2022 position changes for Beckwith, Whitehead, and Bell?

Berry4Heisman14

Will we ever be relevant again?
I played HS ball vs a RB that the world recruited. His position coach his jr year took a job as head coach at another school defore his senior year. The coach told us that summer “if you stick him good, he’ll quit”. Well we played him early his senior year and he ran wild in first Qtr. On a KO before half, one of our LBers hit him straight up real good. He was finished for the game.

This guy signed with a school we all love dearly and played early on in his career until he quit. Yes, it happens.
Sounds like Devante Borque

BACKDOC

You know that one day you look up and a player like Bell is being drafted as a Athletic OT. Be interesting as he grows in Strength Program and UT Training Table if this happens. In CHRIST Alone
You don't usually go from WR, (where he played in HS) to OT.

jsc1973

I played HS ball vs a RB that the world recruited. His position coach his jr year took a job as head coach at another school defore his senior year. The coach told us that summer “if you stick him good, he’ll quit”. Well we played him early his senior year and he ran wild in first Qtr. On a KO before half, one of our LBers hit him straight up real good. He was finished for the game.

This guy signed with a school we all love dearly and played early on in his career until he quit. Yes, it happens.
Back in the mid-1990s, I was covering a high school team that had a conference rival with a running back who had committed to Nebraska on it. He had the same reputation, though. If you hit him good, he didn't want to play. They had a rematch in the playoffs and on the first play of the game, this guy got the ball, and a linebacker on our team got into the backfield and just cold-cocked him, and as he got up, said "It's gonna be like that all night!"

I think he ended up with something like six yards on 12 carries, and his team lost badly. And he never did anything with the Huskers, as you might imagine. Ended up transferring to another school.

Some kids just don't like the physical aspect of football. They might play because it's their ticket to a better life, or because someone pressures them into playing, but you can be successful in football, up to a point, even if you don't like contact.

majinVol

Why in the world do we need at least 5 TEs on scholarship? We only get 85 scholarships total. It’s absurd to use 5 of them on a position that this offense only utilizes 1 of…often there are no TEs on the field in this offense. Tennessee only used 2 all season. Four is more than enough for this offense.
I'd prefer 6-8 on the roster at any given time. Go back and watch Heupals offenses before Tennessee he likes and uses TEs more then he used them this year and that's because we were extremely limited at the position. Not because he doesn't use them. We only used Fant and Warren because that's essentially all we had. True freshman TEs rarely make any kind of impact or play much. So there was never really a reason to count on Nixon, Campbell or Bell to appear much this year. The H back is also gonna be more relevant in this offenses future and there will definitely be more Ace formations in the future especially when TEs are more valuable in the middle game to open spacing, which is what this offense is all about

wmcovol

You do need more than 3. Teams use 2 TE sets regularly and a 3rd TE or H can fill the slot of a fullback in short yardage. I think 4 at least is needed.

Commish14

Walter Payton would run into contact rather than step out of bounds, to get that extra yard. You never know how important that might turn out to be. And his philosophy was to be the one who delivered the hit.
Earl Campbell knew no other way than to "like contact" and run over or through an opponent. It was too much of a loss of effort trying to avoid them. Abusive North and South ball running !!

Majors

I see Dee looking at other schools to get on the field. Turning into another Rod Wilks and time isn't stopping for him for him to find a spot and be productive.

VN Store