2022 CFP National Championship Game Thread: UGA -vs- Alabama

Doubt we beat Georgia or Bama before 2030
Think about that...if the streak against Alabama lasts until 2030 that would be 23 losses in a row.

Even more embarrassing about the current 15-loss streak is the fact that only 2 of the games (2009, 2015) have been close, and they've won those 15 games by an average of almost 4 TDs (26 points).

It is also wild to remember that Alabama only led the all-time series by 5 games (43-38-8) before this run started. It's hard to believe it was ever that close at one point.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Think about that...if the streak against Alabama lasts until 2030 that would be 23 losses in a row.

Even more embarrassing about the current 15-loss streak is the fact that only 2 of the games (2009, 2015) have been close, and they've won those 15 games by an average of almost 4 TDs (26 points).

It is also wild to remember that Alabama only led the all-time series by 5 games (43-38-8) before this run started. It's hard to believe it was ever that close at one point.
. Yep only a 5 win difference it seems like it’s been ages ago now. We may beat them again one day but it won’t be while Saban is there.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Georgia fans are hilarious when it comes to Stetson Bennett. They respect him but also don’t respect him. Some think that the 5 star QBs waiting behind him are better and might beat him out for the starting job this year.
Georgia fans are mostly idiots, at least the message board variety. I thought all year that Stetson Bennett was better than J.T. Daniels, I don't know why so many of them were so infatuated by Daniels. That guy was a statue and made of glass. They were damn lucky they had Stetson, it would have been hilarious if he had left them after the season. I would have if I was him the way they talked about him.

Reactions: VolInNW
Georgia fans are mostly idiots, at least the message board variety. I thought all year that Stetson Bennett was better than J.T. Daniels, I don't know why so many of them were so infatuated by Daniels. That guy was a statue and made of glass. They were damn lucky they had Stetson, it would have been hilarious if he had left them after the season. I would have if I was him the way they talked about him.
I was firmly behind Stetson week in and week out. Until the Cocktail Party. And I began to have me doubts. He was the best qb that nobody wanted. Week after week he proved his detractors wrong. "He cant throw the long ball." "Hes a good game manager, but he can't win a Natty." "Hes another A.J. McCarron". "Kirby thinks you can still win with defense." "Its no longer 2012, you gotta have an elite qb or your not gonna win a shootout vs Bama." Fans want a guy who can put up 300+ every game, and occasionally see a 400 yard spectacle. Funny, but both Matthew Stafford and Joe Burrow averaged less than 300 ypg. Both are playing in the Super Bowl. After the SECCG, I confess I was among the crowd who said Stet was not the answer. Give JT a shot. He had the stars. Was Kirby gonna let Justin Fields slip through his fingers, AGAIN? No way JT stays if he ain't playin. And what about that loaded qb room? How many guys will Kirby lose outta there if he stubbornly sticks to his guns on SBIV?
Well, I was wrong. Kirby was vindicated, although with the defensive performance UGA put on in the Natty, JT would have won too. The latest 5 star they have coming in has an elite arm. He launches it 55 yards, no problem. But he is ugly raw. No way would I hand him the keys to my offense. We'll know in a couple months if one of the other qbs in the room can wrestle the job away from Stetson. If not, how can a UGA fan feel bad about going into 2022 with the returning 2021 Championship qb in command? Trust me, it wont take long for the natives to start pounding on the drums again.
I love this game.

VN Store

Back