high potential moves well has a good straight line drives. Very long on defense but does tend to leave her feet too much. She is a younger player but plays within herself definitely isn’t “doing too much” I really like her
As well she had 13p 2reb 2tos on 5-8 fg very efficient her offense is definitely way ahead of her D

True,D was lacking and the team wasn’t really good. I’d like to see her run the point. Seems like she could get to the rack at will. Her game will grow.

she is actually playing the 4 position and is probably better out on the perimeter.

As far as her D she actually had 3 crucial plays where she got out in the passing lane or doubled on the sideline with her teammate that causes turnovers at crucial points in the game

she is actually playing the 4 position and is probably better out on the perimeter.

As far as her D she actually had 3 crucial plays where she got out in the passing lane or doubled on the sideline with her teammate that causes turnovers at crucial points in the game
I standby my opinion. I’d (me) would like to see her at the 1 just to see how she’d handle running an offense. She is long and athletic. As far as D, it needs work as all young players do.

I standby my opinion. I’d (me) would like to see her at the 1 just to see how she’d handle running an offense. She is long and athletic. As far as D, it needs work as all young players do.

That's a good opinion to stand on nothing wrong with it, if you thought i was making an issue of it I wasn't. If you would like to see the offense run through her more come to VA and watch one of her HS games or keep track of her during the season on twitter. They live stream some of their games on their conference and her team relies on her to do more there. The conference she plays in is actually really tough and often times has multiple espn top 25 teams or top players on multiple teams.

As far as her D she can get better but she is pretty good now (my opinion and I stand by that). She will need to get stronger and defense is an effort thing and i think she'll continue to grow in that area.

Lauren Hurst, 6’3 wing out of Cleveland TN has picked up 3 offers from the SEC. She received an offer from Kentucky yesterday and offers from Arkansas and Mississippi State today. We had her on an unofficial visit back in the fall, but I don’t think she has an offer. She’s also an elite volleyball player. She was named the Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year as a sophomore

Lauren Hurst, 6’3 wing out of Cleveland TN has picked up 3 offers from the SEC. She received an offer from Kentucky yesterday and offers from Arkansas and Mississippi State today. We had her on an unofficial visit back in the fall, but I don’t think she has an offer. She’s also an elite volleyball player. She was named the Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year as a sophomore

I think her future is in volleyball. But she is a really good basketball player too.

2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#5 Dee Alexander
Nyla Brooks To Tennessee!
#3 Aaliyah Chavez
#1 Jasmine Davidson
#2 Zakiyah Johnson
#15 Leah Macy
#7 Deniya Prawl
#21 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#14 Janiyah Williams

Last edited:
2025s invited to the U16 USA Basketball try-outs:
The class of 2025 attendees include Darriana “Dee” Alexander, Carly Amborn, Ava Black, Zhen Craft, Aaliyah Crump, Jaliya Davis, Alexandra Eschmeyer, Nora Ezike, Kelis Fisher, Lanie Grant, Logyn Greer, Holland Harris, Marcayla Johnson, Keziah Lofton, Ayla McDowell, Aliyanha Morris, Jasmine Nivar, Keeley Parks, Bree Riley, Hailee Swain, Gabrielle White and Janiyah Williams.

2025s invited to the U16 USA Basketball try-outs:
The class of 2025 attendees include Darriana “Dee” Alexander, Carly Amborn, Ava Black, Zhen Craft, Aaliyah Crump, Jaliya Davis, Alexandra Eschmeyer, Nora Ezike, Kelis Fisher, Lanie Grant, Logyn Greer, Holland Harris, Marcayla Johnson, Keziah Lofton, Ayla McDowell, Aliyanha Morris, Jasmine Nivar, Keeley Parks, Bree Riley, Hailee Swain, Gabrielle White and Janiyah Williams.
I don’t see Nyla Brooks on the list…

Reactions: Darth_Vol
And I know she’s disappointed! Hopefully this motivates her.

I'm sure. We see this kid's videos with her grinding all the time already im sure this just gives her extra motivation. Someone at USAB DEFINITELY missed out on this one but it happens all the time.

Glad she will be a LV because she is one of the best in her class already.

VN Store

Back