2022 NCAA Regionals and SUPER REGIONALS Discussion Thread (excluding Knoxville Super Regional)

Because he is a stud of a coach. This will mark his 6th time getting to the CWS. He is the only coach in TCU history to make the CWS, and he did it 5 times. Dude just knows how to manage a baseball team at an elite level and can sell himself pretty easily. Now that he is in the SEC he can also sell playing in the best conference in America.
I used cull meaning to cut guys. He obviously had to make room some how to get that many transfers and pulling scholarships is against NCAA rules. Ask Greg Goff how that philosophy worked out for him at Bama after 1 year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I hope you are right!
We are in a good place at the moment. I don't see any let up. I maybe wrong but I don't think so....CTV trajectory is still rising. Will they have the season they had this year, I am not sure but they will always be a solid club under CTV capable of being in the hunt....

I used cull meaning to cut guys. He obviously had to make room some how to get that many transfers and pulling scholarships is against NCAA rules. Ask Greg Goff how that philosophy worked out for him at Bama after 1 year.
Happens in football and basketball all the time. You just tell the players how much playing time they can expect to have with you leading the team. You can either choose to stay and ride the bench or transfer somewhere else for more playing time. He didn’t pull any scholarships.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Happens in football and basketball all the time. You just tell the players how much playing time they can expect to have with you leading the team. You can either choose to stay and ride the bench or transfer somewhere else for more playing time. He didn’t pull any scholarships.
Running guys off is defacto pulling scholarships. A great coach is one who inherits a roster and makes them better. That’s what CTV did; 12 guys from the 7-21 2017 team were contributors on the 2019 team or beyond, as were 5 2018 recruits he inherited; mostly the lower rated ones at that. Schloss changed their program around no doubt and deserves credit for it but he didn’t improve the AM team from 2021, he cleaned house and started over. If that’s what he’s good it at so be it but it’s a crappy way to do it IMO.

The chaos in college baseball is wild. Of the 6 teams that are thus far off to the CWS, only 2 are national seeds (top 16): A&M (5) and TX (9). There will be 1 more in barn (14) or Oregon St (3), but could be 1 more unseeded team if UConn beats the tree (2).

This postseason unfortunately played out much like last year, in which the top ranked overall seed from the SEC Arky lost game 3 of the supers after having a strong offensive showing in game 1 (ours was in game 2), while the 2nd highest ranked SEC (Vols) made the CWS along with some unseeded SEC teams.

Running guys off is defacto pulling scholarships. A great coach is one who inherits a roster and makes them better. That’s what CTV did; 12 guys from the 7-21 2017 team were contributors on the 2019 team or beyond, as were 5 2018 recruits he inherited; mostly the lower rated ones at that. Schloss changed their program around no doubt and deserves credit for it but he didn’t improve the AM team from 2021, he cleaned house and started over. If that’s what he’s good it at so be it but it’s a crappy way to do it IMO.
So if you take a house that’s a dump and completely flip it into something beautiful did you improve it?

Btw Vitello has 44 players on his roster currently. Jim Schlossnagle currently has 38. There’s a lot more than 18 players on a team…

I love Tony and think he is the best coach in America but I can give credit to other coaches without a disclaimer.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
If Schloss could do it at TCU, he could do it at a larger school. A lot of the players came from the 2 schools the pitching coach (Yeske) and the hitting coach came from. So, prior relationships.

Schloss has coveted the A&M job for years. The old AD hired Childress from Nebraska even though there were many who thought it was a bad hire.

Dude can coach and can bring in talent.

To get the team playing the way they are is amazing - they really started to gel in the LSU series. I think his attention to detail is what makes him elite. The hitters have an approach at the plate, the pitchers have an approach when pitching, etc.

Reactions: VolPack22
I'm so happy that Auburn beat the Beavs. They've been chirping about us all year and they didn't get to Omaha either. Good riddance lol

Every SEC team that made the super regionals made it to Omaha except for Tennessee.
We’ll see how much damage ND does. I believe they’re one of the tougher teams in. Maybe people will see why it was a tough path for the Vols.
I try to be an optimistic person, so I look at it as a young coach and freshman pitcher both experiencing teaching moments 😂

Not just that but all 4 SEC teams are from the SEC West. That's just wild. Plus both Big 12 teams will be in the SEC soon.

Reactions: oz615
Arkansas could be included in that stat^^
Yes it was said on SECN in context of talking about Arkansas. If you’re the overall #1 seed, chances are you have a good returning team (you don’t suddenly fall off a cliff) and they learn from the mistakes prior and likely play looser. As good as we were, the pressure was on us (Arkansas last year) not ND or NCSU; those teams are playing with house money and nothing to lose.

Yes it was said on SECN in context of talking about Arkansas. If you’re the overall #1 seed, chances are you have a good returning team (you don’t suddenly fall off a cliff) and they learn from the mistakes prior and likely play looser. As good as we were, the pressure was on us (Arkansas last year) not ND or NCSU; those teams are playing with house money and nothing to lose.
Y

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Happy Flag Day!

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

VN Store

Back