2023 Transfer Portal - General NCAA Thread

Overall fanbase seems to want him gone. In their loss to Princeton he was 1/7 (all from 3), 2 assists, 4 TOs. Career 37%FG shooter, and then the intangibles like being very streaky and in general terrible attitude. Boswell will be starting next year.

I understand people here know more about him than I do, I’m basing most of my opinion on the two games I’ve seen him against us and his espn stat lines. It’s just a little funny to see people in this thread lusting after every 5’10” guard from Northwest Kansas Tech when there’s a guy who’s pretty proven at the higher end of college basketball because he shoots too much and gets on opponent’s nerves

I understand people here know more about him than I do, I’m basing most of my opinion on the two games I’ve seen him against us and his espn stat lines. It’s just a little funny to see people in this thread lusting after every 5’10” guard from Northwest Kansas Tech when there’s a guy who’s pretty proven at the higher end of college basketball because he shoots too much and gets on opponent’s nerves
To be fair, it sounds like he gets one EVERYBODY’S nerves, not just opponents.

Powell was proven at Auburn and sucked for us, so it’s hit or miss either way.

Jalen Cone is a good player on a 12-23 Northern Arizona team. Makes you wonder how it would translate, especially if we'd play a 5'10" shooting guard with a 5'9" (generous height) pg

Jalen Cone is a good player on a 12-23 Northern Arizona team. Makes you wonder how it would translate, especially if we'd play a 5'10" shooting guard with a 5'9" (generous height) pg

In think Cone would be ZZ's backup. Would allow Dillione to play the 2 and Mashack to play the 2 and 3. But Cone might start at the 1 until ZZ is fully healthy and, in certain matchups, both could play together (like KC and ZZ last year). This is all if we get Cone of course.

Reactions: HeadVol77

Has Tennessee contacted him or are we just posting all 600+ entries? I’m legit not trying to be a d!ck, wondering if we reached out and just aren’t listed on the link you posted? If we are posting every player that enters I would say make one for Around the NCAA and then one just for UT interest guys in this forum. JMO

I personally see him leaving Arizona as a negative. That's a blue blood, he's been there 3 seasons and has played a ton of games and minutes AND he's starting...despite his % he's barely a 10 ppg even though he's second on the team in minutes and 1st in 3 point attempts.

I'm also not sure he'd want to come here. 1. we're not going to guarantee him a starting role OR as many minutes 2. Barnes is a defense and chemistry coach if you're not helping either you won't be on the team

not sure if been posted yet

I like what I see here...

6'1" 190lbs, played in 94 games and started 82 while averaging 31.4 mpg for his career.

13.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.6 spg (but he's averaged over 16 points and 5 rebounds a game the past 2 seasons as the main starter).

Shoots 45% FG and a career 31.1% from 3 (but has been closer to 34% the past 2 seasons).

I like what I see here...

6'1" 190lbs, played in 94 games and started 82 while averaging 31.4 mpg for his career.

13.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.6 spg (but he's averaged over 16 points and 5 rebounds a game the past 2 seasons as the main starter).

Shoots 45% FG and a career 31.1% from 3 (but has been closer to 34% the past 2 seasons).

Assume he can be the primary ball handler?

The Arizona player sounds like he'd be great. Can handle the ball, distribute it, good size, makes shots, and has a passion for the game. His decision making at times may be on par with Uros but at least he brings it on the floor.

He called out his teammates in public after the loss and said they didn't play with energy or emotion vs Princeton. He said he was pissed about it and just told the truth. Estonia is in the Eastern European belt that Barnes has familiarity with. I do suspect he'll be a hot commodity. He's led the Pac 10 in assists two years in a row and in made 3s this season. Plenty will take his potential on court mouthiness for his ability to distribute and knock down shots.

VN Store

Back