2022 CFP National Championship Game Thread: UGA -vs- Alabama

When you take into consideration he doesn’t have to motivate or coach up all that elite talent, you’re absolutely right. 😁

It is kind of funny isn't it? Turns out the two worst coaches in America wind up playing for the National Championship because somehow (probably all cheating, because who would want to play for these two, right?) a lot of elite players went to play at Alabama and Georgia.

Reactions: CigarDawg
It is kind of funny isn't it? Turns out the two worst coaches in America wind up playing for the National Championship because somehow (probably all cheating, because who would want to play for these two, right?) a lot of elite players went to play at Alabama and Georgia.

To be fair, today I learned Saban is not the worst coach. However he is mediocre based on his .500 record in national title games. If he was any good, he’d be undefeated in the big game with 10 national titles.

But now Kirby…he’s just sitting back and allowing those elite recruits to motivate and coach themselves. Clearly he’s just a hack making the most of great talent.

Last edited:
To be fair, today I learned Saban is not the worst coach. However he is mediocre based on his .500 record in national title games. If he was any good, he’d be undefeated in the big game with 10 national titles.

But now Kirby…he’s just sitting back and meeting those elite recruits motivate and coach themselves. Clearly he’s just a hack making the most of great talent.

So clear to me now. Kirby would be mediocre but is worse because he cannot beat Saban in SEC Championship game, which I have learned on this thread, is more important than the CFP Final.

iu

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

But now Kirby…he’s just sitting back and allowing those elite recruits to motivate and coach themselves. Clearly he’s just a hack making the most of great talent.
Yep. It would have been better for him to have just not made the title game than to be a mediocre .500 in them. What an overrated bum, especially when you consider he always has more talent than the opponent.

Two extremely mediocre coaches who can’t win the big game every time they play in it.

That’s just unacceptable.
Even more damning, since 2015, when 247 sports began compiling their "team talent composite" annually, Bama has had the nation's most talented team 5 of 7 seasons, but only has 3 national championships in that time period. So it's basically science that no one does less with more than Nick Saban.

2015 College Football Team Talent Composite

Even more damning, since 2015, when 247 sports began compiling their "team talent composite" annually, Bama has had the nation's most talented team 5 of 7 seasons, but only has 3 national championships in that time period. So it's basically science that no one does less with more than Nick Saban.

2015 College Football Team Talent Composite

You wonder how Saban has kept his job this long.

You wonder how Saban has kept his job this long.
Saban keeps his job only because with this weak crop of coaches he has to face off against, nobody else is able to win as many or more titles than him. If all the other coaches in the country were better over the last 15 years, Saban would have been canned many years ago.

Saban keeps his job only because with this weak crop of coaches he has to face off against, nobody else is able to win as many or more titles than him. If all the other coaches in the country were better over the last 15 years, Saban would have been canned many years ago.
This is awesome. Saban is trash. The very definition of a pretender.

They kind of have been, I think they have like the third most wins in college football from 1980 forward and have now bookended that period with national championships. I don't like it, but the drought was all we had for the moment. We need to beat them or otherwise become relevant again fast.

Last edited:
UT will likely beat Bama again before they beat UGA. Instant relativity...relativity?
You can never tell, like the poet said:

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying."

It's certainly been true of most football dynasties of the past and I dare say it will be the same with the present. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, bulldogs.

Reactions: CigarDawg
You can never tell, like the poet said:

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying."

It's certainly been true of most football dynasties of the past and I dare say it will be the same with the present. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, bulldogs.
Well said, my Orange friend.

While calling Saban or Kirby a lousy coach is ridiculous, a few of you in here need to get a room with both of them as much devotion and effort you put into their defense.

Good grief.

While calling Saban or Kirby a lousy coach is ridiculous, a few of you in here need to get a room with both of them as much devotion and effort you put into their defense.

Good grief.

Wow! You completely missed the point of those posts, bless your heart. Maybe you should stop eating the Play-Doh.

Wow! You completely missed the point of those posts, bless your heart. Maybe you should stop eating the Play-Doh.

LMAO. The point was, skippy, there is a small but passionate sect of Vol fans in here that vigorously defend uga and any slight made toward the program. It never makes sense to me, as I don't defend other programs; relying instead on their own fans to do that. With uga in particular, metaphorically speaking, I wouldn't pee on the program if it was on fire.

But they should be them, and you be you!

Georgia fans are hilarious when it comes to Stetson Bennett. They respect him but also don’t respect him. Some think that the 5 star QBs waiting behind him are better and might beat him out for the starting job this year.

VN Store

Back