2023 160 Movies Challenge

firestorm

In 2023 can you watch 160 movies or more.
By watch I do mean you watch the movie outside a movie theater, or inside a movie theater.

Please list the movie along with the number, also details about the movie which could include why it’s rewatchable, pros and cons if you can without spoilers, reasons why you liked or enjoyed the movie, or reasons you hate or dislike the movie.

I’ll be posting Avatar the Way of Water later today since I watched that great sequel in a Aksarben Cinema theater on January 10, 2023.

#1 song of the south. Finally watched it. I've been reading a collection of stories by Uncle Remus. Very interesting. Disney did a great job of presenting his stories on the big screen

This is an intentional Not PC movie that couldn’t get made today.

Just over 3 movies per week? That's tough. I've already seen 7+ since the new year, but once summer and soccer season hits, it'll be tough to maintain the pace.

Newest Star Wars trilogy
Glass Onion
The Menu
Last Night in Soho
Empire Records
I know there are 1 or 2 more.

Last edited:
Reactions: firestorm
I’ll need to post my review of Avatar The Way of Water when I return from Las Vegas which will be January 26 at night.

My 2023 Las Vegas vacation with my mother is January 24-26.
I’m 37 in 2023 which is why I’m saying 2023 is the 1st year I’ve visited fabulous Las Vegas.

I visited Las Vegas before I became 38 which will be October 22, 2023.

Reactions: joevol33
LOL, wait until you retire. We watch about 7/week.

Is that a movie I’ve never heard of.

I need to see A Man called Otto, and indisputable evidence Hollywood can return to making new movies with new movie characters that is Plane a great looking action movie with Gerard Butler as a badass Airplane pilot protagonist in an extraordinary situation.

In the 80s and 90s Hollywood usually made new movies instead of remakes, reboots, or prequels.
Cobra is a Great original action movie, also Predator which is a The Most Dangerous Style movie which stands on its own, Born To Ride mostly a Top Gun style Indiana Jones era action movie except the protagonists ride Motorcycles and they are on a rescue mission in the era when Nazis existed, Tango and Cash, 48 Hours, Lethal Weapon, Marked For Death, Passenger 57, Army of 1 aka Joshua Tree, Dark Angel aka I Come In Peace, Escape From New York, The Matrix, Speed, and Drop Zone.

Is that a movie I’ve never heard of.

I need to see A Man called Otto, and indisputable evidence Hollywood can return to making new movies with new movie characters that is Plane a great looking action movie with Gerard Butler as a badass Airplane pilot protagonist in an extraordinary situation.

In the 80s and 90s Hollywood usually made new movies instead of remakes, reboots, or prequels.
Cobra is a Great original action movie, also Predator which is a The Most Dangerous Style movie which stands on its own, Born To Ride mostly a Top Gun style Indiana Jones era action movie except the protagonists ride Motorcycles and they are on a rescue mission in the era when Nazis existed, Tango and Cash, 48 Hours, Lethal Weapon, Marked For Death, Passenger 57, Army of 1 aka Joshua Tree, Dark Angel aka I Come In Peace, Escape From New York, The Matrix, Speed, and Drop Zone.
So now we have neo Nazis.

Last edited:
Just over 3 movies per week? That's tough. I've already seen 7+ since the new year, but once summer and soccer season hits, it'll be tough to maintain the pace.

Newest Star Wars trilogy
Glass Onion
The Menu
Last Night in Soho
Empire Records
I know there are 1 or 2 more.

Easy for me to get attached watching Happy Gilmore, John Wick 2, Speed, Face Off, The Rock, and multiple other movies on AMC, TNT, SyFy, etc.

I do not work today so I can post the no spoilers reviews of Catch Me If You Can, Turner and Hooch, A Man Called Otto, The Lincoln Lawyer, etc.

So far:
-City Slickers- still a fun movie as it was back then

-City Slickers 2- I've seen it as well back in the day, but it didn't live up to being a good sequel

-Roadhouse- Classic that will never die

-Red Dawn Remake- Horrible, almost didn't finish it

-Pineapple Express- still funny as hell

-Superbad- see pineapple express

-Dumb & Dumber- see pineapple express

-Rocky IV- The best of the Rockys always

-Creed & Creed II- They're good man, real good

Reactions: firestorm
So far:
-City Slickers- still a fun movie as it was back then

-City Slickers 2- I've seen it as well back in the day, but it didn't live up to being a good sequel

-Roadhouse- Classic that will never die

-Red Dawn Remake- Horrible, almost didn't finish it

-Pineapple Express- still funny as hell

-Superbad- see pineapple express

-Dumb & Dumber- see pineapple express

-Rocky IV- The best of the Rockys always

-Creed & Creed II- They're good man, real good

The Red Dawn remake actually is a faithful remake meaning they understood the main intention of the movie while still standing on it's own since the main antagonist are North Korea which makes sense given when this remake got made and released, likable main characters, and a cliffhanger ending.

That's far better than the terrible lameass remake PG-13 Robocop which doesn't have 1 great main antagonist, Tame PG-13 violence which is stupid since that's not what a Robocop movie should ever be Rated or it should not get made, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr
The Red Dawn remake actually is a faithful remake meaning they understood the main intention of the movie while still standing on it's own since the main antagonist are North Korea which makes sense given when this remake got made and released, likable main characters, and a cliffhanger ending.

That's far better than the terrible lameass remake PG-13 Robocop which doesn't have 1 great main antagonist, Tame PG-13 violence which is ianne since that's not what a Robocop movie should ever be Rated or it should not get made, etc.
I haven't checked out robocop yet, maybe I shouldn't lol. A couple of years ago, I did rent the Point Break remake and it made me puke haha.

it's sad,, really a good movie.. of course snoop dog and sleazy Gee are today's black kids' role models. I think I'd rather have uncle Remus

Jesus.

Black kids now see they can be President, and you're pining for the days when they stayed on the plantation.

Last edited:
I haven't checked out robocop yet, maybe I shouldn't lol. A couple of years ago, I did rent the Point Break remake and it made me puke haha.

You mean the movie where the super-secret undercover agent is a former Ohio State Heisman candidate?

The original Point Break, yes. That is such a damn good movie.

Oh, haha. I thought you were making fun of the original. I glossed over "remake" which I didn't know existed.

I loved the original but was sorely disappointed on a recent re-watch. It's...something.

So far this year:
1. Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (fine)
2. RRR (great)
3. Tár (amazing)
4. Causeway (fine)
5. All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) (great)
6. Triangle of Sadness (bad)
7. Aftersun (great)
8. You People (fine)
9. Bardo (fine)
10. Babylon (fine)
11. Spanglish (meh)
12. Empire of Light (meh)
13. M3gan (fine)

If you mean the terrible unnecessary PG-13 Robocop remake then most likely you'll be very disappointed much like I'm very disappointed by the abomination that is Double Dragon since it's PG-13 not Rated R, campy tone, unfaithful to the Arcade Double Dragon that Universal claim it's based on which in name only, etc.
A Rated R Hardocre violent with a serious tone and also faithful Double Dragon remake movie directed by James Cameron would be freakin great.

VN Store

Back