2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

Jalen Brunson and Miles Bridges gonna be awesome to help us get the 5th seed in 2024!

So Portland can still trade #7 for Collins. This morning, their forward lineup was as bleak as it gets (Winslow and Little) and we could be talking about them having Grant and Collins by tomorrow. I don't think they would make a splash in the west next year, but they'd be interesting.

Reactions: The Dog
The only way I’ll be happy is if Detroit gets like the 13th pick and takes Gordon Hayward’s contract with the extra cap room. If it’s too sign two mid tier RFA’s, I’m gonna be livid

So Portland can still trade #7 for Collins. This morning, their forward lineup was as bleak as it gets (Winslow and Little) and we could be talking about them having Grant and Collins by tomorrow. I don't think they would make a splash in the west next year, but they'd be interesting.

The question is which contracts go back if they trade for Collins. They used their entire trade exception on Grant.

Is it Dame Time again?

Twice a day every day

oh-goodie.gif

Two thoughts about the Detroit thing. We know they didn't want him long term and probably couldn't get more now. A 2025 draft pick will time up nicely with Cade's next contract. Gives them juice to make a big move before they get that on the books.

I think Murray is a very nice player, but it just seems like star PG's who can't shoot present high floors and low ceilings. Tying a lot of your cap space to this type of player is not a great strategy for contending. I would definitely trade him for three 1sts + two pick swaps + a 2018 George Hill quality player, if I were the Spurs. They gotta hit the bullseye on two more picks before their roster is anything to be excited about, and they're too good to get into the high lottery, so they're probably just gonna tread water with Murray for the next few years.

Elfrid Payton is so much better than Cam Payne in almost every facet of playing PG, but Payne plays in the playoffs (despite looking awful) and Payton sits, ultimately because Payton can't shoot.

Murray and Trae on the same team, just doesn't work. Other than opening up Trae for some more open 3's, I don't get it, they both want/need the ball in their hands, a little less than Russ and LeBron, but just a bad fit, imo

Murray and Trae on the same team, just doesn't work. Other than opening up Trae for some more open 3's, I don't get it, they both want/need the ball in their hands, a little less than Russ and LeBron, but just a bad fit, imo

Yeah, he doesn't make sense for Atlanta. Maybe they think they need to move Trae off ball a lot more, but this doesn't seem like the answer.

VN Store

Back