2023 schedule

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Fcoy3GPWAAA4AgX

Does it seem to anyone else that the Vols start on the road far more than at home? 2022 being an exception

What makes that even worse, is if you normally start on road, it means you finish on the road as there is almost always a back-to-back weekend.

The positive, is it's more likely that you're not on the road on consecutive weekends.

The eastern teams are top loaded as there is only one team (MSU) that will bring a lot of fans to LNS

Last edited:
SEC opening weekends

2003 @ Auburn
2004 @ Starkville
2005 @ Auburn
2006 @ Starkville
2007 @ Tuscaloosa
2008 LSU in Knoxville
2009 Auburn in Knoxville

2010 @ Columbia, SC
2011 @ Lexington
2012 @ Athens
2013 @ Tuscaloosa
2014 @ Columbia, MO
2015 @ Gainesville
2016 Mississippi in Knoxville
2017 @ Starkville
2018 @ Oxford
2019 @ Auburn
2020 @ Columbia, SC (cancelled)
2021 @ Athens
2022 So Carolina in Knoxville
2023 @ Athens

That's 14 seasons and 2 home series.
21 seasons at 4 home series
Maybe the SEC is making sure they are avoiding bad weather in the northern cities- but why are the Vols going to Mizzou and Kentucky
Maybe UT is asking to start on the road
One would think the chance of hosting an SEC series any particular weekend would be close to 50%
Based on last 14 years the rate is 14% and 19% for 21 seasons.

Last edited:
I don’t think anybody will bring fans because I’m told there will be fewer general admission seats sold this year than the past two years
Hope they don’t change the atmosphere and the “hornets nest” environment too much. Surely they will continue to have a generous allotment for the students and a decent # of General Admission tix.
Candidly, I’m concerned that too much of a sway to season tix and especially “corporate” seating will lead to the “I’m there to be seen“/“wine and cheese” type of disengaged crowd. That would be a shame….

Hope they don’t change the atmosphere and the “hornets nest” environment too much. Surely they will continue to have a generous allotment for the students and a decent # of General Admission tix.
Candidly, I’m concerned that too much of a sway to season tix and especially “corporate” seating will lead to the “I’m there to be seen“/“wine and cheese” type of disengaged crowd. That would be a shame….

LOL. Awesome commercial and so true to life. Most Corporate boxes and events suck the life out of any semblance of atmosphere or home field advantage.

Many years ago I worked for one of the companies that Bruton Smith controlled. When the races were at one of his tracks, I would get invited to his suite. He was a very gracious host. Incredible food spread. Any beverage. Great view of the track...... But gentlemen were required to wear a jacket. Imagine walking into a NASCAR race in a coat and tie. My wife would always insist that we leave the suite early and go down to the stands for the end of the race.

I say no. LSU is going to be legit next year. Whoever wins that series will win 2 out of 3. No sweep for either team imo.

Could be an early season #1/#2 series that will get plenty of publicity and I would be stunned was not picked up for national broadcast all three games

Reactions: VolPack22
Could be an early season #1/#2 series that will get plenty of publicity and I would be stunned was not picked up for national broadcast all three games
I agree. The atmosphere will be great. I know LSU fans are itching for that team to get back on top.

It’s a pretty balanced SEC slate honestly. A few tough series at home and a few tough tests on the road. I would say our home slate is slightly more favorable than the road state, but not by much.

Tennessee definitely has a bullseye on their back. Everyone is marking their calendar for their series against the Vols.

A828382C-50E8-49D1-AC8F-2B98612498F3.jpeg
1F4A5972-11DD-4E0F-A9B7-9692AD9F5DE6.jpeg

VN Store

Back