2021 Regional Championship Official Thread - post game

DBU is falling to pieces right now.
OSU up 4-0, 2 outs and bases loaded.
DBU just went to the pen.
GBO!!

Oregon/LSU is a coin flip as far as who I want to play. We aren't familiar with Oregon and vice versa. LSU is familiar with us and vice versa. I'm not sure which option benefits us the most. BTW, we swept LSU back in late March in 3 close games with one going to extra innings. Can we beat them 5 out of 6 in the same season? We may know soon enough.
I prefer Oregon. LSU would have a lot to play for, especially against us. Their head coach’s last year, revenge on us from earlier in the season, Vitello to LSU talks (not likely).... Like you said, they are familiar with us and their younger players are starting to get hot later in the season. Also, if we draw Oregon, their fans most likely won’t travel as well as LSU would (frees up more tickets for us Vol fans). Oregon also hasn’t played in front of a full capacity crowd, let alone a full capacity SEC crowd. Their competition isn’t anywhere near what ours or LSU’s is either. I feel we’d have a better chance of going 2-0 vs the Ducks rather than the Tigers IMO.

I prefer Oregon. LSU would have a lot to play for, especially against us. Their head coach’s last year, revenge on us from earlier in the season, Vitello to LSU talks (not likely).... Like you said, they are familiar with us and their younger players are starting to get hot later in the season. Also, if we draw Oregon, their fans most likely won’t travel as well as LSU would (frees up more tickets for us Vol fans). Oregon also hasn’t played in front of a full capacity crowd, let alone a full capacity SEC crowd. Their competition isn’t anywhere near what ours or LSU’s is either. I feel we’d have a better chance of going 2-0 vs the Ducks rather than the Tigers IMO.
All the reasons you have listed is why I think we will be playing LSU. LSU > Oregon We will have our hands full against LSU.

Back to back homers off Nikhazy makes it 12-9 T7 He's up to 25 pitches now

That’s exactly what you’d want and it should be welcomed. LNS will be standing room only and rowdy. Getting to the coach will effect his game plan and eventually his players.
Whatever.....Just don't want the commentators to talk about the LSU Coach's plans for retirement and so on and so forth. I take it you did not see his announcement.... Boo hoo and it was shown over and over again. Would rather have the Seeded team and the Challenge vs a team that has been to Knoxville already this season and did nothing but complain about the Crowd and the poor officiating.

Reactions: StarRaider
South Florida adds 2 in T9 6-3 3 outs away from SR as 4 seed in regional

My only real interest in DBU is that my youngest daughter and I went to a few HS playoff games at their stadium a couple of years ago when my kids' HS won the state title in their division. Really nice little ballpark.

My oldest daughter graduated with some really good baseball players, at least one that will be in the show someday. Bobby Witt Jr.

That said: this has been a fun comeback to watch.

My only real interest in DBU is that my youngest daughter and I went to a few HS playoff games at their stadium a couple of years ago when my kids' HS won the state title in their division. Really nice little ballpark.

My oldest daughter graduated with some really good baseball players, at least one that will be in the show someday. Bobby Witt Jr.

That said: this has been a fun comeback to watch.

I remember his Dad.

Whatever.....Just don't want the commentators to talk about the LSU Coach's plans for retirement and so on and so forth. I take it you did not see his announcement.... Boo hoo and it was shown over and over again. Would rather have the Seeded team and the Challenge vs a team that has been to Knoxville already this season and did nothing but complain about the Crowd and the poor officiating.

That part I don’t care for. He’s retiring move on. If LNS rocking gets under his skin that much then it needs to happen

Old Dominion and VA delayed until tomorrow morning at 9:06
I was reading an article about the VA ODU game yesterday. Virginia pitchers had 24 strikeouts yesterday, 16 by a relief pitcher in 5 2/3 innings. That’s 16 out of 17 outs by strikeout by that pitcher!
That game delay will particularly help Virginia. They were planning to start a pitcher today who is primarily a position player. He has only two innings pitched all season.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
Arkansas done called the Kopps. Not sure if Nebraska can take the lead back against them. But I would love to see Arkansas lose with Kopps on the mound.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back