2023 Vol Baseball - Pre-Season Awards Watchlist

TheMookieMonster

Hello Baseball Forum,

I cannot believe we've almost made it to another season of Volunteer domination of the SEC behind King Tony. I figured it would be good to track any pre-season awards watchlists as they release. I just saw this from Perfect Game. Feel free to add anything else you see as the announcements roll out.

GBO!

Remember this time 12 months ago we were beginning to worry about pitching depth and whether this Dollander kid could step up

FlutBhwX0AAkatS

I think this fits here rather than starting a new thread. D1Baseball has ranked UT as the #2 best Transfer Class of 2022 behind LSU which is pretty accurate to me.
Wow. That’s impressive. i can’t imagine if TN could have gotten a visit from Tommy White or landed Skenes. Skenes visit was right after the ND loss so I’m sure it was not the best timing. Surprised that White didn’t even visit.

Wow. That’s impressive. i can’t imagine if TN could have gotten a visit from Tommy White or landed Skenes. Skenes visit was right after the ND loss so I’m sure it was not the best timing. Surprised that White didn’t even visit.
I think Skenes was a Vol, we just got outbid…..

IIRC, White wanted to play the field vs DH. He had a .935 fielding percentage at 3rd and at 1B before injuring his shoulder and being relegated to DH. With his poor D, I don’t think TN was willing to give any assurances—especially with Burke ready to take over 1B duties. White hit 27 HRs while batting .362 as a true freshman at NC St so he will be a huge pickup for LSU.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
IIRC, White wanted to play the field vs DH. He had a .935 fielding percentage at 3rd and at 1B before injuring his shoulder and being relegated to DH. With his poor D, I don’t think TN was willing to give any assurances—especially with Burke ready to take over 1B duties. White hit 27 HRs while batting .362 as a true freshman at NC St so he will be a huge pickup for LSU.
I doubt he will play 1b at LSU either. They got a guy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Burke had 14 HR in 95 AB.
White had 27 HR in 235 AB.

Burke also batted .364 against SEC pitching.
‘I’ll take Burke.

VN Store

Back