2022 playoff picks

sunnyvol79

Tennessee Vol till I die
I got Georgia, Bama and Ohio St. and Oklahoma. Who you got?

Last edited:
Utah will lose one they shouldn’t imo. I would say Clemson, Bama, GA and Ohio state. I dislike all four teams w a passion.

I think Michigan will lose to buckeyes and Oklahoma will lose one they shouldn’t. I’m assuming Dabo will figure out the QB situation as their offense gave them fits last season, yet only three losses. UGA and Bama are loaded with talent and depth.

The SEC will be a two team race until A&M, LSU, FL, or UT closes the talent gap. The talent and depth discrepancy is more than I realized.

Tennessee
Bama
Texas
Penn State

It's the first earthquake of the tectonic shift from one set of blue blood dynasties (Bama-Clemson-Ohio State-Oklahoma) to another.

Saban retires at the end of the season. He says it's because he does not approve of the direction college football is taking with NIL, portal, etc. But we all know it's because Tennessee whupped his butt in the SEC CG and then he lost to Penn State in the first round of the CFP.

Haha! A fella can dream, can't he?

Go Vols!

Nobody wants to see another Georgia-Bama national game rematch but it’s a very good chance it happens again. Personally I would put them against each other in the semi final round to avoid that. We all know Oklahoma and Ohio St. will choke again.

Who in their right mind thinks that the Sooners are going to get in?If thar's the case,let Notre ZDame in to getcurb-stomped again.

I think Bama and Ohio State are pretty much a lock but the other 2 spots are really up for grabs. You could probably throw 6 or 7 teams in the running for those other 2 spots.
UGA(how good will the D be after losing all that talent?)
USC(they will be as good as anybody on offense but will their D be any good?)
Clemson(how will their QB play?)
Norte Dame
Utah
Texas A&M
Oregon
Michigan

I’m going with Bama,OSU,UGA and Clemson

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Bama and Ohio State are my only locks right now. I think UGA is going to stumble and I don’t think aTm has a championship worthy QB.

If Notre Dame goes 11-1 w/ a close loss to Ohio State to start the season and then finishes the regular season w/ a win over USC I could see them getting in.

1. Bama
2. Ohio State

#12 Vols vs #11 NC State in Orange Bowl

Off-topic, but don't know where to put this quote. In regard to the NIL..

“All of that group toward the top of the collective rankings, so to speak, they’re all in that group. It’s Texas, [Texas] A&M, Miami, Tennessee, Florida, Nebraska, USC. All those teams are the same. … They have passionate fan bases and really rich donors who are kind of almost [feeling] a little desperation, too, element there. They’re all kind of in that group.”

Bama, UGA, Ohio State, Utah

Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Clemson, A&M are on the bubble. USC is the wild card. They were so terrible last year, though, I don’t think they can make that big of a jump in 1 year, but PAC-12 is wide open after this year.

And a note on the Michigan Latrines, who I have the misfortune of living 20 minutes from. Their fans think they’re going to become a perennial playoff team. Lol. They will regress. Overall record will be solid because their schedule is a joke (Tennessee’s schedule is twice as hard if not more), but they will fail hard down the stretch. I think both States beat them and they drop one against Iowa or something. That will give me great joy. Michigan fans are garbage and they deserve to suffer.

Off-topic, but don't know where to put this quote. In regard to the NIL..

“All of that group toward the top of the collective rankings, so to speak, they’re all in that group. It’s Texas, [Texas] A&M, Miami, Tennessee, Florida, Nebraska, USC. All those teams are the same. … They have passionate fan bases and really rich donors who are kind of almost [feeling] a little desperation, too, element there. They’re all kind of in that group.”
Yes, all those schools have been down and are being the most aggressive with NIL. Most of the current winners are taking more cautious approach with NIL at this moment in time. They aren't paying big money to unproven players yet because of the potential disruption on their winning teams/cultures in the locker room and hesitancy to come out in the open with all their financial assets because of uncertainty with how long the wild west will last. It's not like Bama, or certainly Ohio State or Georgia don't have money. If it becomes clear the wild west will last longer than another cycle or two, everyone will go all-in.

Nobody wants to see another Georgia-Bama national game rematch but it’s a very good chance it happens again. Personally I would put them against each other in the semi final round to avoid that. We all know Oklahoma and Ohio St. will choke again.
Georgia has had its once in 4 decades run. The wheels come off again this season. It’s one thing to make it to the top. It’s an entirely different level of achievement to stay there. And as much as I hate to admit it, Saban is the only one to have done that

Georgia has had its once in 4 decades run. The wheels come off again this season. It’s one thing to make it to the top. It’s an entirely different level of achievement to stay there. And as much as I hate to admit it, Saban is the only one to have done that
I guess you are choosing to ignore the fact that Georgia has played for a National Championship 2 out of the first 6 Years of Kirby being hired and he has the 4th highest winning percentage of active coaches. They have consistently been in the top 3 in recruiting to the point, like Alabama, they reload not rebuild. I guess you are right though...gerogia is a one hit wonder.

I guess you are choosing to ignore the fact that Georgia has played for a National Championship 2 out of the first 6 Years of Kirby being hired and he has the 4th highest winning percentage of active coaches. They have consistently been in the top 3 in recruiting to the point, like Alabama, they reload not rebuild. I guess you are right though...gerogia is a one hit wonder.
Do you understand the meaning of the word „top“? As in Number ONE. Not number TWO. Not Number THREE. Not Number FOUR.
Please do at least TRY to keep up

Do you understand the meaning of the word „top“? As in Number ONE. Not number TWO. Not Number THREE. Not Number FOUR.
Please do at least TRY to keep up
It will be hard for Georgia to repeat just because it’s hard for any team to do it. No team has gone back to back in the playoff era and even Saban has only done it once. Georgia is still set up nicely for a playoff run though and they don’t have to win the SEC title to get there but saying that I hope we beat their azz in Athens this season.

It will be hard for Georgia to repeat just because it’s hard for any team to do it. No team has gone back to back in the playoff era and even Saban has only done it once. Georgia is still set up nicely for a playoff run though and they don’t have to win the SEC title to get there but saying that I hope we beat their azz in Athens this season.
They built a once in a generation defense that masked a fairly pedestrian offense. This year they will not have that luxury

VN Store

Back