2022 SEC Awards

Oh the horror. Or they could just yawn like Diamond DeShields when she played an away game at Duke her freshman year at UNC.

Oh. So because ignorant people heckled Diamond and Hornbuckle it's okay to do it to anyone else. Got it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rooster1
Have any players expressed to you the mental and emotional damage it had on them? Or does it just hurt your feelings to observe it?

I just think it's sh!tty behavior, and that anyone beyond grade-school should well know better. Do you happen to be someone who heckles college athletes?

On a side note related to Aliyah, they just showed some of her Tik Tok dancing videos during a break from play, and damn....seeing her wearing non-athletic clothes really highlighted how much weight she's lost since her freshman year.

On a side note related to Aliyah, they just showed some of her Tik Tok dancing videos during a break from play, and damn....seeing her wearing non-athletic clothes really highlighted how much weight she's lost since her freshman year.

She definitely put in some hard work over the past year, and while I naturally hope our Lady Vols can find a way to win it all this year, if they don't then I hope Boston gets hers. What a story that would be, to have ended the previous season on a missed shot, then make up her mind to do everything in her power to make sure that never happened again, and then to win the natty the next season.

But after that, no more championships for Boston and SC! ONLY for Tennessee! 😂

Who do we put on Howard? Rae? Or Kaiya? Jeez, did Wynn and Miles play some outstanding defense against Alabama, or what?! They both floored me. The staff has to be extremely happy with them tonight.
OMG, yes they did. I was excited about all the minutes all the freshmen had last night. Great Confidence boosting game. They all contributed last night and allowed the primary players to save their legs for tonight's game. I think we go with what works, and RAE has played Howard really well over the last 2 seasons on the defensive end.

Reactions: lvocd
OMG, yes they did. I was excited about all the minutes all the freshmen had last night. Great Confidence boosting game. They all contributed last night and allowed the primary players to save their legs for tonight's game. I think we go with what works, and RAE has played Howard really well over the last 2 seasons on the defensive end.
I don’t believe Rae will be the Primary defender on RH, she may see some rotation there a bit, but putting her primarily in charge of watch dogging RH would probably stunt her offensive game some and tbh, she might not yet have the lateral quickness needed for a full game of that, and it would potentially put Rae in foul trouble. Let’s see what KH decides, would be surprised if she dedicated Rae to defending Howard though. Rae will be needed for offense.

UT will win this game by simply focusing on rebounding and letting Key keep the paint clean. No need to expose the best scorer to a game of covering RH. This game favors UT as long as Key stays on the floor and Rae is freed up to be Rae. UK cannot hurt UT in the paint when Key is on the floor. If there is any deviation from a regular game plan, it will likely be more of the full court press that looked so good last night.

Last edited:
I don’t believe Rae will be the Primary defender on RH, she may see some rotation there a bit, but putting her primarily in charge of watch dogging RH would probably stunt her offensive game some and tbh, she might not yet have the lateral quickness needed for a full game of that, and it would potentially put Rae in foul trouble. Let’s see what KH decides, would be surprised if she dedicated Rae to defending Howard though.
I know over the last 3 years, the name Rhyne Howard has been a focal point for Kellie. That first year Rhyne lit us up, but in year 2, with Rae playing an in-your-face type of defense on her, it slowed her down a bit. You may be right about the lateral quickness due to the knee issues Rae has sustained. I will be interested to see what defense they throw to slow Rhyne down in this game...

I know over the last 3 years, the name Rhyne Howard has been a focal point for Kellie. That first year Rhyne lit us up, but in year 2, with Rae playing an in-your-face type of defense on her, it slowed her down a bit. You may be right about the lateral quickness due to the knee issues Rae has sustained. I will be interested to see what defense they throw to slow Rhyne down in this game...
KH prob believes, rightfully so, that RH cannot beat UT on her own. She can easily match up the other 4 UK players to cut off the needed support RH would require, and if she uses her press again she can really discombobulate UK IMO. RH gets her shots no matter who is on her, KH knows that, she will have a game plan for her but will not overhaul the UT defense just for her.

It would be really hilarious if lady vol fans would show up with posters or t-shirts stating Key as the DPOY alongside her photo 😂
Make room in the Didn't Age Well Hall of Fame for this brilliant idea. Hope no one spent money on these t shirts. Someone would have been embarrassed, but it sure wouldn't have been Boston.

In answer to some posts above, no, leading the nation in blocks is not enough to be named DPOY.

Reactions: shiverz
Make room in the Didn't Age Well Hall of Fame for this brilliant idea. Hope no one spent money on these t shirts. Someone would have been embarrassed, but it sure wouldn't have been Boston.

In answer to some posts above, no, leading the nation in blocks is not enough to be named DPOY.
Blocking shots wasn’t all that she did. She changed the way teams played against Tennessee. And No1 would have been embarrassed other than you with your embarrassing reply

Reactions: ruvol

VN Store

Back