2022 CFP National Championship Game Thread: UGA -vs- Alabama

And he’s still the most underachieving coach in sports.
Took him 6 years to win a title, took him 2 to play for another. He’s been to ATL 4x in 6 years, Fulmer made it 4x his entire career, Richt 5. The only game Kirby lost that’s a complete head scratcher and choke was Scar and it didn’t cost him a shot at ATL or a chance at a playoff appearance.

It’s his job to recruit, that’s part of coaching! If anyone can do it we’d have rotating recruiting class champions every year, but we don’t. Nobody is arguing that it’s not easier to win if your players are better, that’s so understood it doesn’t require mentioning. But when his job description includes getting those players, he’s doing his job better than others. Heupel better get some of those down the line because the scheme is only going to take him so far.

Georgia sells itself. Next question.

Took him 6 years to win a title, took him 2 to play for another. He’s been to ATL 4x in 6 years, Fulmer made it 4x his entire career, Richt 5. The only game Kirby lost that’s a complete head scratcher and choke was Scar and it didn’t cost him a shot at ATL or a chance at a playoff appearance.

And his only title came from a depleted team he played against. Doesent prove he’s better than anyone. It’s just a matter of the ball rolling his way when it mattered.

Reactions: wmcovol
Lol, your opinion and mine will always be different.

In your opinion Larry Coker had to scratch and claw his way to getting the most out of arguably the most talented team ever.

That is the point your making.

That’s a false equivalence, and a pretty good one.

Larry Coker walked into a situation someone else built.

Kirby built UGA himself.

That’s about as lazy an argument I’ve seen you make here. 🤣

That’s a false equivalence, and a pretty good one.

Larry Coker walked into a situation someone else built.

Kirby built UGA himself.

That’s about as lazy an argument I’ve seen you make here. 🤣

Kirby built UGA? I’m certain he walked in the ground work Richt left.

The point is neither coach has to scratch, claw, or beg guys to get them to play their best.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC

The point is neither coach has to scratch, claw, or beg guys to get them to play their best.

How many national titles did Richt play for?

Kirby took UGA to another level.

The Coker comparison was absurd.

And your last sentence is entirely untrue, as it suggests even elite talent doesn’t require coaching or motivation.

And your last sentence is entirely untrue, as it suggests even elite talent doesn’t require coaching or motivation.

It doesent. It’s a matter of do your job. It’s not like guys are playing out of position.

Congrats to Georgia fans and Stetson Bennett. Looking forward to our day in the sun again. Good to see Bama lose a big game or two.

You’d have to put one by ours in 1998 too - FSU had to play a backup QB because Chris Weinke was hurt. Injuries happen. A win is a win.
Lol FSU didn’t beat us then get to play us 2 weeks later with a depleted roster. We also won that baby with no Jamal and a hurt Al Wilson….Georgia winning this is bad for TN.

It's sour grapes because we don't have that kind of roster.

If it's not purely sour grapes, then it is as though people who use that argument don't see recruiting as much talent as possible to be part of a college football coach's job. It's like the players that you have are irrelevant, and if you are a "good coach" then you'll win titles regardless of the players on the team. When these guys say "I'm not impressed with Coach X because he always has the best players" I'm like "No s**t; isn't that the point?"

How many little engines that could win national titles? I mean, has it ever happened?

I have to disagree. Mark Richt did pretty good job getting recruits which is easy to do with talent in that state. However it was not what most people thought it could be. For years most of us knew if fhey get the right guy that like Louisiana you can build a roster from there and go sprinkle in 6 or 7 of the nations best and be a dominant force.

Kirby has went and built UGA like Saban. Literally went and loaded the trenches with the best of the best. That year that Cade Mays committed there the ratings of the offensive line players was crazy. Then started stock piling defensive players.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

VN Store

Back