2023 NBA Draft & Offseason aka Dame Time Is a Storm in Which We Are All Lost

They’d have to figure out a third team. Simons/Jurkic only salaries that would work and taking Jurkic makes no sense for Minny. They’re a team that has plenty of wings but needs an average center?

Okay I found a fun one

Portland: Towns
T-Wolves: Simons/Rozier/Cody Martin/#3 pick
Hornets: Conley/Jurkic/2025 unprotected Blazers pick/2027 top 5 protected pick

Reactions: Rifleman
Suns: You get three guys who can be role players and Rozier as Paul insurance

Hornets: You get an excellent offensive center to pair with Lamelo and Scoot and maybe can motivate to be better defensively as a key offensive figure

Minnesota traded 4 unprotected 1st rounders last year aint no way lol

Everybody was saying if it didn't look great this year, they were def looking for a KAT trade but the fact that he was hurt all year means they probably wanna give it another shot.

If they can get #3 and S&T Grant, that's probably worth 4 picks

The problem with all these deals is Charlotte may take Scoot #2.

And not sure why Memphis wants a 3rd guard that is bad at D

Because Brooks is gone and Simons can light it up from deep (also some Ja protection). You could try and trade Tyus for a wing defender

Because Brooks is gone and Simons can light it up from deep (also some Ja protection). You could try and trade Tyus for a wing defender

Tyus was in that trade.

As much as everybody hates Brooks, I saw a stat that his impact on their DRAT was about the same as JJJ and they can't afford to get worse at D. Simons is worse than Ja, if you can believe it

Little to no chance Memphis wants to be a taxpayer in 24-25.

No chance in hell they become one for Simons (for the reason you mentioned)...

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens this offseason. The new CBA is gonna change things big time. There is no flexibility at all for teams over the 2nd apron. 3 max star teams are gonna mostly cease to exist. Middle tier players are gonna feel it the most.

If you have 2 supermax players, you'll only have $50m left for the other 13 guys, and then your team can't trade picks 7 years out, can't use the MLE, can't trade a guy and take even $1 more in salary back, can't get buyout guys. All of that is over. In light of this, the KD trade seems like a really bad idea. How are they gonna fill out the rest of this roster? They're $7m away from the 2nd apron with only 7 guys under contract.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Horrible. He was so fun. Never found the right team. He should have been PG for a super team because he gets rid of the ball ASAP and then of course the 3 and D. What a shame

Trying to do a Hawks/Celtics trade is HARD

Well, I think the Hawks really want to deal Trae, but they also have too many wings, so I think they got a lot of dealing to do if they wanna grab Brown. I don't think the C's would ever take Trae. They would maybe go for Bey + Griffin + Collins/Hunter/Bogdanavich. They may not view that as enough to give up Brown, but it might be the best deal because it allows them to keep Grant, too. They may want to get off Brogdon or Smart, which would allow them to take 2 of those last 3 guys.

Well, I think the Hawks really want to deal Trae, but they also have too many wings, so I think they got a lot of dealing to do if they wanna grab Brown. I don't think the C's would ever take Trae. They would maybe go for Bey + Griffin + Collins/Hunter/Bogdanavich. They may not view that as enough to give up Brown, but it might be the best deal because it allows them to keep Grant, too. They may want to get off Brogdon or Smart, which would allow them to take 2 of those last 3 guys.

Young would be a good fit next to Tatum because they need a true guard scorer. But They’d have to trade Brown, get rid of one of Brodgon/White/Smart, find another wing for depth bc bringing back Grant puts them in tier 2 of the apron AND make salaries work. It’s hard

Young would be a good fit next to Tatum because they need a true guard scorer. But They’d have to trade Brown, get rid of one of Brodgon/White/Smart, find another wing for depth bc bringing back Grant puts them in tier 2 of the apron AND make salaries work. It’s hard

I agree that a PG upgrade is their biggest need, but do they want their offense to become the Trae Young show? I don't think so. And then they gotta deal with him on D and the personality, too. Nobody seems to like him. When Trae was clashing with coaches, we weren't even getting anonymous quotes from teammates in his defense.

I think the PG they want is probably Dame, but not sure he is available.

Could they not do Young for Brown straight up or doesn't the money work out

VN Store

Back