2022 Army game bought out (merged)

Rickyvol77

They have played 20 years of pillow soft schedule and have been worse than Tennessee but you all want to act like they are some world beater lol. Their biggest win over a P5 team in 20 years was over a 6-6 Duke team

Rickyvol77

We haven't mattered as a national contender in 20 years. We've been playing football since the beginning of the last century. We're number 10 because we had periods of success throughout the last century.
We mattered in 2015-16 but for coaching costing us a major bowl. But even during our worst decade in history we were almost ,500 and still are ranked above 90% of the other programs in almost every majors category. (Wins, win %, bowls, all time record vs all conferences, NFL players etc)

Rickyvol77

You all? I haven't made any such post so STFU with your ignorant and delusional claims
How is a barely FBS program who plays a soft as hell independent schedule and averages beating a P5 team once every decade not trash. They are nothing more than midmajor fodder no different than La Monroe or Bowling Green or Troy or Nevada.

USAFgolferVol

How is a barely FBS program who plays a soft as hell independent schedule and averages beating a P5 team once every decade not trash. They are nothing more than midmajor fodder no different than La Monroe or Bowling Green or Troy or Nevada.
That doesn't equate to being trash. They compete at a lower level. That's all. All your posts prove is that you are know-nothing trash. My God man, you couldn't have gotten within sniffing distance of playing a sport for any of the programs you've mentioned, never mind the fact you couldn't have met academic requirements

Rickyvol77

That doesn't equate to being trash. They compete at a lower level. That's all. All your posts prove is that you are know-nothing trash. My God man, you couldn't have gotten within sniffing distance of playing a sport for any of the programs you've mentioned, never mind the fact you couldn't have met academic requirements
Yes no one can get into the military 🙄 and all the truly elite minds head there. and also you’re right that Arkansas St and Nevada and other commuter schools are just too much for the average student to aspire for. However I graduated Tennessee which is actually a real school with a real athletics program

USAFgolferVol

Yes no one can get into the military 🙄 and all the truly elite minds head there. and also you’re right that Arkansas St and Nevada and other commuter schools are just too much for the average student to aspire for. However I graduated Tennessee which is actually a real school with a real athletics program
No, you couldn't get within sniffing distance of a service academy. Police academy doesn't count

sjt18

Yes. I am afraid to play schools like the service academies. They chop block as part of the only offensive system that allows them to be competitive. Has nothing to do with fear of losing to them but rather having injuries vs them that cost you other games.

sjt18

The service academies are academically very good. The average ACT score at the AFA is 31. I believe it is around 27 at UT. AFA is in the same territory as Duke

They might be better but are subject to certain demographic requirements in admissions.

sjt18

Look at all the scholars there. In DC, at the Pentagon, on the battlefield. Truly some intellectual giants
Now you are spewing some ignorance. I generally agree with much of what you post but you are WAY off the reservation here.

Yes. You have to be an intellectual "giant" to be promoted higher than Major in the Army. Almost all who make it past that point have a post-graduate degree.

99gator

Congressman
Just saw this story.

But to answer the question with a question.....if you don't have to play them at their place, why else would you buy out an opponent?

Vol423

Army 5 years running:
3-0
9-3
5-8
11-2
10-3

Akron:
1-2
1-5
0-12
4-8
7-7

One is a guaranteed win, one is not, and would be a grind out game before Florida.

A bowl will pay more than 500k…….Tennessee is and has been way down……right now their trying to get bowling again……sounds like priorities are in the right place to me.

It’s not like they don’t already play Bama, Florida, Georgia, LSU and play Pitt non conference.
Sounds an awful lot like a yes.

Vol423

They have played 20 years of pillow soft schedule and have been worse than Tennessee but you all want to act like they are some world beater lol. Their biggest win over a P5 team in 20 years was over a 6-6 Duke team
...and yet we decided to buyout the contract to ensure it stayed that way.

TheFlash1971

I thank them for their service and here is a nice check. I’m sure they will find somebody else. It’s no big deal. Nobody wants to spend two to three weeks preparing for that offense especially when they are not in your conference.

VN Store