2022 Fall Practice #4

maybe he is. Just doesn’t look like he’s moving fast when I watch him lol
I think that indecisiveness was mistaken by a lot of folks for a lack of speed. It did keep making him look slow at times. But in reality he isn’t slow. It was more of not seeing the whole quick enough type of deal. And for a true freshman that can happen. He did seem to get better toward the end of the year. I think they would have loved to have been able to redshirt him last year. I expect him to be much improved this year. I hope he can stay healthy. GBO

I think that indecisiveness was mistaken by a lot of folks for a lack of speed. It did keep making him look slow at times. But in reality he isn’t slow. It was more of not seeing the whole quick enough type of deal. And for a true freshman that can happen. He did seem to get better toward the end of the year. I think they would have loved to have been able to redshirt him last year. I expect him to be much improved this year. I hope he can stay healthy. GBO
That very well could be the issue.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I know he is not slow. He just looked like a Freshman playing Big time football when he wasn't quite ready. He was hesitant and at times, timid. With new found confidence, the burst and decisiveness will come. Stick that outside foot in the ground and get upfield!
He was thinking too much last year. The cognitive process goes much faster with experience and comfort. That means he can play faster.

FYI. Kyler Kerbyson is going to a practice this week. He'll post his podcast on YT next Wednesday. Based on his practice observation videos from last year and this Spring, you'll get a TON of detail. Way more than the media folks. He'll do a solid breakdown of position groups, individual players, and practice as a whole.

EDIT: It's call Bleav in Tennessee Football on YT for those interested.
Great podcast. I listen to it regularly

FYI. Kyler Kerbyson is going to a practice this week. He'll post his podcast on YT next Wednesday. Based on his practice observation videos from last year and this Spring, you'll get a TON of detail. Way more than the media folks. He'll do a solid breakdown of position groups, individual players, and practice as a whole.

Great podcast. I listen to it regularly

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The more and more I hear about him, the more I think Bru McCoy is going to be an absolute monster. Like hearing that Haddens injury isn’t serious. I really hope the secondary takes a huge step forward this year along with the pass rush. Young and Baron have big time potential. They could be 2nd or 3rd best ends duo in the SEC.

They do a great job at calling it like it is... No biased to please anyone... Refreshing intake for sure!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Feel its gonna be Hadden and Charles at corner... Turnage at Star... Flowers and Tank at safety... Slaughter is undersized but can see him replacing Tank if he doesnt progress early

I really hope this is the year Hyatt puts it all together. I've been really pulling for that kid since he got here. He has the talent. Need him to show it on the field.
If he wants to make good money for his rookie contract at the next level he needs to explode in stats which also means we need to go 10-2.

Honestly, I think the biggest take away from this is the comment that balls thrown by Hooker and Milton rarely hit the ground. Under Pruitt, it was alarming how often the QB’s and receivers couldn’t connect in practice which then carried over to games.

VN Store

Back