2024 Transfer Portal

She said she played 10 to 11 in her rotation so if we have 15 on the bench someone is going to sit.
In prior years, everyone hated platoon subbing because players could never find a rhythm and function as a cohesive unit. Against top flight comp, bringing in an entirely new slate of players who suddenly have to jump into game speed would be disastrous.

CKC may do something like that in a few early season games (against overmatched opponents hopefully) just to assess different combinations. But when once the grind of the season sets in, I would be shocked if there is not a core rotation in place of 7-8 players established. Maybe CKC will push that up to 10 but I think that would be the upper limit.

A lot of posters seem obsessed by a video game ideal where the LVs will press like a pack of starving wolves for 40 minutes and continuously sprint up and down the court, getting a shot up every 5 seconds.

That would not be a sustainable game plan and the evidence is that no plays like that. Pressing works best in timely stretches where you catch an opponent off guard but a steady diet means good teams break your press a lot.

Good teams will find ways to control the tempo, at least in stretches, and CKC's teams will have to be able run more deliberate half court sets.

Having said that, I expect this team will play much faster and get up more shots than last years version which often operated at snails pace. But relatively faster does not mean that the games are going to be a track meet where all 15 players are passing the baton to each other,

VN Store

Back