2021 SEC Championship Game - 4:00 pm ET CBS

If you want one SEC team in the playoffs pull for UGA, if you want them both to be in the playoffs, pull for Bama, simple as that.
UGA is in no matter what happens.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Give me 3 keys to the game. I want to see it. Then give your prediction. Here is mine.

1)Georgias front 7 vs that Bama Offensive line.

2)Jameson Williams in space if Bryce Young can extend a play a couple seconds because of that first key to the game. Skill players tend to play faster on thise surfaces in domes which plays into Williams favor.

3)Stetson Bennett has been able to allow his defense to control things and give him short fields. If gets in 3rd and longs and Will Anderson is coming. Will he make a quick poor decision or keep managing the game.

All year I have said Georgia would squash Bama like a bug. Every comparable game Georgia has looked significantly more dominant. However thats not how situational football is played. While I still am taking Georgia I dont think they can just slow bleed teams out with smothering defense and control clock. Will Anderson is the best player in college football and will make his mark. If you asked me a month ago I would have said something like UGA 37-17 and while Bama has done nothing to say they are better as gets closer to game time Saban is the Goat and situational football noone is better at it. So still UGA but...... 31-23

Last edited:
17-21 Georgia late until Young hits Williams to end the game 24-21.

Can the get enough out of their ground game that is the question.

Georgia DL v Bama OL

Georgia corners v Bama receivers

If Bama can start fast and get a couple of stops it’s game on. We’re still talking about Bama here. They’re still coached by the greatest coach in modern college football history and they have a psychological edge over UGA. I’ll be shocked if Bama doesn’t come out clicking on all cylinders.

There is too much pride and talent for Bama to just show up and give UGA this game tomorrow like everyone is expecting . UGA is going to have to strap up and take it.

I hate ala****, but I hate uga more. I'd rather get kicked in the nads, than either team win. That said, I want nothing more than for all these puppies around me to cry and complain tomorrow night. I hope the tide refs show up, and screw Georgia over. I want it to be obvious, just to make them angrier 🤣

If Bama can start fast and get a couple of stops it’s game on. We’re still talking about Bama here. They’re still coached by the greatest coach in modern college football history and they have a psychological edge over UGA. I’ll be shocked if Bama doesn’t come out clicking on all cylinders.

There is too much pride and talent for Bama to just show up and give UGA this game tomorrow like everyone is expecting . UGA is going to have to strap up and take it.

And at some point Smart will have to out coach Saban. I don’t see Bennett being a guy that can lead them to a game winning score either.

I hate ala****, but I hate uga more. I'd rather get kicked in the nads, than either team win. That said, I want nothing more than for all these puppies around me to cry and complain tomorrow night. I hope the tide refs show up, and screw Georgia over. I want it to be obvious, just to make them angrier 🤣

If I’m being honest here I could see this playing out as a set up for a CFP title rematch because the refs blew a call.

Reactions: joevol33
And at some point Smart will have to out coach Saban. I don’t see Bennett being a guy that can lead them to a game winning score either.
Oh if they are trying to march down the field. You have to imagine Will Anderson is coming ears pinned. Thats a scenario he almost always wins.

A number of interesting projections and predictions on the numerous threads about this game. I still think this is UGA's game to lose, and I don't believe they will. As for "how the game plays out"...

- I agree with UGA's front 7 -vs- the Bama offense. I think both sides have their moments, but over 60 minutes I think UGA carries the day. I expect Bama to hit a few big plays in the passing game, but I still think UGA does enough on defense to hold Bama at or under 24 points.
- I think we'll see JT Daniels at some point in this game. The later the better for UGA, but I think Kirby sends JT out to change the pace against the Bama defense. It's a high-risk move, but it could pay off, especially if Pickens is at 100%. That combo is a game-changer.
- I expect Bama to load up on the line; try to stuff the run; come after SBIV; and dare UGA to beat them over the top. This is the game-within-the-game that will bear watching. Here again is where I think we may see a switch to JT.
- If UGA can get pressure on Young, and eventually they will, then the scales tip back in favor of UGA. Limit Young, and you limit the Bama offense.

I'll stick with UGA, 31-21. Or 35-20. Or +10 to 14, whatever the final numbers be.

If you've got some crow in the freezer, go ahead and thaw it out. I'm due for another big sammich.

Go Vols.

Reactions: DeepSpringsVol
Oh if they are trying to march down the field. You have to imagine Will Anderson is coming ears pinned. Thats a scenario he almost always wins.

I think that OL will play with something to prove. They’ve been hearing it all season and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a statement on the big stage.

I think that OL will play with something to prove. They’ve been hearing it all season and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made a statement on the big stage.
this quote I was talking about Bama coming after Georgia. But yeah U agree Bamas O Line will play better but that right tackle they have tried every combination imaginable and nothing has worked. Here is an issue. I talked to a friend yesterday who his dad played for Bear Bryant so his whole family is all in on Bama. He said Robinson isn't healthy and may be a game time decision. If he cant play Bama has almsot no shot. I dont think he is close to being the back that Bama is accustomed to. But they need him to at least keep from being 1 dimensional. My friend thinks Robinson will play but clearly wont be anywhere close to 100%.

this quote I was talking about Bama coming after Georgia. But yeah U agree Bamas O Line will play better but that right tackle they have tried every combination imaginable and nothing has worked. Here is an issue. I talked to a friend yesterday who his dad played for Bear Bryant so his whole family is all in on Bama. He said Robinson isn't healthy and may be a game time decision. If he cant play Bama has almsot no shot. I dont think he is close to being the back that Bama is accustomed to. But they need him to at least keep from being 1 dimensional. My friend thinks Robinson will play but clearly wont be anywhere close to 100%.

they’ll be coming after Bennett for sure. The corners will have to cover much better.

they’ll be coming after Bennett for sure. The corners will have to cover much better.
Even not playing us its frustrating to watch him. He is slithery when he clearly he is like least athletic player on a field evey snap. Yet he knows Exactly what to do.

Last edited:
I heard during the pregame ref meeting that each ref drew from a hat on calls they were gonna use to totally screw Ga over. A hat!

Bama wins today, I think they'll have enough success against Georgia's secondary.

Stetson Bennett ain't beating Bama

Bama wins today, I think they'll have enough success against Georgia's secondary.

Stetson Bennett ain't beating Bama
That’s why I think if Bama comes down the field and scores early and gets a few stops it’s going to be tougher on UGA than people think.

Reactions: irish1485

VN Store

Back