2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

Rudy on a terrible contract literally just went for 4 1st rounders and 4 guys who can play in the playoffs....Ainge always wins trades because he aims high and he's patient. I would be surprised if he went for 6 picks but we were all floored by the Gobert trade.
It was an overpay by the Wolves but they also were able to get Gobert without giving up any core pieces. Vanderbilt was the best player the Jazz got back and he’s probably at his best coming off the bench playing about 20 minutes a night. The 2027 and 2029 picks will be the picks to watch that could backfire on the Wolves. If the Wolves are still a playoff team at that point i won’t view it as much of an overpay.

It was an overpay by the Wolves but they also were able to get Gobert without giving up any core pieces. Vanderbilt was the best player the Jazz got back and he’s probably at his best coming off the bench playing about 20 minutes a night. The 2027 and 2029 picks will be the picks to watch that could backfire on the Wolves. If the Wolves are still a playoff team at that point i won’t view it as much of an overpay.

These Jazz trades will turn me into the devil because I will be rooting for everyone on the T-Wolves to get injured, LOL. If Gobert gets hurt and they're rolling out KAT, Ant, and D-Lo with basically no bench, the pick next year could be pretty good.

These Jazz trades will turn me into the devil because I will be rooting for everyone on the T-Wolves to get injured, LOL. If Gobert gets hurt and they're rolling out KAT, Ant, and D-Lo with basically no bench, the pick next year could be pretty good.

The bench is still solid with Prince, Slow Mo, and Nowell. Guys like McLaughlin, Naz Reid, Forbes, and Rivers can fill in when needed. That’s not including Jaden McDaniels who is one of the core pieces moving forward and potentially an all nba defender. They also have a couple rookies to develop in Wendell Moore and Josh Minott.

LOL

“I know for a fact he’s [Shareef O’Neal] Giannis Antetokounmpo with a jump shot. But you know what makes Giannis different from every other player? His motor… full speed every time. His motor is, ‘I’m getting the ball, I’m dunking on you, I’m running you over, I don’t care who’s in the way." - Shaq

Draymond's been saying he'll link up with Lebron if he doesn't get maxed by the Warriors. I thought it was 100% posturing, but now I hear they are super tight and they spend a lot of the offseason together. If anybody were to walk away from a big stack to take less $ on principle (a principle as flimsy as "this team isn't paying me as much as they can"), it might be Draymond.

Draymond's been saying he'll link up with Lebron if he doesn't get maxed by the Warriors. I thought it was 100% posturing, but now I hear they are super tight and they spend a lot of the offseason together. If anybody were to walk away from a big stack to take less $ on principle (a principle as flimsy as "this team isn't paying me as much as they can"), it might be Draymond.
Draymond is not a max player.

Draymond is not a max player.

I think they would gladly pay him max for this upcoming season. He has that much value to them. But he would be getting a 5-year max starting in 2 years, in 2024-25. He'll be 34 that season. Makes no sense.

Dude thinks he‘s Leb****, but he hasn’t won jack by himself.

298382399_5298613193540030_6240639049701747315_n.jpg

In my 2 trips to Asia, my impression was that KD was the most popular player. He was everywhere in ads...so does he want to lose access to the 2nd biggest NBA market in the world?

1660575794892.png

KD squashed it already. Stein is stupid for reporting that. Even if an exec really said that, it's pure speculation. That's not real journalism. That's aggregator ****

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

VN Store

Back