2022 GA OL Mo Clipper Commits

An offensive lineman with the last name “Clipper?” He’s essentially begging to have a penalty flag thrown at him for that reason. 😂

This year will be a recruiting year like no other. This class has, in most cases, no Junior film, no camps. As camps resume and with the upcoming HS season, you’re going to see a lot of “unknown” or lesser ranked guys shoot up in the rankings. Happens every year, but I think this year will be crazy with some of the movement as kids get exposure again.

Each school only has a limited number of scholarships as you no doubt know. It's around 25 per year give or take a few due to various accounting tricks, however they "offer" tons more than that. In recruiting, contrary to every day language an "offer" is basically a way of saying we are interested in you and will let you commit when we say you can. Schools have to manage it that way, because if they need 2 quarterbacks in the next class, they would be dumb to only recruit 2 guys because that would be putting their eggs all in those baskets and what if those guys went somewhere else? Instead they cast a wider net and offer 10-15 in hopes they at least get 2 out of that number. Not all of the scholarships are committable at the same time because what if they all committed at once? You wouldn't take 15 quarterbacks in your 25 man class.

It's not an exact science telling what a school's interest level is but following the visits, i.e., see where the recruit is visiting regularly is a good indicator of what schools are pressing the kid for a commitment versus which ones the kid is a back up plan or a back up-back up plan for. Sometimes a kid can have a commitable offer that eventually becomes uncommitable because the school finds a comparable player who is willing to go ahead and commit and they decide to take the comparable player and the spot is gone. Uncommitable offers become commitable all the time when a school strikes out with someone higher on their board and then is ready to take the back up kid. Some kids are willing to wait because they really want to go to a certain school. Sometimes schools are willing to keep a commitable offer open the whole time because the player is that elite and desirable to the school. I imagine Walter Nolen is in that elite category for us and others. Recruiting is an ugly game sometimes. Schools and recruits are both trying to get the best available option and hoping not to be left standing when the music stops.
Thanks for the explanation. I was aware of the phenomena you described, but had never heard the phrase commitable offer before. But I get it now.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
There is a reason Kirby falls on his goofy face over and over again. He values stars over talent.
So you think high profile guys like Kirby recruit from a recruitings ranking chart?

I don't think he's everything he's made out to be, but they are the king of the east and expected to be in the playoffs each year. Whereas, we're hoping not to lose to Vandy, Ky, Mo, and SC

VN Store

Back